Ex Player Roofe To Anderlecht

His contract runs out at the end of the season! Would have thought they’d have pushed the boat out for him to sign an extension.

I don’t think we have a sell-on for Roofe. In his case, I believe there is an add-on for promotion.

No inside knowledge but that was what has been discussed previously.

• React
Reactions: Ian
So pays him off quicker.
This is getting quite concerning now. That charge should have been cleared months ago. If all the fees from earlier sales had come in then it should have been. The question was not answered by the MD.

I’m not sure it actually works like that.

Transfer fees can be paid in stages across players’ contracts if clubs agree so if we sold Marvin Johnson
for the reported £3m in August 2017 , on a three year deal, then we could still be owed money and we had
to pay a sell on fee to Motherwell FC.

What Niall McWilliams said - and I have no reason to doubt him - is there is a payment plan in place to Darryl Eales and it’s up to date.

I’d be more concerned if we were not sticking to the plan which we clearly are as Eales seemed happy enough
when interviewed last week at Solihull.

Am I missing something with the money owed to Eales? Surely Wherever it comes from (in this case Roofe sell on for arguments sake) it pays him off quicker, therefore we are further ahead on our payment plan, meaning in theory we should have some extra cash the we haven’t budget for?

Depends on terms of the payment plan. For example we might have agreed with Eales a set fee of xxx per month

according to the OM today there is a sell on......

What I don't get in the Ox Mail piece is West Brom getting a share of our sell on. They got their share when we sold Roofe to Leeds and I don't remember seeing such arrangements in other transfers unless I've missed them of course.

What I don't get in the Ox Mail piece is West Brom getting a share of our sell on. They got their share when we sold Roofe to Leeds and I don't remember seeing such arrangements in other transfers unless I've missed them of course.
They probably have a future sales add-on which decreases each time he moves. That a guess no idea.

Back
Top Bottom