Chairman Rad ox 5 min ff with oufc owner

stand in rad ox drive time presenter said future 5 min ff would have the owner, the financial director (!), and team captain among others ...didnt specify when each of those mentioned was sheduled though

So the answer to the Ultras question was ‘The club made mistakes and is reflecting on that..’ How many times can the club admit to making mistakes before the accusation of rank incompetence from top to bottom is legitimately asked?!

And while I’m whinging, in a 5 MINUTE question session where the questions are limited to 4 or 5, why the effing heck did Jerome think that ‘Chinese or Curry?’ Was worth asking??
Are you sure that they received more questions than five?

Did you put one forward that was overlooked?

Did you want to know if he preferred Chinese or curry then?
Not particularly.

But I wouldn’t take to a forum to complain about it if I hadn’t asked a better question.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a perfectly reasonable five minute fan’s forum.

He admitted they could have done more with regard to the ultras, he stuck to a narrative which was broadly positive (which is important for the image of the club) and the answer to the first question about administration was fair enough for this kind of thing. It’ll only have been an own goal if he doesn’t follow up on his promise to reveal how much exactly the owners have put into the club this season - as Jerome said: “I’ll hold you to that”. I hope he does.

Anyone moaning about the lighthearted last question... have a word with yourself. A little levity is no bad thing and it was clearly thrown in as a 5 second closer.

No problem with people having concerns or annoyances with the current set-up but this was decent and the five minutes each week are a good PR move by the club.

That was a perfectly reasonable five minute fan’s forum.

He admitted they could have done more with regard to the ultras, he stuck to a narrative which was broadly positive (which is important for the image of the club) and the answer to the first question about administration was fair enough for this kind of thing. It’ll only have been an own goal if he doesn’t follow up on his promise to reveal how much exactly the owners have put into the club this season - as Jerome said: “I’ll hold you to that”. I hope he does.

Anyone moaning about the lighthearted last question... have a word with yourself. A little levity is no bad thing and it was clearly thrown in as a 5 second closer.

No problem with people having concerns or annoyances with the current set-up but this was decent and the five minutes each week are a good PR move by the club.
Fair comments from you and OxfordYankee I suppose. I guess I’m griping because each week I listen and at the end wonder what have we actually learnt from it other than they’ll promise to learn from the mistakes they continue to make. The treatment of the ultras stung me a bit because I think they provided something essential to the match day. But I agree in as much as fair play to Tiger, Karl and NM for fronting up and coming on the radio to answer questions, it is a good piece of PR. We’re never going to learn much in 5 mins which is the reason I don’t bother to send a question in I suppose, we’re never going to get an answer in that short space of time to the real pressing questions, and I suppose, nor should we expect to. We’ll probably find out what Karl’s favourite cheese is next week ?

Last edited:
My take on the 5 minutes, an apology for how the incident with the Ultras was handled - good. Financial mistakes made - good, in so far as they have been acknowledged. Curry and/or Chinese - banal and unnecessary.
Otherwise, a repetition of training ground, U23s, U18s academy etc etc.
No update on the search for land on which to build a new stadium (if that is still a plan?) No follow up on plans for next seasons' ticket pricing, marketing etc. - the latter as mentioned by ST in his last 5 minutes - poor journalism in my book.

Five minutes is never going to be comprehensive but, it could at least focus on a few in depth questions and a push for real concrete answers. As usual though, nobody wants to upset anybody.
Yes, it's good that we get 5 minutes but, for the amount of information that gets released from the club on the whole, you would think that a little more aggressive questioning would be the order of the day.

Still too much 'we've learnt' but when there have been so many mistakes I guess that is all they can say.

They are growing on me, and it is an improvement so I guess I should be grateful. Still wouldn't mind maybe a 1 hour slot once a month, chance for the club to promote the upcoming initiatives and the chance to go in to more detail on a few things.

I just cannot wait until all the 'lessons learned' are put in to practice; I include KRs comments in the Oxford Mail this week about the next batch of transfers once the season closes with that. Looks like next season should be a cracker!

Still too much 'we've learnt' but when there have been so many mistakes I guess that is all they can say.

They are growing on me, and it is an improvement so I guess I should be grateful. Still wouldn't mind maybe a 1 hour slot once a month, chance for the club to promote the upcoming initiatives and the chance to go in to more detail on a few things.

I just cannot wait until all the 'lessons learned' are put in to practice; I include KRs comments in the Oxford Mail this week about the next batch of transfers once the season closes with that. Looks like next season should be a cracker!
lets hope so :)

Yes, it's good that we get 5 minutes but, for the amount of information that gets released from the club on the whole, you would think that a little more aggressive questioning would be the order of the day.
I think we'd all like better questioning than their choice of takeaway, but, and I know I'm becoming boring, they can only ask what we the supporters ask them to ask, after all it is, by definition, a fans forum. Ask them to ask the questions your feel aren't being asked and if they dodge it, tell us and I'm quite confident that we'll join in the uproar.

I think we'd all like better questioning than their choice of takeaway, but, and I know I'm becoming boring, they can only ask what we the supporters ask them to ask, after all it is, by definition, a fans forum. Ask them to ask the questions your feel aren't being asked and if they dodge it, tell us and I'm quite confident that we'll join in the uproar.
Questions , I believe, are filtered, before being put to whoever it is from the club responding

All we hear is about how many mistakes they've made and how they will listen. Appreciate that honesty but since the last apology, they now admit to mis-handling the Ultra situation. They're not doing very well with mitigating problems. It's all fluff to shut the fans up.

And interesting to see someone ask a question about the MD's other 'education' work which he rebuffed by saying he was working all week for OUFC.

Back
Top Bottom