Tickets Reading Away Tickets

So for those of us considering going in the home end, which section will be closest to the 3-sectioned OUFC fans?
1695991644453.png

We have the grey section. The red section is their fan group who aim "To add another focus to improve the atmosphere and get fully behind the team, by using both old and new Reading chants to make home games feel like the best away games'

View attachment 15922

We have the grey section. The red section is their fan group who aim "To add another focus to improve the atmosphere and get fully behind the team, by using both old and new Reading chants to make home games feel like the best away games'
G3, G4 and GU4 are all "locked" when looking at their ticketing website, so a few hundred more could possibly be made available.

G3, G4 and GU4 are all "locked" when looking at their ticketing website, so a few hundred more could possibly be made available.
I suspect that's to act as a buffer and to stop us rowdy lot throwing anything from the upper tier onto their plastic heads below.

Depends how it's divided up behind the stand as well. G3 and G4 are probably part of a separate concourse. I think that's all we're getting.

View attachment 15922

I hope they do end up making it feel like an away game for them, they have one of the worst away records in the country over the last season and a bit.

It's over three decades since I've nonchalantly walked up to a home ticket window, pretending not to be an away fan (coincidentally also at Reading).

What's it like these days, do they check you out at all? Or just take your money?

It's over three decades since I've nonchalantly walked up to a home ticket window, pretending not to be an away fan (coincidentally also at Reading).

What's it like these days, do they check you out at all? Or just take your money?
They'll probably make it database only given that we have sold out.
Might be worth making a ticketing account on their site.

Is watching an away game in the home end actually enjoyable?

Never done it myself but I doubt being undercover is that fun!

I've done it at Swindon 😮

But seriously, I'd rather see a game than not, I get so few chances. If this gets rearranged for midweek, I might be able to go.

I watched us win 1-0 at Watford years ago (Mickey Lewis scored) in with the home crowd. It was fine until we scored. Absolutely no chance of keeping quiet, and considering Dad and I were sat in with the Watford squad friends and family (Brother was playing for the Watford youth team at the time and got us tickets) it did get quite awkward...

The Swindon match was the one where Steve McMahon give Bobby Ford such a forceful "hello" foul that he never got back into the game. That moment was a bit tricky.

Fortunately both teams were so crap that me and my Swindon supporting mate just laughed at everything, which worked for most situations.

If the new possible date is midweek it will probably be on ifollow for a tenner, far better than listening to Jerome Sale drivel on RadOx.

I've watched a home game vs Carlisle from the Cuckoo Lane if that is any help and it was very enjoyable as we hammered them so I could take the mickey out of my mate.

It’s only Reading, hardly a long way to go on Tuesday night

It depends where you travel from, not all OUFC fans live in the ‘shire. For example, I could easily get a train to / from Reading on a Saturday (assuming that there is no strike), but I’ve no chance of getting a train home from a midweek game.
Many others will have the same restrictions

Quite a few did Chelsea away when the terraces were closed and away fans were banned.
Many also snuck in to see us win at Luton away ( and they definitely had fun!)

It depends where you travel from, not all OUFC fans live in the ‘shire. For example, I could easily get a train to / from Reading on a Saturday (assuming that there is no strike), but I’ve no chance of getting a train home from a midweek game.
Many others will have the same restrictions

Most do though so for the majority it will be the easiest game to get to. Its my closest game and I live in Hampshire.

Back
Top Bottom