Ex Player Roofe To Anderlecht

I would have thought that the sell on percentage would not figure in what OUFC "gain" from the sale. Only what is due to OUFC would be submitted to the designated account.
Still nice to see some profit come the way of the club. WBA getting 40% is a bitter pill, should OUFC have negotiated a better deal?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing! With the business model outlined in last week's phone-in, hopefully we will look to include double dip sell-ons in our dealings in the future.

The WBA portion is a small price to pay.

Cast your minds back to that 6AM announcement. At that time, I'd have chucked family members into the deal to get it done, and I don't for one moment believe I would've been the only one.

My first thought was 'That's cool for Kemar, he'll get to play in Europe this year'.....

…..then I looked and saw that Anderlecht weren't in either of the European competitions this year.....

…..then I looked up what happened in the Belgian league last year, and saw how they structure their league and their rules for determining Europa league places.....

…..and now my brain hurts. A lot.

My first thought was 'That's cool for Kemar, he'll get to play in Europe this year'.....

…..then I looked and saw that Anderlecht weren't in either of the European competitions this year.....

…..then I looked up what happened in the Belgian league last year, and saw how they structure their league and their rules for determining Europa league places.....

…..and now my brain hurts. A lot.

Oh I assumed likewise.

Fair play to him though, chance to play and sample life in a different country.

He was one of a batch of players (Dunkley etc) who seemed to really appreciate the opportunity OUFC gave them. Hope he does well out there.

As this is a capital gain, does the inland revenue get involved?
got a monthy tax bill they present to OUFC havent they? ...hence last seasons (many WUP's) ...(bar one ? )

whats left may go towards paying off DE?

Oxford Mail reckons we’ll be trousering the money.

“It will see them claim 15 per cent of the profit, although 40 per cent of what they receive is then due to West Bromwich Albion as part of the agreement which took him to the U's in 2015.

“The lack of clarity over the fees makes calculating United's income difficult, but if the reported figures are accurate it appears to be in the region of £360,000.

“The Oxford Mail understands it does not come under the terms of the charge still owed to former owner Darryl Eales, so will go to the club.”

“It will see them claim 15 per cent of the profit, although 40 per cent of what they receive is then due to West Bromwich Albion as part of the agreement which took him to the U's in 2015.

“The lack of clarity over the fees makes calculating United's income difficult, but if the reported figures are accurate it appears to be in the region of £360,000.

“The Oxford Mail understands it does not come under the terms of the charge still owed to former owner Darryl Eales, so will go to the club.”

No winding-up orders for a while then? (we can but dream!)

Sadly, I believe The Mail has got it's facts wrong. I am no solicitor or accountant but, reading through the charge document several times, I get a very strong impression that ANY income derived from the sale/transfer of contract of any player would be required to be deposited in the account set up for the purpose of paying off the charge.
Unless, of course, that charge had been settled.
I hope I am wrong but, that's how it looks to me.

RO this morning: “We calculate Oxford United’s windfall to be less than a quarter of a million pounds”

Sadly, I believe The Mail has got it's facts wrong. I am no solicitor or accountant but, reading through the charge document several times, I get a very strong impression that ANY income derived from the sale/transfer of contract of any player would be required to be deposited in the account set up for the purpose of paying off the charge.
Unless, of course, that charge had been settled.
I hope I am wrong but, that's how it looks to me.
Wasn't the situation that all money from certain players sales went into this account to pay off DE/Ensco, then what is left in that account after the installments had cleared that debt would be the clubs money, no one can pre determine the value of a player and when he might be sold, whether this applies to this transfer is hard to tell.

weather it pays off DE quicker or is money in Oxford (Tigers) pocket i guess it doesn't really matter - if the debt is alot further along the line of being settled then great - gets the monkey off the shoulder, if it comes directly to the club then great we have unbudgeted income to use as seen fit.

Oh I assumed likewise.

Fair play to him though, chance to play and sample life in a different country.

He was one of a batch of players (Dunkley etc) who seemed to really appreciate the opportunity OUFC gave them. Hope he does well out there.
I thought he might go to a club in a more competitive league and I'm surprised a PL team hasn't taken a risk on him. I hope he does well though, I'm sure it will be a good experience for him.

Back
Top Bottom