Dot Counting Reading - Heading for a Sellout

Attendance tracking

Thecurraghofkildare

Chief Dot Counter
Quick dot count update at 10pm on Tuesday and there are only 948 home seats left for Saturday’s early kick off against Reading.

89 in East Stand
140 in North Stand
284 in South Stand Upper
435 in South Stand Lower

With a bit of momentum following tonight’s late equaliser, hopefully some decent players signing tomorrow and a marketing push from the club, this match should surely sell out.

There are another 190 seats which could be made available (in the front rows of the North Stand and South Stand Lower) and hopefully the club takes an early decision to put these up for sale - they waited until the afternoon of match day for the evening game vs Derby on 29th December and they didn’t all sell out as a result of the late announcement.

Last edited:
impressive with a ridiculous ( yep Im looking at YOU TVP) kick off time- sadly my grandaughters cant make it - a 3pm KO they could have
Yep - all because a few lads decided to jump around the pavement throwing traffic cones at one another.

The Reading Chronological gives an unexpected boost to the the total attendance....

"More than 2,000 Royals fans are making the trip, with the away end selling out inside 48 hours"

I didn't notice the new stand at the Fence End, are they using a Double Deckers and Cherry Pickers for the game?

908 seats left at 7.30pm on Wednesday, so only down 40 on last night but that doesn’t tell the whole tale as 54 additional seats were made available today in the front rows of Blocks 1, 8 and 17 bringing total home seat capacity up to 9,608. Additionally 4 rows (60 seats) which were shown as sold in the middle of Block 8 became available so that means sales so far today of just over 150.

Total home seat sales are 8,700 - add in 200 for the boxes and 1,500 from Reading and overall sales are at an estimated 10,400.

Would have expected slightly higher sales today so it will need some marketing/promotion from the club over the next couple of days to get the sold out notices up - been quiet so far apart from the Green promotion.

Any statto's out there know what the record attendances v plastic biscuits are?

908 seats left at 7.30pm on Wednesday, so only down 40 on last night but that doesn’t tell the whole tale as 54 additional seats were made available today in the front rows of Blocks 1, 8 and 17 bringing total home seat capacity up to 9,608. Additionally 4 rows (60 seats) which were shown as sold in the middle of Block 8 became available so that means sales so far today of just over 150.

Total home seat sales are 8,700 - add in 200 for the boxes and 1,500 from Reading and overall sales are at an estimated 10,400.

Would have expected slightly higher sales today so it will need some marketing/promotion from the club over the next couple of days to get the sold out notices up - been quiet so far apart from the Green promotion.

Signing some players may well help with sales.

855 home seats left at midnight on Wednesday so about 200 sales in total today.

Think East Stand will sell out on Thursday (61 seats left and stand selling the fastest).

855 home seats left at midnight on Wednesday so about 200 sales in total today.

Think East Stand will sell out on Thursday (61 seats left and stand selling the fastest).
I had exactly 125 net sales, for the previous 24 hours, at midnight, but as you said previously it doesn't tell the whole story with some of the previously "sold" seats being added back in.

I had us at 8,760 GA sales. Boxes should all be sold for this one, so 290 to add, plus the 1,490 away fans and we were at 10,540 at midnight. Today and tomorrow will be where any sell out comes from, as I don't think we can sell tickets on the day as it's all ticket.

The record home crowd for a match against Reading is 11,704 on 07/10/1967. A 2-0 win with goals from Jones and Skeen.

Something I find a bit strange is that we allow single seats to be left in the family stand despite the rule that you have to have a child with you to buy a ticket. You'd think Ticketmaster would be clever enough to not let this happen. There are 40 single dots left in Blocks 22 and 23, several of which are the only seat left in an entire row. If we do sell these then that will likely mean families will be split up or (more likely) will sit in someone else's seat, which can often cause friction.

Could it be that tickets becoming available again is due to the club canceling suspected Reading supporters in the home end work mate said he had heard we had cancelled 130 tickets. Is this showing up in the dot counting.

Surely we will sell this out?
It looks like the North Stand and East Stand are just about sold out, but plenty of seats in the SSL

Still 772 seats left at 5.30pm so only 83 net sales so far today (seats were made available in Block 12 but didn’t see how many were released).

Disappointingly slow rate of sales so far today and I suspect we won’t now sell out the South Stand, although maybe a last minute marketing/promotional push could get us there.

Back
Top Bottom