Ex Player Ryan Williams

Williams I think needs a longer run in the side coming in as a sub is not a great way to judge what a player is like.
As we could be short of players on Boxing Day hopefully he will start again

He’s got that determination to get to the ball first and protect it, that is really satisfying to watch. After that his passing isn’t always as good as some of the others, but it’s pretty reliable and he still has the energy to win back the ball again if it gets lost.

Official MOTM again yesterday - must have the best League MOTM to start ratio in the squad this season...

Nathan Holland

Against a top side where he is allowed to play and show his skills he can be a class act, Newcastle an example.

Ryan Williams

A battler who gives everything for the team, gets stuck in when needed, not afraid to put his body on the line for the cause, would have him every time for matches at this level.

Deserved his MOM yesterday.

Williams usually puts in a decent shift when selected

Yet Holland , who for me, drifts in and out of games, seems to get the nod when they are both fit

Holland is a quality player no question , but , IMO Williams is more consistant, certainly at L1 level

Williams usually puts in a decent shift when selected

Yet Holland , who for me, drifts in and out of games, seems to get the nod when they are both fit
I think Holland is a tad more skilful

Nathan Holland

Against a top side where he is allowed to play and show his skills he can be a class act, Newcastle an example.

Ryan Williams

A battler who gives everything for the team, gets stuck in when needed, not afraid to put his body on the line for the cause, would have him every time for matches at this level.

Deserved his MOM yesterday.

Kane & Brannagan

Williams Sykes Holland

Taylor

Could get them all in the same team 🥳

Having persisted with Gavin Whyte, though, for several months when he hasn't been much good - I wouldn't want to drop him just at the point where he's starting to look more like the player we know he can be!
Because at last he’s being played in his natural position.

Because at last he’s being played in his natural position.
Not sure that is true.
He looked to me to be simply lacking in confidence. Missing open goals didn't help ( and he has missed a number of very simple chances)
He now seems to be looking more confident. He needs a goal or 2 and I suspect that he would be right back to his best.
The best I ever saw Gavin Whyte play was at Shrewsbury when he scored a hat trick, not in his 'natural' position

Not sure that is true.
He looked to me to be simply lacking in confidence. Missing open goals didn't help ( and he has missed a number of very simple chances)
He now seems to be looking more confident. He needs a goal or 2 and I suspect that he would be right back to his best.
The best I ever saw Gavin Whyte play was at Shrewsbury when he scored a hat trick, not in his 'natural' position
Playing him in the right position breeds good play breeds confidence 😎

I was also at Shrewsbury but recent games v Fleetwood and Rotherham suggests that will remain a one-off!

Playing him in the right position breeds good play breeds confidence 😎

I was also at Shrewsbury but recent games v Fleetwood and Rotherham suggests that will remain a one-off!
He was so outstanding that day I would be surprised ( Cardiff played him there at times and on the left)

Not sure that is true.
His pace won the game that day Surprised they haven’t tried that again or at least if he’s on the pitch go to that system, who knows or may just work.

For me Ryan Williams highlights why this season’s squad is more competitive than last.

I wasn’t over excited when we signed him. But I remember thinking if he is a replacement in the squad for the likes of Rob Hall then that is a step up.

I’m only saying that re Hall due to his recent injuries. But for Williams to be able to come in from the cold and play that well shows what a good signing he was,

Now if we lose the 2 or 3 most seem to be highlighting and replace with better then we’ll be in a seriously good position.

Back
Top Bottom