Robinson is not the man

Robinson is our manager, get over it, or go and follow some useless twats in Wiltshire.

well i guess with scunny being his first home game you might have expected them to be fired up and come out all guns blazing but then when you're dealing with some worn out used fireworks they will never get going know matter how hard you try.

IF KR doesn’t keep us up, I wonder if tiger will have the patience’s to give him another season in charge

The facts are Oxford were 10th and no where near a relagation battle under pep. Since pep left the club has been in free fall and is still falling and will more than likely end up in league 2. Sad for a club that had so much promise at the start of the season.

You can tell this guy is the same chap on twitter who has the handle along the lines of "what if Pep was the man". Also the amount of times he refers to us in the third person suggests that he isn't a real Oxford fan and is indeed someone bitter about Peps departure.

The facts are Oxford were 10th and no where near a relagation battle under pep. Since pep left the club has been in free fall and is still falling and will more than likely end up in league 2. Sad for a club that had so much promise at the start of the season.

Are you from Peps ridiculous PR company?

You give the impression you know more, or simply have an agenda. How can you judge after 2 games?

Didn’t faz and Allen pick the team etc for that one?

It was Robinson’s official first game against Pompey!

We were okay/good against Pompey, extremely poor first half against Scunthorpe and game should have been out of sight by half time, then got a dubious penalty to manage to get a draw, and were second best yesterday against an underperforming Shrewsbury yesterday who had lost to Rochdale a few days beforehand, again game should have been out of sight before we got our first.

We couldn’t even kick the ball 20 yards, cross the bloody ball, shoot etc. We’re playing f*****g kids who just haven’t got the muscle, strength, willingness, desire to fight and leave one of our better players (Ricardinho) on the bench in fear of triggering an extension clause in his contract. Believe me, going down would cost us a lot more than paying him off. In fact, I wouldn’t mind him as a back up left back next season. Put it this way, I’d rather have him than the little loanee who cannot even kick a ball play, especially in the situation we’re in. Look at the difference he made when he came on against Charlton.

For Christ sake, play our best team.

Since someone else posted experimental361... I thought I would too.

Negative number on this graph shows we were conceding more good chances than we were creating. Downward trend shows we were getting worse. Pep was lucky to be 10th and was taking us down, like everyone else he managed. He had to go.

Having seen us on Friday and yesterday, the defence isn't good enough (Ruffels aside). It's not coaching, it's ability. And we need a striker who can hold the ball up. KR can't do anything about that, he just needs to get the team fighting.

Attachments

• 2018-01-21-oxford.png
    2018-01-21-oxford.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 21
Yes, unfortunately poor KR is stuck with what he's got. This post is rediculous after 3 games - Karl is a really top coach & I would have him over Clotet (& one or two others) any day of the week. He has to either give Mousinho a really big kick up the a**e or drop him!

The parallels with 2013-14 are uncomfortably real.

The departure of CW and extended period of limbo while Lenagan negotiated the sale of the club to Eales.
The departure of Clotet and extended period of limbo while Eales negotiated the sale of the club to Tiger.

Unfortunately in both instances, having started the season well, we were left rudderless in terms of leadership and with a Caretaker manager who, albeit meant well, ultimately resided over the development of a losing mentality.

That's what is crucial here, and what KR needs to address where Waddock failed. Changing the spirit and momentum of a football club is much like changing the direction of an oil tanker. It'll take some time.

I foresee the process being painful and involving much upheaval - remember MAPP's first season wasn't all that great! A losing mentality in the dressing room is like rotting timbers; replacement or loving refurbishment. The fatalities of the 2013-14 squad were wholesale under MAPP, and remember that was a squad that CW had sitting at the top of the league not long before.

Ultimately I will remember Eales positively as a guy who mixed it amongst the fans and had the club's best interest at heart. Although he was relatively limited financially (above mid-table L1 level) he resided over what I see as one of best eras to be an Oxford United fan; the cup runs, the attacking football, the giant killings, the promotion, the huge transfers and the derby wins. However, if we manage to find ourselves relegated this season the blame will lie entirely at his feet. Two extremely poor management recruitment processes - Clotet followed by the complete lack of plan after his early dismissal.

Either way, the lesson we should all learn is how appreciative to be when the times are good because those (not too distant) times are over, for the time being at least. Let's give KR the benefit of the doubt and assume, given time, he'll be able to replicate those good times that MAPP was afforded the chance to develop.

The parallels with 2013-14 are uncomfortably real.

The departure of CW and extended period of limbo while Lenagan negotiated the sale of the club to Eales.
The departure of Clotet and extended period of limbo while Eales negotiated the sale of the club to Tiger.

Unfortunately in both instances, having started the season well, we were left rudderless in terms of leadership and with a Caretaker manager who, albeit meant well, ultimately resided over the development of a losing mentality.

That's what is crucial here, and what KR needs to address where Waddock failed. Changing the spirit and momentum of a football club is much like changing the direction of an oil tanker. It'll take some time.

I foresee the process being painful and involving much upheaval - remember MAPP's first season wasn't all that great! A losing mentality in the dressing room is like rotting timbers; replacement or loving refurbishment. The fatalities of the 2013-14 squad were wholesale under MAPP, and remember that was a squad that CW had sitting at the top of the league not long before.

Ultimately I will remember Eales positively as a guy who mixed it amongst the fans and had the club's best interest at heart. Although he was relatively limited financially (above mid-table L1 level) he resided over what I see as one of best eras to be an Oxford United fan; the cup runs, the attacking football, the giant killings, the promotion, the huge transfers and the derby wins. However, if we manage to find ourselves relegated this season the blame will lie entirely at his feet. Two extremely poor management recruitment processes - Clotet followed by the complete lack of plan after his early dismissal.

Either way, the lesson we should all learn is how appreciative to be when the times are good because those (not too distant) times are over, for the time being at least. Let's give KR the benefit of the doubt and assume, given time, he'll be able to replicate those good times that MAPP was afforded the chance to develop.
Good post this. The main hope for the next few months is that most importantly we stay up then because KR has more knowledge of our squad and been in charge for 10 games he can do in the summer what it took Mapp 6 -8 months to sort out. I also feel having more knowledge of this league will help plus I think there wii be a very competitive budget and transfer fund available.

IF KR doesn’t keep us up, I wonder if tiger will have the patience’s to give him another season in charge

Also depends on the contract KR has, it could be he that leaves of his own volition. He’s already said he’s not here to manage in L2.

I hope he succeeds as i think with a full pre-season and his own players/staff we could have a good go at it.

"More than likely end up in league 2"?

Get a grip man!!!

This is the Pep Clotet that lost 15 of 27 games in charge for us, right?

The one who presided over a record home defeat and defeats to 2 fourth division teams in the cups, 1 of which was so bad I left early from, and was home before the final whistle? The one who manged to conjure a loss against bottom of the table Bury to complete a league double over us - 20% of their total points this season obtained from us?
We will see who is right in a few weeks time. Outside the box. The information is there in the open. You just need to now how to find it. Or in many cases for oxford fans. Want to find it

As a bit of a neanderthal on the interwebnet thing, could you let me now (sic) 1. HOW TO FIND "IT" 2. WHAT I WANT TO FIND

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom