Ex Player Ryan Ledson

By all accounts that’s also why Gareth Bale managed to turn out for Real Madrid yesterday.

It won’t “show on the medical that there’s a problem”, because that’s not how medicine and medicals work. There isn’t a problem now, because he played thereafter. What has almost certainly happened is a difference of medical opinion; e.g. he has a trivially frayed meniscus which isn’t affecting him now, but Preston are sufficiently worried that it might need attention at some point within the contract they want to offer him. Fair enough; Preston’s right to pull out, and we agree about that. And we’re happy as he’ll be worth exponentially more down the track.

As above; he’s one of several saleable assets, and not necessarily our most saleable. And there isn’t “a problem” just because the Preston fans forum says there is, so there may or may not be something to rectify. He may or may not be near the end of his contract, because he may sign another.

I know you’re not being sanctimonious but I’m afraid “what you’ve found out” is pure speculation only.

And to prove WE’RE not being sanctimonious either, we’re prepared to offer you arguably a superior player, Jon Obika, for the same knock-down price of £1m.
Cut out the sarcasm, why kick a bloke when he is down

If what I've heard is true then Lego won't be able to play for anybody for a while. It wasn't for footballing reasons that he failed the medical. I seriously hope it's bullsh*t but if not, he's screwed up big time
So how come he played Saturday? Ur talking rubbish.

I didn't know back then how serious it was. Swelled up straight away but went down equally fast by the next day. Weird feeling though, like having air in your knee. I even kept wicket! :eek:

My own “the sportsman takes a detached view of his body” stories are...

...also a lax ACL, period from diagnosis to surgery was something daft like three years.

1. Taken as single travelling sub for both XIs from Witney to Bicester for a school football match.

Went on in second half for second XI.

Off again with dislocated knee no less than two minutes later.

2. Summer after, playing week-day cricket match for invitational XI.

Pretty lousy batsman, rarely got enough runs to lose count.

Therefore knew I had completed my maiden 50 before the applause came from the boundary.

Dislocated knee celebrating my fiftieth run, retired hurt and carried off.

If that is the case, then your club really doesn't come out of this well. Passing on confidential details of a transfer and a player's health so it goes into the public domain is pretty s**t when it isn't even your player. I suggest those in the PNE hierarchy review who they talk to in future.

Nothing has been leaked to the press about it yet to be fair. Maybe we don't come out well from it being leaked via fans, if we're in the wrong then whatever, I'm not so 'tribal' about PNE to argue endlessly about which clubs are right/wrong on forums, just a fan.

I hope I didn't come across as sanctimonious, was just trying to pass on information on what had become a very confusing situation and one that I know came from a very reliable source of information.

It's not Oxford's fault they agreed to sell an/ or that he's injured, it's part and parcel of football and I wasn't trying to portray Oxford in a negative light.

Correct me if im wrong but didn't MAPP comment (during his time with us) that Ledson was a late developer (or something along those lines) in terms of his bone density?. Not sure if this is connected with the alleged knee problem but I'm sure something was mentioned a year or two back.

If it's true and he stays, you have to feel for him but from a selfish point of view it's great for us. He's also not the sort to feel sorry for himself, so im sure he'll give it 110% where ever he ends up playing. Championship, L1 or down the park.

As Dave suggested, he's played 50 games this season, he also played Saturday. Sounds rather improbable to me, but stranger things have happened at OUFC.

Nothing has been leaked to the press about it yet to be fair. Maybe we don't come out well from it being leaked via fans, if we're in the wrong then whatever, I'm not so 'tribal' about PNE to argue endlessly about which clubs are right/wrong on forums, just a fan.

I hope I didn't come across as sanctimonious, was just trying to pass on information on what had become a very confusing situation and one that I know came from a very reliable source of information.

It's not Oxford's fault they agreed to sell an/ or that he's injured, it's part and parcel of football and I wasn't trying to portray Oxford in a negative light.
You seem a decent sort of bloke. When we get promoted next season perhaps you can invite us up to sample the delights of downtown Preston. Having said that, it needs to improve considerably on my last visit .Thats a while back..............

Ive been out all day and have not long been back home ( a gorgeous day out with my dear wife ) and I’m sat down having a cuppa and I’m reading the Sun on Sunday and I’ve just read this tripe.

RYAN LEDSON
paid for his own tickets to sit with Oxford fans at Blackburn yesterday.
—to say farewell.
the U’s midfielder, 20, was left out the Ewood Park tripahead of a potential sale to Preston somsat with the away fans.

Couldn’t upload a photo of the article as it say’s it’s to large. Not sure if this has been mentioned but if it has apologies......It goes through show poor journalism.

Ive been out all day and have not long been back home ( a gorgeous day out with my dear wife ) and I’m sat down having a cuppa and I’m reading the Sun on Sunday and I’ve just read this tripe.

RYAN LEDSON
paid for his own tickets to sit with Oxford fans at Blackburn yesterday.
—to say farewell.
the U’s midfielder, 20, was left out the Ewood Park tripahead of a potential sale to Preston somsat with the away fans.

Couldn’t upload a photo of the article as it say’s it’s to large. Not sure if this has been mentioned but if it has apologies......It goes through show poor journalism.
You can't link The Sun with journalism...

Sorry but how much have you had PNE will to quote me in 12 months time
we were 2 points of the playoffs this season. With improvements in the summer and the deadwood moved on, then who knows.
PNE favourites for promotion from the Championship 2018/19? hmmmmmmmmmm:unsure::unsure::unsure:
I think Sunderland were favourites this time last year and we know what happened there. I said PNE was free to quote me in 12 months and he was back in less than an hour so I am sure he will be back soon

Back
Top Bottom