Ranger- Yes or No ?

Sign Nile Ranger?

• Yes

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 132 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gabby agbonlahor would never play in lg1 he said so in an interview for sky sports would also only play for rangers or Celtic in spl as he doesn't see the point of the rest of the lg and wouldn't want to play in champ because villa play in that lg

If he’s gone public and said that, why would he train and play for a division club, albeit in a friendly? Strange one.

No, ta.

Over celebrated as a player and disruptive as an individual.

The cons outweigh the pros with him.

Not voted yet, what if there was an other option of sign Nile Ranger to keep us up?
That's not to say he could keep us up, but what would peoples view then be? I guess most would be belligerent in their view and not think of where we might end up..
Well I suppose the answer to that would be that even if we signed him AND he behaved himself AND he played as well as he ever has over his career then at his historic scoring rate (26 goals in 160 games) then he would score 5 goals in the rest of the season if he signed right now. Make that 6 if you take his record when playing for Southend (most recent and in the same division, 9 goals in 43 games). So signing him would not be likely to be hugely effective IMO, even if you discount everything else. And of course the option of 'if we sign him we will be certain to stay up' is not one available to the club (as it is at best pure conjecture and at worst just wishful thinking) and they have to make a decision based on the factors that have been discussed to death on here already.

agbonlahors interview with sky sports ...............

News
News

By PA Sport
Last Updated: 18/10/18 3:42pm

Gabby Agbonlahor left Aston Villa in the summer
Gabby Agbonlahor says he offered to play for Aston Villa for free and insists he is not ready to retire.
The former England forward and Villa's record Premier League goalscorer was ready to help the club in its hour of need before a summer takeover.
He left the club in the summer, 14 years after his debut, having made 391 appearances and scoring 86 goals - 75 times in the top flight.
Villa's failure to return to the Premier League following a 1-0 Sky Bet Championship play-off final defeat to Fulham in May left them struggling financially under former owner Tony Xia.
Before Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens bought a 55 per cent stake in the club in July, Agbonlahor - who had already turned down approaches from the Championship and SPL - offered to play for nothing.
"I was aware a couple of strikers had what seemed to be long-term injuries and everyone knew the club had financial
difficulties, so I asked my agent to speak with Steve Bruce and make the offer I would play for free," he said.
"There were no strings attached, I didn't want paying, no appearance money, nothing, it was a genuine offer to help the club I love.
Agbonlahor made six appearances for Villa last season
"The manager had been good for me when he arrived. I had been in a bad place before he was appointed and he gave me the opportunity to get back involved.
"He was appreciative of my offer but no one was aware the club was in the final stages of being sold to sort the financial problems."
Since his offer, Agbonlahor, who won three England caps, has declined further interest from the Scottish top flight and English second tier, while there have been approaches from abroad.
But despite remaining a free agent the 32-year-old, who has spent time working on his fashion label Six Figures Official, does not want to hang up his boots.
"It's been a difficult decision. Having been at Villa all my career, I did not want to play for another Championship club," said Agbonlahor, who struggled for game-time in his last two seasons at Villa.
"I appreciate the offers, it just didn't feel right. As for the SPL, unless it's one of the big couple of clubs, to be honest, that doesn't excite me.
"There has been interest from the Middle East, Turkey and Thailand and that new challenge, lifestyle and opportunity interests me but I have a young family and I'm very conscious of the impact playing abroad would have.

0:42

Smith aiming for Villa promotion
New Aston Villa boss Dean Smith insists the club can still achieve promotion to the Premier League this season.
New Aston Villa boss Dean Smith insists the club can still achieve promotion to the Premier League this season
"I don't need to chase a deal and will only sign for a club that genuinely excites me. I have no interest playing below Championship level so abroad realistically is the likely destination if I decide to make that decision.
"I am fortunate I've had the same agent, Tim Webb, all of my career and he has been great looking after all of my finances and investments, so financially there is no need to accept anything that doesn't really work for me and my family.
"I don't want to retire yet. I admit I have made some mistakes, I do have some regrets but that's life, who hasn't

Gobbo Robbo. Derry the Disruptor. Carruthers the Urinator. Dirty Tone McMahon.

Welcome aboard Nile ol' son!
Are they all characters from Game Of Thrones? I admit to being the only person on the planet who’s never watched it..

May be a tad controversial here but I would give him a contract till the end of thw season with clauses of cause like a pay when u play deal just till the end of the season and if and yes it's a big if he fits in and settles and fires for us then why not extend that. It's like Luke McCormick when he came here,fans were up in arms but he got backed. Maybe just maybe Nile ranger could just be that goalscorer we need. I look forward to the abuse lol

Not voted yet, what if there was an other option of sign Nile Ranger to keep us up?
That's not to say he could keep us up, but what would peoples view then be? I guess most would be belligerent in their view and not think of where we might end up..
Why would you have an option that can't be delivered? Now, if you'd wrote that on the side of a bus first...

Errr .... not THAT exclusive. Never seen an episode. Don't know the name of a single character or actor. No idea what the story's about (if there is one). People we know who are adherents are also Star Wars nutters, I mean REAL nutters who dress up and buy all the merchandise.

Another here who has never seen an episode.

This exclusive club is getting bigger and bigger.:)

Never seen it either. Likewise never watched Bake Off or Come Dancing. Regarding Ranger his record just does not convince me that he would be the answer.

Back
Top Bottom