Manager/Coach Robinson. Stay or go?

Should Robinson stay or go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Give KR a few weeks I jumped in and did agree he should go, but with a little info we should hold on to him

He needs players back, Eastwood is back Tuesday once fully fit I’ll share ?
So, because Eastwood is due to play Tuesday, you think Robinson should keep his job? I’m not sure that’s the answer to everything

Robinson is a symptom. Not the cause. Just like Pep before him.

Whoever comes in to replace him (it looks like when rather than if now) will find a club in a state of chronic disorganisation with an absent chairman, a part-time managing director, lines of communication which do not work and a general feeling of ‘er, wtf is going on?!’

I don’t doubt that Robinson has suffered some sort of professional mind block. The patterns of play from the front men are non-existent and we keep our shape only when the players are motivated (Sunderland, Manchester City).

But the chaos that reigns that behind the scenes bears a heavy responsibility for that. It is a cancer that will continue to eat away regardless of who the manager is.

Two months ago Robinson was advised to walk by someone well respected at this level. And it wasn’t because of on-field matters. This club has a reputation now.

The notion that when Robinson goes all will be well again is an absolute fantasy. Until off-the-field issues are resolved, we will continue to fall.

Hawk, this is very worrying if true (and i have no reason to doubt it is).

What I dont get is, why? What is Tiger's end game? Why take over a club, then leave it drifting to suck £1m p.a. out of you? Was it just a massive miss-sell on the stadium - I cant believe Tiger is that stupid?

10 years ago we had just been beaten by Lewes. That season also saw us beat by Altrincham, Grays and Histon before Christmas.

Of course things are bad at the moment, individual performances are bad and we seem to have lost the fight to grind out any result. Robinson has lost his way, and team selection seems to be little more than lucky dip at times. There is no obvious end to the run we are on, and we can only hope that the likes of Eastwood, Carruthers and Browne are soon back to give us a much needed lift.

But, things could be massively worse! We have spent most of the last 20 years in league 2 or the conference and have no rights to success. We have to all dig in, on the pitch, behind the scenes and in the stands. This is no time to give up on our club.

Of course things could be a lot worse, however if Tiger does not address the situation, we could well see us in the same perilous position. It’s no good pointing out the past and how bad it was, that ain’t going to make the present acceptable.

• React
Reactions: ljs
Robinson is a symptom. Not the cause. Just like Pep before him.

Whoever comes in to replace him (it looks like when rather than if now) will find a club in a state of chronic disorganisation with an absent chairman, a part-time managing director, lines of communication which do not work and a general feeling of ‘er, wtf is going on?!’

I don’t doubt that Robinson has suffered some sort of professional mind block. The patterns of play from the front men are non-existent and we keep our shape only when the players are motivated (Sunderland, Manchester City).

But the chaos that reigns that behind the scenes bears a heavy responsibility for that. It is a cancer that will continue to eat away regardless of who the manager is.

Two months ago Robinson was advised to walk by someone well respected at this level. And it wasn’t because of on-field matters. This club has a reputation now.

The notion that when Robinson goes all will be well again is an absolute fantasy. Until off-the-field issues are resolved, we will continue to fall.

I sometimes wonder if we are seeing the slow death of our beloved football club. The stadium situation, the way Kassam treats the club, an owner who lives thousands of miles away and one season along with 11 league games this season giving us a real fear of relegation., large losses which cannot be sustained, WTF is going on with Oxford United FC.

And perhaps news of further investment will mitigate the rumoured issues by enforcing more change into the club?

This made me shudder. I'm not getting involved - on this occasion - in petty debates about who is or isn't 'in the know' or whether The Hawk's credentials are suspect, but this comment has the ring of truth about it.

I'm missing Myles' contributions on the subject. He wrote comprehensively about his own misgivings when Tiger first appeared around the club, and I'd love an update from him.

Something stinks around the club at the moment, and it's not just our league position and abysmal on field performances.

Which part stinks? Aside from Tiger not being hugely vocal, it certainly *appears* better than the back end of DE’s reign (league position aside).

Well, to those of us with absolutely no access inside the club, 'league position aside' - the result of sometimes strange tactics and a seeming lack of effort and ability from some of our team - is quite a big part of the stink.

Combine that sad league position with a lack of leadership from an absent Tiger, new directors who we don't hear a peep from let alone receive any sense of 'direction', a verbose but apparently untalented manager with a strange ability to choose bizarre post-match reasons for his being ineffective, and the constant shadow of the guy who actually owns the stadium hanging over us with no-one apparently able to deal with him, I would say there is definitely a stink around the place.
Old 70s rare soul side kinda sums things up ?......

One thing I would like to add (and I don’t know if it’s beem covered above, haven’t read through the whole thread) is that I think KR deserves a bit more respect than he’s getting from some portions of the fan base at the minute. He’s been respectful to us as fans - justvread a quote from an interview after the Luton game where he said we were right to be critical as a fan base, and that he wants to turn things around as badly as we do. Compare that to Pep cupping his ear at the South Stand after a home goal against a horrendous Bury side, in a game we incidentally went on to lose.

I also think it’s very easy to critique his post match interviews when things aren’t going well. He could say anything and people would jump down his throats. He shows a bit of fight and criticises players / the referee and everyone says he’s just offloading the blame, but if he was meekly accepting the blame everyone would say he has no backbone. People have a go at him for tactical inflexibility, but if he went the other way, people would accuse him of ‘tinkering’. He did actually change things on Tuesday, and he was criticised for doing so.

I’ve been in the Robinson in camp but, as I said after the result on Tuesday, I unfortunately think his position has become untenable. But that’s purely because of results and the fact something is cleary up behind the scenes - I think the posts with him photoshopped as a clown and the posts referring to him as a ‘fat scouser’ are below the belt, unhelpful and unfair.

One thing I would like to add (and I don’t know if it’s beem covered above, haven’t read through the whole thread) is that I think KR deserves a bit more respect than he’s getting from some portions of the fan base at the minute. He’s been respectful to us as fans - justvread a quote from an interview after the Luton game where he said we were right to be critical as a fan base, and that he wants to turn things around as badly as we do. Compare that to Pep cupping his ear at the South Stand after a home goal against a horrendous Bury side, in a game we incidentally went on to lose.

I also think it’s very easy to critique his post match interviews when things aren’t going well. He could say anything and people would jump down his throats. He shows a bit of fight and criticises players / the referee and everyone says he’s just offloading the blame, but if he was meekly accepting the blame everyone would say he has no backbone. People have a go at him for tactical inflexibility, but if he went the other way, people would accuse him of ‘tinkering’. He did actually change things on Tuesday, and he was criticised for doing so.

I’ve been in the Robinson in camp but, as I said after the result on Tuesday, I unfortunately think his position has become untenable. But that’s purely because of results and the fact something is cleary up behind the scenes - I think the posts with him photoshopped as a clown and the posts referring to him as a ‘fat scouser’ are below the belt, unhelpful and unfair.
Fair play ttg, good post. I can’t argue with any of that. I have to admit anger and frustration have got the better of me from time to time. I’ve not gone as far as what you’ve highlighted above but I have written things that I should think through before typing. Let’s hope we reach a time very soon where there’s no call for negative feelings. Nothing lasts forever, even when it sometimes feels like it.

Not it’s not but be should stay a bit longer and your see
It must be something major for you to want KR to stay. Please share the wealth so the rest of us can jump on the bandwagon?????? Getting bored of hearing ‘Wait and see, good things are coming............’

I’ve been desperate for KR to succeed but after Tuesday his time is up. How can he fail to get a tune out of a squad of players that’s the best we’ve had in years? I also worry about the back room staff, is Derry too overbearing thinking he’s the manager and confusing the players, is FAZ just a yes man whose drifting towards retirement? What we don’t want is KR getting sacked and then another 123 pages on the forum about who the next manager will be driving us all mad.

IMO once a manager starts naming and criticizing individual players in postmatch interviews they've lost the plot/dressing room. You win as a team and lose as a team.
You save the bollocking of individuals for behind closed doors

I’ve been desperate for KR to succeed but after Tuesday his time is up. How can he fail to get a tune out of a squad of players that’s the best we’ve had in years? I also worry about the back room staff, is Derry too overbearing thinking he’s the manager and confusing the players, is FAZ just a yes man whose drifting towards retirement? What we don’t want is KR getting sacked and then another 123 pages on the forum about who the next manager will be driving us all mad.
Wouldn't say it was the best squad we have had for year's - it's the most toothless up front we have been for years. So frustrating that the forward situation wasn't addressed properly, people are clamouring for KR to be given the boot but whoever replaces him will still be stuck with the same problem - no cutting edge up front. Sorry state of affairs :(

Wouldn't say it was the best squad we have had for year's - it's the most toothless up front we have been for years. So frustrating that the forward situation wasn't addressed properly, people are clamouring for KR to be given the boot but whoever replaces him will still be stuck with the same problem - no cutting edge up front. Sorry state of affairs :(

Agree about striker situation but aside from that you must agree that we have some really exciting young players?

I think Obikas form pre-season has really back fired on us. If he hadn’t been banging in the goals KR may have looked at alternatives. It also makes me wonder when point of the U23 team is, surely they can’t do any worse than what we’ve got.

Agree about striker situation but aside from that you must agree that we have some really exciting young players?

I think Obikas form pre-season has really back fired on us. If he hadn’t been banging in the goals KR may have looked at alternatives. It also makes me wonder when point of the U23 team is, surely they can’t do any worse than what we’ve got.

the U23s not only kept a clean sheet, they also won 1-0 beating Swansea U23 in a 'home' match last night (played in Thame)
younger winger Rev James got the winner in the 10th minute

we do have some very exciting young assets, though some of them have been farmed out on loan, either till January or for the entire season

Back
Top Bottom