Chairman Rad ox 5 min ff with oufc owner

Hopefully someone at the club...

Hopefully, indeed! If the schedule was published we could help with reminders (a bit like Bazzer does with signing a 20 goal a season striker). Another useful service provided by the forum at no cost to the club.

So, how come TS described the costs involved as a surprise?

How come TS had not made provision for the cost of ending arbitration?

The point being, regardless of how you view "due diligence", TS should have been (and probably was) fully aware of the payment necessary to end arbitration.

Why did he not make that payment punctually and at the time of ending arbitration? Why has he failed to make payment to HMRC punctually?

Incompetence?

When DE went to arbitration they had no idea they would lose, a bit hard to pick up on due diligence how an ongoing case is going to pan out.
Did we lose...or did Tiger just decide to settle and move on to try and help the relationship? I thought the latter...This will be a debt/loan on the club though, no one will be covering this with there own money....

So, how come TS described the costs involved as a surprise?

How come TS had not made provision for the cost of ending arbitration?

The point being, regardless of how you view "due diligence", TS should have been (and probably was) fully aware of the payment necessary to end arbitration.

Why did he not make that payment punctually and at the time of ending arbitration? Why has he failed to make payment to HMRC punctually?
I have no idea, I suppose Tiger could of guessed we going to come out of the arbitration owing money, everything you say points to a certain cost to the club at the end of arbitration, what if it came out in our favour?

Could Tiger factor in the legal costs of both parties if arbitration went the wrong way or was ended.

There are hundreds of posts about non payments and being paid on time, if you haven't worked it out from them why keep asking.

Did we lose...or did Tiger just decide to settle and move on to try and help the relationship? I thought the latter...This will be a debt/loan on the club though, no one will be covering this with there own money....
Presumably the arbitration was not going to plan, the club had to bail out to stop incurring more costs, your point where those costs will be allocated is a worrying one, what will be the debt level of the club when an owner leaves.

Presumably the arbitration was not going to plan, the club had to bail out to stop incurring more costs, your point where those costs will be allocated is a worrying one, what will be the debt level of the club when an owner leaves.
Id expect most of the costs to be some form of loan, it will then be whether they write them off or sell them on depending on the position at the time...I'd be astonished if the monies being put in are gifted to us...and given the level of grief he gets I'd be even more astonished if he did gift them.

TS has covered all debts this year whilst revenue has gone down...and most fans on here think its not enough or bullshit or doesn't count if its a legacy cost...harsh I feel.

I have no idea, I suppose Tiger could of guessed we going to come out of the arbitration owing money, everything you say points to a certain cost to the club at the end of arbitration, what if it came out in our favour?

Could Tiger factor in the legal costs of both parties if arbitration went the wrong way or was ended.

There are hundreds of posts about non payments and being paid on time, if you haven't worked it out from them why keep asking.

It was a remote chance that anything went in favour of the club. As we all know, FK is a very successful in his manipulation of business dealings. He would have made sure that the "service agreement" was water tight in his favour. That time was called on the arbitration gives an indication of what the chances were of success. The cost was there, to be seen, all along.

With appropriate financial advice, yes.

My point here would be that several posters appear bent on accepting that it is all ok for payments to be late, it is to them that I pose the question.

Perhaps some on here could learn to debate matters and not regard everything as a personal assault?

It was a remote chance that anything went in favour of the club. As we all know, FK is a very successful in his manipulation of business dealings. He would have made sure that the "service agreement" was water tight in his favour. That time was called on the arbitration gives an indication of what the chances were of success. The cost was there, to be seen, all along.

My point here would be that several posters appear bent on accepting that it is all ok for payments to be late, it is to them that I pose the question.

Perhaps some on here could learn to debate matters and not regard everything as a personal assault?
Personally I have no issue with the payments taking place at the last possible moment and how they manage their money, as it is their money....Id have more concern if they didn't pay them at all...our football club is a cash bleeder that relies on an individual supporting this...late payment better than no payment.

Id expect most of the costs to be some form of loan, it will then be whether they write them off or sell them on depending on the position at the time...I'd be astonished if the monies being put in are gifted to us...and given the level of grief he gets I'd be even more astonished if he did gift them.

TS has covered all debts this year whilst revenue has gone down...and most fans on here think its not enough or bullshit or doesn't count if its a legacy cost...harsh I feel.

This may sound harsh but, your view point is a little naive.

TS has bought the club. He has bought everything that comes with the club. He runs the club. He is responsible, through his holding company. for all the debts of the club. He, if he did conduct a proper due diligence, will be aware of 99% of all financial issues. His financial advisers should be keeping him up to date with all issues.
I don't think it harsh that we question his methods. His negligence could cost us our club.

Eales, very cleverly, arranged to walk away debt free and still have a future income derived from the sale of players and a number of shares which will have some monetary value.

As to TS covering all debts this year, has he?

Personally I have no issue with the payments taking place at the last possible moment and how they manage their money, as it is their money....Id have more concern if they didn't pay them at all...our football club is a cash bleeder that relies on an individual supporting this...late payment better than no payment.
Oh absolutely. Payment better than no payment every time but, and this is the issue, it shows some incredibly inept financial management to trigger a winding up petition. And, not just once but at least twice in a very short space of time.
Anybody buying a football club is going to need very, very deep pockets. If TS wasn't conscious of that when he made Eales a happy man then he's a fool. And a fool, in my book, has no place owning or running a football club.

This may sound harsh but, your view point is a little naive.

TS has bought the club. He has bought everything that comes with the club. He runs the club. He is responsible, through his holding company. for all the debts of the club. He, if he did conduct a proper due diligence, will be aware of 99% of all financial issues. His financial advisers should be keeping him up to date with all issues.
I don't think it harsh that we question his methods. His negligence could cost us our club.

Eales, very cleverly, arranged to walk away debt free and still have a future income derived from the sale of players and a number of shares which will have some monetary value.

As to TS covering all debts this year, has he?

You are obviously a different type of person than myself and the way you view the situation...I am certainly not naïve.
I don't come on here very often because I find the forum just negative and depressing and true to form it is this morning.

Anyway...

You are right TS has bought the club and everything that goes with it, etc etc...don't disagree....He has struck the deal with DE that he will have to manage and cover any consequences, but he has the right to run it his way and if some fans disagree with that way then fine, but there is no need for insults, cheap slurs childish remarks and abuse to be thrown his way by a large number of people who post on this forum and social media...that is what I find far more offensive than a late payment.

Unless you know different he is paying the bills, wages, settlements ,tax, facilities, rent...so should be respected for this.
I can't believe he pulls out of arbitration by agreeing a settlement pays part of this settlement for services long gone...and he gets grief for it...Our logic is wrong?

Tiger could deliver our dreams , we don't know and the jury's out, but I do feel he should he should be treated with a certain amount of respect and not ridicule.

You are obviously a different type of person than myself and the way you view the situation...I am certainly not naïve.
I don't come on here very often because I find the forum just negative and depressing and true to form it is this morning.

Anyway...

You are right TS has bought the club and everything that goes with it, etc etc...don't disagree....He has struck the deal with DE that he will have to manage and cover any consequences, but he has the right to run it his way and if some fans disagree with that way then fine, but there is no need for insults, cheap slurs childish remarks and abuse to be thrown his way by a large number of people who post on this forum and social media...that is what I find far more offensive than a late payment.

Unless you know different he is paying the bills, wages, settlements ,tax, facilities, rent...so should be respected for this.
I can't believe he pulls out of arbitration by agreeing a settlement pays part of this settlement for services long gone...and he gets grief for it...Our logic is wrong?

Tiger could deliver our dreams , we don't know and the jury's out, but I do feel he should he should be treated with a certain amount of respect and not ridicule.

fair comment @witney50 .... I believe respect is earned, and its a two way thing. Not answering direct questions asked repeatedly by the fans trust, OxVox, isnt all that respectful.... nor is turning up for meetings late respectful either.

Oh absolutely. Payment better than no payment every time but, and this is the issue, it shows some incredibly inept financial management to trigger a winding up petition. And, not just once but at least twice in a very short space of time.
Anybody buying a football club is going to need very, very deep pockets. If TS wasn't conscious of that when he made Eales a happy man then he's a fool. And a fool, in my book, has no place owning or running a football club.
Why make do you add the insult on the end?
I don't undetstand the need to?

With regard to the debt when the owner leaves it is almost irrelevant in some ways.
The club is loss making and can never repay any debt other than through large player transfers.
So Tiger either gets a new owner to cough up (and why would they- depending on the level of debt) or does an Eales if we start selling Brannagan Whyte etc.

Anyway...

Absolutely correct.
He and his team may have taken a few wrong turns , but I am not aware that he has ( timings apart) defaulted on any contractual commitments.
He and the board continue to fund the club at every level.

fair comment @witney50 .... I believe respect is earned, and its a two way thing. Not answering direct questions asked repeatedly by the fans trust, OxVox, isnt all that respectful.... nor is turning up for meetings late respectful either.
Perhaps he cant answer or hasn't got the answers at the moment, perhaps the answer is not what we want to here...
Sometimes we need to accept that we cant know everything...If I am disappointed in anyone its the UK based team that are in management positions, we have a communications and commercial team in place who should take care of the day to day communication with fans and try and fill the ground, why have we ony promoted one league game this year with any vigour....

For me Tigers vision was clear..

He wants a sustainable club by investing youth
He wants to higher the profile and brand
He wants to take the club to the championship and will provide a budget for this
He wants to sort the ground situation out either by improved relations or moving

I don't expect to see line by line plans or weekly communications of how this will be achieved, I will though play my part and go and positively support the team every Saturday home and away.

Can this be achieved in 12 months ... of course not.

That’s your opinion, I wonder how close or not it is to the truth.

Back
Top Bottom