Ex Player Kemar Roofe

Still a head scratcher how we never won that league with the players we had, I suppose not really having a goalie can be as bad as not signing full backs.

We managed to score the most goals in League Two that season and conceded the fewest. And yet somehow we finished 13 points behind Northampton. That's quite hard to do!

Think it basically came down to winning close games - in games decided by one goal, by my reckoning we were W9-L8; meanwhile Northampton were a fairly ridiculous 20-3!

In other words, we frequently destroyed teams (and rewatching the highlights - some of our attacking play was glorious) but Northampton were insanely good at scratching out wins from close contests.

We managed to score the most goals in League Two that season and conceded the fewest. And yet somehow we finished 13 points behind Northampton. That's quite hard to do!

Think it basically came down to winning close games - in games decided by one goal, by my reckoning we were W9-L8; meanwhile Northampton were a fairly ridiculous 20-3!

In other words, we frequently destroyed teams (and rewatching the highlights - some of our attacking play was glorious) but Northampton were insanely good at scratching out wins from close contests.

I put it down to the cup runs. We played around 60 matches compared to N'ton's 50-ish

I see no bid has been made for him as of two hours ago. Sheffield Wednesday won’t comment and the silence from Derby is deafening.
I would love to have him back here on loan for a year, which would surely help our championship bid. I wonder if there’s any possibility of signing him just before the Derby game. I’m not sure he is fit to play or whether he can be registered in time…personally I would hate to see him play against us on Saturday

I see no bid has been made for him as of two hours ago. Sheffield Wednesday won’t comment and the silence from Derby is deafening.
I would love to have him back here on loan for a year, which would surely help our championship bid. I wonder if there’s any possibility of signing him just before the Derby game. I’m not sure he is fit to play or whether he can be registered in time…personally I would hate to see him play against us on Saturday
I cannot see how he can drop the SPL (Championship standard) to L1!

One minute scoring wonder goals in Europe, they next in L!

Not much chance of that:

Unless he's willing to take a 75% pay cut and us breaking our wage record in the process, I can't see it happening. This is still a very good player who just two months ago played in the Europa League Final and had it not been for injuries, he probably would have played an integral part in the whole competition and for Rangers this coming season.

I may be in the minority here, I would prefer that Roofe didn't sign for us.

I want to remember him banging in the spectacular goals that earned us promotion to league 1. I don't want those memories soiled by the possibility of less successful 2nd/3rd Spell.

If we can get jones on pay as you play type deal, I'd rather see the big money spent on different type of striker to what we already have.

Still the priority has to be full back reinforcements.

I may be in the minority here, I would prefer that Roofe didn't sign for us.

I want to remember him banging in the spectacular goals that earned us promotion to league 1. I don't want those memories soiled by the possibility of less successful 2nd/3rd Spell.

If we can get jones on pay as you play type deal, I'd rather see the big money spent on different type of striker to what we already have.

Still the priority has to be full back reinforcements.

It’s not like he would be coming back as a 35 year-old though. Heart would overrule the head for me on this one (and it would flog a lot of tickets I imagine too!)

Back
Top Bottom