Ranger- Yes or No ?

Sign Nile Ranger?

• Yes

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 132 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And again, I'd ask why? He is not and has never been a prolific scorer - and would presumably be keeping someone like Mackie (who is getting fitter and has done OK recently although he isn't really a goalscorer either) out of the team.
Because even though he might not be prolific he is a decent target man, we have Mackie who is just getting match fit and still fades after 70 mins, it gives us another option up top.

I might be a bit less against it if the PFA weren't so powerful and if there weren't strict rules on contracts.

Well I think that is reasonably conclusive so far............................. :D

For the record I voted yes. A younger, nastier version of Mackie will cause any opposition defence a problem. Last chance saloon (ranger). We need options.
The only thing that Mackie and Ranger have in common is a pretty dismal career goal return of roughly 1 goal per 6.2 games. Mackie's current return for us is 1 in 11.
And is there any evidence that Ranger plays "nasty" on the pitch? He seems to reserve that for the other 22.5 hours of his day.

Dragging this thread back on track;

I've never seen Games of Thrones either.

A No for Ranger, Is there an option to vote for Gabby Agbonlahor, who I would prefer, still a free agent, probably more expensive but a chance for him to play after leaving Villa in the summer.
Agbonglahor hasn't looked after himself, he went to Marrakech for a charity and looked to be 16 stone. Plus everything OUFC1991 said was true

He’ll be lucky to get a game for Bromsgrove United

in about 2021

Short term deal til January would be my preference assuming he has kept his nose clean and is fit enough to play.

Everyone deserves a chance in my book, even if they have played for that lot down the A420. Granted he has already had several 'second' chances but if he is rehabilitated and will improve the team, then why not.

Thing is career criminals usually stick to what they know and I would imagine there aren't too many armed robber / fraudster / alleged rapists out there so there must be a more deep seated reason for his past behaviour / offending. Who knows he may have sorted that out by making better lifestyle choices / counselling etc.

Back
Top Bottom