Karl Robinson - Is he right or wrong?

My observations. The fans want to hear from KR. KR Likes to talk and has his heart on his sleeve, we've seen this over and over. Same fans then take this as KR threatening the board, even though there is nothing else to suggest that there is any break down in the relationship (I guess it's good for a bit of drama). As for supporting the club or the manager being a binary choice, that's just silly. I supported Ian Greaves, Jim Smith, Dennis Smith, Chris Wilder, Michael Appleton and am behind KR 100%. As well as being a good young manager I love that his passion comes through and he adds some theatre to the game of football. At some point he will be gone. I'll wish him well and we'll all probably be moaning about the next Pep Clotet.

Is Karl right for us....well the way I see it, anyone who watches the final last week would know we should have won, once level there was realistically only one team in it but for 2 reasons and neither can be attributed to Karl
1 why did Henry not shoot when in on goal (my son blames him for us not going up)
2 why did Moore leave the ball and not just header it (I blame him for our failure to win) and yes was Easty to blame, their player was only just in the pen area so perhaps he could have stayed back and left it to the defenders
Those 2 mistakes possibly 3 were player errors

Is Karl right for us....well the way I see it, anyone who watches the final last week would know we should have won, once level there was realistically only one team in it but for 2 reasons and neither can be attributed to Karl
1 why did Henry not shoot when in on goal (my son blames him for us not going up)
2 why did Moore leave the ball and not just header it (I blame him for our failure to win) and yes was Easty to blame, their player was only just in the pen area so perhaps he could have stayed back and left it to the defenders
Those 2 mistakes possibly 3 were player errors
It all happened so quickly (and theres little to be gained going over old ground but Im gonna do it anyway!) but if Easty had just stood Onyedinma up and jockeyed him, he wouldve been at such a tight angle to shoot - he was travelling too fast to change direction and cut inside - and there was nobody else anywhere near to cross to. Hey ho.. I mustve run that whole scenario through in my head a million times in the last week.. ?

Did Moore get a call from Easty to leave the ball, not sure. Its all academic I guess, but in my view up to that incident Moore had had a really good game. All ifs and buts.
My view, for what its worth ,is that prior to the final, we have had a great roller coaster of a season with some fantastic highs, some really great entertainment and the total team and management including Chris Short, who I think has delivered a really fit squad, now deserves break to recharge ready for next season.
I sincerely hope that Karl is sensibly backed by the board and more importantly the fans so that (and I quote) "We go again" COYY

Did Moore get a call from Easty to leave the ball, not sure. Its all academic I guess, but in my view up to that incident Moore had had a really good game. All ifs and buts.
My view, for what its worth ,is that prior to the final, we have had a great roller coaster of a season with some fantastic highs, some really great entertainment and the total team and management including Chris Short, who I think has delivered a really fit squad, now deserves break to recharge ready for next season.
I sincerely hope that Karl is sensibly backed by the board and more importantly the fans so that (and I quote) "We go again" COYY

Moore got a shout to leave the ball but it was from a Wycombe sub, not Eastwood!!
We got out done but the best bunch of s**t houses in football. I’m over the defeat now and I’m actually proud our players and staff conduct themselves in a much professional way than Wycombe do.
With that being said, good luck to them in the championship, I have a feeling they might need it.

Do you support Oxford or Karl Robinson?

Supporting 'the club' is such an abstract thing though. What is the club? A badge? That changes. A stadium? That changes. Surely the name? Lol, nope. The kit colour? Again. Manager? Ditto. Players? Same. Staff? Yes. Owners? Frequently. The fanbase? It does. Mick Brown? Ok, you got me there.

As fans we're all supporting the club, but to do that you have to support the people who are currently there, because they're the ones that currently make up the club. Will it be the end of the world if they go? No, because no one's bigger than the club, but that's not to say we shouldn't support our manager in getting what he thinks his side needs next season.

Even if there was a disagreement between Karl and anyone related to the football club (which I don't think there is), then it would be with the board, and they might be here longer than KR, but they're not the football club. Karl wants the best for himself and for the team, which happens to coincide with what's best for the football club right now. We should support that at least.

Moore got a shout to leave the ball but it was from a Wycombe sub, not Eastwood!!
We got out done but the best bunch of s**t houses in football. I’m over the defeat now and I’m actually proud our players and staff conduct themselves in a much professional way than Wycombe do.
With that being said, good luck to them in the championship, I have a feeling they might need it.

Any evidence to back this claim up?

I suspect not.

I don't think Cadden leaving was the issue, more the lack of a replacement. The club knew he was likely going in November/December so had plenty of time to source a replacement. They failed to do that. Getting in a replacement could've been the difference between us having an awful Jan/early Feb and a decent one and, dare I say it, the difference between us being promoted via PPG and having to play in the play-offs.
The club did want to and tried to get in a replacement. The lad from Scotland who would have cost about £400k. A decent price for a league 1 full back.
Just wanting something and trying to make it happen doesn't always work out.

This 'supporting the manager' stuff.

I always support the manager - whoever it is and however good or bad they are, because a successful manager means a successful team on the pitch. What that does *not* mean is that the manager, any manager, is exempt from both praise AND criticism. Whether that's the teams they pick, the players they buy, the way they speak, their involvement with the fans etc. If we aren't allowed to comment on a manager's good points AND their failings then we have turned from football supporters into members of the North Korean communist party!

Being critical is not the same as being unsupportive.

The OP was the one making the claim, a claim that has absolutely no substance whatsoever.

If OP stands for opening Poster, then no such claim was made. Unless you have business here, do one John. Haven't you got plans to be making with your little inbetweener, drum banging oiks' for next season?
You may need to get something bigger than a mini metro now to fit all your fans in for away trips. :ROFLMAO: Also, you never know they might let you all sit in the dug out with the subs and that scruffy cnut of a manager of yours.
It might also be worth letting the clubs you visit know who you actually are, as they don't get to play many non league clubs punching above their weight. A parking space for the metro, and a bike space for the tandem should suffice.
Oh and don't get too upset when they laugh at you, you'll just have to get used to that.

Back
Top Bottom