Nile Ranger

I am pleased we are not signing Ranger. Good decision by the board. We clearly are going to limp on wifh Mackie - who no doubt is being wrapped up in cotton wool - until the window opens. Don’t want to be cruel but don’t want to see Smith in a yellow shirt again .

If Mackie is crocked I predict we will either play with a false 9 or even play one of our centre backs up front for a few games.

Thought we played with refreshing freedom yesterday but not many teams will allow as much space as Rochdale.

Predict we will do Peterborough as well - because their style suits us.

COYY.

I am pleased we are not signing Ranger. Good decision by the board. We clearly are going to limp on wifh Mackie - who no doubt is being wrapped up in cotton wool - until the window opens. Don’t want to be cruel but don’t want to see Smith in a yellow shirt again .

If Mackie is crocked I predict we will either play with a false 9 or even play one of our centre backs up front for a few games

Thought we played with refreshing freedom yesterday but not many teams will allow as much space as Rochdale.

Predict we will do Peterborough as well - because their style suits us.

COYY.

Bradbury & even Nelson is more effective up front than Smith,

Mackie is pretty decent at our level. He holds the ball up well and brings other players into the game and has chipped in with goals recently.
So as a front 3 Mackie, Browne and Whyte/ Holmes are pretty decent (and Henry can play up there,)
We are screwed a little if Mackie is injured or suspended though.
Agree that it seems too early for Smith so we desperately need another striker in the New Year.

I will say this quietly, but I thought Mackie looked match fit last night and as a consequence, maintained a threat all through the game.

As per the OXVOX meeting last week, the Board were making the decision on NR, not Karl. Shame that Karl - despite my reservations about him currently - isn't getting any of the free agents he has asked for.

This is true. However, Robinson only has himself to blame on all that. He should also keep his mouth shut to the press when talking about the impact those players could have on the team subsequently resulting in the board deciding he should work with what he’s got.

We also have 3 very talented youngsters who IMO are all better and worthy of a spit in and around the first team in Spasov, James and Bradbury. Along with those mentioned, we have more than enough to get to January and beyond if needs be.

This is true. However, Robinson only has himself to blame on all that. He should also keep his mouth shut to the press when talking about the impact those players could have on the team subsequently resulting in the board deciding he should work with what he’s got.

We also have 3 very talented youngsters who IMO are all better and worthy of a spit in and around the first team in Spasov, James and Bradbury. Along with those mentioned, we have more than enough to get to January and beyond if needs be.
Up to January yes. Beyond that no. We need someone in to replace Smith who is sure to go back.

Mackie looks sharper , was in the faces of the Rochdale defenders and chipped in with a goal. Much improved as he said he would with fitness .

Mackie looks sharper , was in the faces of the Rochdale defenders and chipped in with a goal. Much improved as he said he would with fitness .
Agree 100% with this and although not that tall does enough with to make sure we win a decent number of long balls plus pisses defenders off which usually means they are prone to errors.

I thought Mackie was brilliant last night. He was a nuisance for their centre backs for 90 minutes, got himself a good poacher's goal (and could have had another if Browne had squared it to him in the second half), held the ball up well, and won some really decent flick ons. Plus he brings some shithousery to the team that's been missing since Maguire left. Long may it continue!

I thought Mackie was brilliant last night. He was a nuisance for their centre backs for 90 minutes, got himself a good poacher's goal (and could have had another if Browne had squared it to him in the second half), held the ball up well, and won some really decent flick ons. Plus he brings some shithousery to the team that's been missing since Maguire left. Long may it continue!

A comparison my 16 year-old daughter made. Go girl!

Having said that, he runs around a hell of a lot more than CM did.

Back
Top Bottom