Ranger- Yes or No ?

Sign Nile Ranger?

• Yes

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 132 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Christ, If we take him on it shows how low Robinson will sink.
Get rid of both of them.

Short term deal til January would be my preference assuming he has kept his nose clean and is fit enough to play.

Everyone deserves a chance in my book, even if they have played for that lot down the A420. Granted he has already had several 'second' chances but if he is rehabilitated and will improve the team, then why not.

Thing is career criminals usually stick to what they know and I would imagine there aren't too many armed robber / fraudster / alleged rapists out there so there must be a more deep seated reason for his past behaviour / offending. Who knows he may have sorted that out by making better lifestyle choices / counselling etc.
There are some mistakes/life choices we make that can’t just be brushed aside with counselling though. They show a real worrying character flaw.

I’m obviously talking about his decision to sign for Swindon...

Oxford Mail has an online poll with totally different answers to our poll!

Apparently Ribbon does not read Social Media, so doesn't know the concensous.

Ooh, it's become a Rangerendum. Excellent. One side can stick "20 goals a season - guaranteed" on the side of the number 5 bus, the other leaflet everyone that our children will all end up robbing old ladies to fund nights out at the bridge. Mous sits there muttering to himself that it's more complicated than that. In two years there'll be something involving Gavin Whyte and the Irish border.

I suppose its different to the forums poll due to the fact anyone can vote on it... IE a load of Scummers could just pop on there and vote yes...

Quite. Plus there are few posters on here who openly support rival teams, highly likely that they would vote yes to help create more division in the fan base.

I don't know of his ability but if the poll was about 'do we give him another chance?' purely based on the fact he's fked up on multiple occasions I'd have said yes.

If the manager can see some ability in him, and the decision isn't just because he's desperate to sign anyone, then I'd support him taking Ranger on with a pay as you play contract.

I think the minute he's offered some sort of permanent contract he may rest on his laurels and go back to his old ways.

With a game by game option he could prove himself and perhaps appreciate the opportunity he's been given.

I don't know of his ability but if the poll was about 'do we give him another chance?' purely based on the fact he's fked up on multiple occasions I'd have said yes.

If the manager can see some ability in him, and the decision isn't just because he's desperate to sign anyone, then I'd support him taking Ranger on with a pay as you play contract.

I think the minute he's offered some sort of permanent contract he may rest on his laurels and go back to his old ways.

With a game by game option he could prove himself and perhaps appreciate the opportunity he's been given.
I’d like to know why you, or anyone, would think he’s going to respond positively to any opportunity he’s given here. What’s changed? Why is KR the man to turn him around?

It’s going to happen.

Slowly trying to introduce the idea in the media, but he will sign on a short term deal.

I’d rather we didn’t but just get on with it if its going to happen anyway!

It’s a big gamble, but forward wise that’s the position we are in after a poor summer transfer window. Agree if it’s going to happen just get on with it.

I’d like to know why you, or anyone, would think he’s going to respond positively to any opportunity he’s given here. What’s changed? Why is KR the man to turn him around?

Look, all I'm saying is KR sees him in training, you or I don't. KR is the manager of the team (albeit not yet proven at recruitment to put it politely) - if he thinks there's something there that can improve the team then I say give him that opportunity.

If it doesn't work out, sack him and move on - the beauty of a game by game contract.

I think its pretty obvious now hes going to be signing. For various reasons, most notably the collaborative failure of Robbo and Tigervto land any of our targets.

So i think we should stop the charade, bite the bullet, get it done, take the flak, and get him contributing something.

I think its pretty obvious now hes going to be signing. For various reasons, most notably the collaborative failure of Robbo and Tigervto land any of our targets.

So i think we should stop the charade, bite the bullet, get it done, take the flak, and get him contributing something.
That shop sailed 2 months ago at the end of transfer window. Change your tune.

I'm sorry, but I just do not believe the credibility of that Oxford Mail poll.

When I looked an hour or two ago there were just over 600 votes cast, which I found to be rather a lot, but when I looked a moment ago there were 1,297 votes cast. So are we to believe that nearly 700 people voted in under two hours, when many Oxford Mail stories attract less than ten comments (sometimes no comments!)?

There is something very very odd about that poll in my opinion!

We are only six weeks away from the window re-opening, can we not just wait until then?? That's just 8 league games, incl Jan 1st, to "survive" with Mackie, Smith, various AMs, and 2/3 young guns - how much is he (anyone?) likely to contribute in that time??

Back
Top Bottom