Ex Player Roofe To Anderlecht

Strange that roofe (16 goals last year?) is going for around 7 mill when that Bristol city defender (webster) went to brighton for 20 mill. I would of thought it would be the other way round price wise.

Strange that roofe (16 goals last year?) is going for around 7 mill when that Bristol city defender (webster) went to brighton for 20 mill. I would of thought it would be the other way round price wise.

Leeds have an FFP problem plus I always thought Bielsa didn't like Roofe seems a weird sale all round

Strange that Leeds are letting their top scorer, from last season, go for such a relatively, low fee.

You'd have thought that any top championship team could match the fee, or even a premier league team would take a punt.

What I don't get in the Ox Mail piece is West Brom getting a share of our sell on. They got their share when we sold Roofe to Leeds and I don't remember seeing such arrangements in other transfers unless I've missed them of course.
The sell % on will be on all income from the sale, so fee plus add-ons plus sell on %.

the domestic market is fucked up though isn't it. roofe into last year of his contract, has had a fair few injuries since he's been at Leeds, i'd say 7mil was a fair price.

I’m not sure it actually works like that.

What Niall McWilliams said - and I have no reason to doubt him - is there is a payment plan in place to Darryl Eales and it’s up to date.

I’d be more concerned if we were not sticking to the plan which we clearly are as Eales seemed happy enough
when interviewed last week at Solihull.
Actually, he did not say it was up to date. He stopped short of that, merely confirming a schedule. It's a bit more involved than that.

Total debt under the charge: £4,275,708.00

1565007869561.png

If all three amounts had accrued and been transferred, then a balance of £1 million is still outstanding. This would indicate that the expected income from all the transfers listed under the charge had not arrived. Given that Roofe alone, went for £3 million (as has been touted as the figure) then where has it gone? Add to this that any delay in payment will incur interest payments of 10% compound, then I am not in the least surprised to see DE smiling. He can't lose. He has a legally binding arrangement for OUFC to pay him.

If Roofe goes for £7m, we will get £420k
If Roofe goes for £7m, we will get £420k

ok - i wasn’t far out according to Oxford Mail, I understood 10% of total sale value with 40% of that 10% going to WBA. Seems it’s 15% of profit with 40% of that going to WBA.

But hold on? When I said on a separate thread that WBA would get 40% of our fee, there was a lot of replies that I was wrong and I didn’t know what I was talking about as WBA couldn’t double dip.

Shame on you doubters.?

Now when’s Callum going to move? Straight 10% of profit on that one I believe.

Strange that Leeds are letting their top scorer, from last season, go for such a relatively, low fee.

You'd have thought that any top championship team could match the fee, or even a premier league team would take a punt.

Roofe in last year of his contract and not looking in any hurry to sign a new one.

That doesn't happen in other transfers though, certainly not the ones I've read about.
It's certainly not common, doesn't mean it's not possible though.

I don't think we paid much if anything for Roofe.

As with Whyte, where we've probably not gone for much up front, we're gambling that the further development of the player will end up making us more than we've charged on the initial sale.

It's certainly not common, doesn't mean it's not possible though.

I don't think we paid much if anything for Roofe.

As with Whyte, where we've probably not gone for much up front, we're gambling that the further development of the player will end up making us more than we've charged on the initial sale.

Oh, agreed it is possible, just a strange one.

Actually, he did not say it was up to date. He stopped short of that, merely confirming a schedule. It's a bit more involved than that.

View attachment 1927

If all three amounts had accrued and been transferred, then a balance of £1 million is still outstanding. This would indicate that the expected income from all the transfers listed under the charge had not arrived. Given that Roofe alone, went for £3 million (as has been touted as the figure) then where has it gone? Add to this that any delay in payment will incur interest payments of 10% compound, then I am not in the least surprised to see DE smiling. He can't lose. He has a legally binding arrangement for OUFC to pay him.

WBA got 40% of that £3m for Roofe.

View attachment 1927

Roofe was sold in the summer of 2016.

Eales sold Oxford in February 2018.

That doesn't happen in other transfers though, certainly not the ones I've read about.

it does, just people not always looking so closely (and they are not often 40%). It does depend on the exact deal negotiated.
its the same way that transfer fees are rarely paid up front, so percentages will be paid on all the instalments over a period of time.

Oxford, the city of spires, academic achievement and to be blunt, many thick supporters of Oxford United.

When Michael Glazer took over Manchester United, he borrowed heavily from financial institutions to buy the club from the previous owners, resulting in interest payments of over £60 million a year that the club has to pay...

When Tiger purchased Oxford United, rather than borrow money from hedge funds, etc. he reaches an agreement with DE to pay him in instalments. This is probably a cheaper way of financing the takeover than borrowing from profit hungry financial institutions.

So, Oxford United may well be winners from this arrangement. Tiger has capital to invest in players like Dickie, the debt to people who care nothing about Oxford is minimised and Darryl Eales gets his money when Oxford United can afford it... I presume that any interest to Darryl Eales is paid at a lower rate than Tiger could have got from a financial institution.

Yet the thick people only think that DE is taking money from the club... They can't get the fact through their thick skulls that Tiger hasn't purchased the club in full. I would much sooner have club debt owed to DE than a financial institution that could come knocking at anytime, and potentially landing Oxford with a 12 point penalty... If Oxford income drops, DE doesn't get his money. If we receive money from player sales, and are not in financial difficulties, DE gets his money.

WBA get a share of money we receive from Leeds for Roofe, now and in the future. If Leeds put a sell-on clause into the current sale, we (and WBA) may profit again in the future from future sales - depending on exactly what is in the contracts.

Back
Top Bottom