Ex Player Ryan Ledson

Mmm'well I dunno. Ledson is a pretty average player in a crowded midfield so he should be sold (and has, I am awake) whereas Nelson is the outstanding defender with only Dickie and maybe Raglan to support him, plus Norman Cameron and some other new FB. I think we need him (Nelson Curtis) to make the defence work. After Nelson and Eastwood we haven't much that any sane side would want unless perhaps Carole Canice as a prizefighter.....

As you say, players will churn, I only wish we could churn Mousinho and Henry and Slowatt.

Henry? Not sure where we’d have been without him.

Mmm'well I dunno. Ledson is a pretty average player in a crowded midfield so he should be sold (and has, I am awake) whereas Nelson is the outstanding defender with only Dickie and maybe Raglan to support him, plus Norman Cameron and some other new FB. I think we need him (Nelson Curtis) to make the defence work. After Nelson and Eastwood we haven't much that any sane side would want unless perhaps Carole Canice as a prizefighter.....

As you say, players will churn, I only wish we could churn Mousinho and Henry and Slowatt.

Slowatt has gone back to Barnsley. I'd be highly perturbed if he was to return.

Henry, I'm happy to see him for another season.

If only Obika could become a modern day Peter Knowles.

Curran, Mcdonald,Langan, Hebberd Prem. Squad players. The rest definitely not, nowhere near.
Curran was the top scorer in British football at one point ..... scored against England at wembley in 71, was one of the few players to get the better of the legendary Bobby Moore..... 20 goals (for Wolves) in one season,in the old first division in a season when wolves finished 4th , above the likes of the bin dippers & todays obscenely funded fa cup finalists, he scored 40 goals for Wolves in 86 appearances, he played in the then 2 legged UEFA cup final (losing over two legs to the spuds) ... if memory serves Curran was top scorer at every league club he played for....in two tenures at OUFC he got around 39-40 goals in just over 100 appearances..... in his prime much more than a prem squad player
Mcdonald(Bobby) Dave Langan and Trevor Hebbard were all regular fixtures in old first division , for OUFC ...I missed Ray Houghton off too....I disagree ALL of them in their prime were top level club players and many of them played at International level too

Think Lego's comments after the Charlton win were enough to prove that Pep wasn't popular with the players

I appreciate he hasn’t been on the show for many years now but this WSC review of Lovejoy’s book remains a classic.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

Lower word count but could serve as an accurate summary of the above; a review from Amazon:

"Read this masterpiece on the recommendation of a particularly mischievous friend. If you want to master the art of vacuous bellendery then this is a must read. Dear. Oh. Lordy. "

Not much nice to say, and rightly so. Probably.

Preston have behaved impeccably throughout the process; once there was interest we told them a price and they matched it.
Quote from Karl Robinson in the Oxford Mail.

I said from the start, if the deal happened it would be for an undisclosed fee. That’s annoying for both sets of fans. I sincerely hope that the money received assists Oxford to bring in suitable replacements and that it doesn’t find its way into the pocket of the previous owner.

Nope it all goes to the previous owner, as with all players signed during his tenure. The only way OUFC see any of it is if DE chooses to ‘give’ it to us.
I have a feeling that the deal being a bit touch and go at one point was eventually forced through by DE because he wanted whatever he could get.

Back
Top Bottom