Rad Ox OUFC Special Tonight 6;15

• Thread starter Deleted member 142
  • Start date
What on earth is wrong with that? I said he was rightly happy with his new deal (which is a good thing) and he cares about the club. Not sure which part of that provoked such anger.
Perhaps I wrongly assumed given your previous multiple negative posts that you were purely being sarcastic regarding KR’s new contract. Apologies if that that was not the case, but I remain to be convinced

Praise due to Paul Peros (Oxvox) for getting the point over about communication towards the end of the program. That needed to be said, particularly after the very patronising comments from the headmaster.
He has not been a headmaster for some time. Give that a rest! Maybe you had an unhappy experience at school yourself. NMcW gets some things wrong but in your eyes he is useless. I suspect its not an easy role.

Perhaps I wrongly assumed given your previous multiple negative posts that you were purely being sarcastic regarding KR’s new contract. Apologies if that that was not the case, but I remain to be convinced
You did wrongly assume on this occasion.

Why?

I don’t think our campaign last season merited a 3 year contract. Do you?

On the whole he has tried to shield the board and really has fronted up for them. Fair play to him, I think that has played a big part in their decision to offer him the deal.

Why?

I don’t think our campaign last season merited a 3 year contract. Do you?

On the whole he has tried to shield the board and really has fronted up for them. Fair play to him, I think that has played a big part in their decision to offer him the deal.

Taking all the issues surrounding our club and how he has carried himself and how hard he has worked I think stability is just what we need. I doubt you can understand that though...

He has not been a headmaster for some time. Give that a rest! Maybe you had an unhappy experience at school yourself. NMcW gets some things wrong but in your eyes he is useless. I suspect its not an easy role.
What a strange response. The headmaster title has been around for some time. It refers to his manner of addressing folk and his vocabulary and style of speech. He has a very annoying habit of talking management speak, endemic of headmasters throughout the education set ups nowadays. (they, unfortunately, have to spend an inordinate amount of time dealing with politicians and the like)
His performance this evening was a perfect example of how he can talk without informing, confirming or denying something and be patronising at the same time.
As for his track record, I have made no mention of his success or failure, maybe you could enlighten us all to what he has got wrong and right?
It is not an easy role, you are correct there, however, it is a role in which Mark Ashton excelled. I have had several conversations with McWilliams and none of them left me with any impression of a man who was a master of his role. Frankly, I do not believe he is suited to the role. That is, of course, my personal opinion. You are welcome to disagree.
As for my time at school, well, I can recall not liking school dinners at my junior school and having to accept punishment for surprising the school bully by putting him on his a**e - the headmaster thought I had been a tad over enthusiastic in my reaction - but, unhappy, nah!

I also think NMcW needs to try to sound less like a headmaster. His comment about fans not caring about the plans for the club and preferring to hear about who our next winger is going to be were way, way off the mark. For a guy that is quick to tell everyone he was a fan himself he sure doesn't seem to act like it sometimes. Nonetheless I do believe his heart is in the right place.

Telling us mushrooms anything at all would be a start niall. Let's hope tonight was the first of an actual communication strategy.

Taking all the issues surrounding our club and how he has carried himself and how hard he has worked I think stability is just what we need. I doubt you can understand that though...

Shouldn't working hard be a pretty basic requirement for a lower league football manager? Cant see any that dont lasting very long.

I think we are lucky to have Robinson to be honest.
Don’t begrudge him a good contract at all.

Agree, we are lucky to have him. I can’t think of a manager we’ve had who has brought into the club as much as he has. Yes, on the face of it he is defensive of the owners and board but I find it refreshing that we’ve got a manager on the same page as his bosses. As a fan I don’t want a warring relationship running through the club and it’s good to hear that everyone is pulling in the same direction.

I genuinely believe they have big plans for the future, but as we fans keep telling them it won't be easy! I think they are trying to keep us comfortably in this division for now.

If they did have big plans you would expect them to sing them from the rooftops. The fact that 18 months in we have still not really been let in on the secret makes it look like either a/ we wont like these big plans, or b/ there is no big plan, or c/ they think we are all plebs who wouldn't understand or care anyway. I'm sure that is not the case but that's how it looks!

Kassam told us the plan and we bought into it until it became clear it wasnt quite what we were promised
Merry didnt tell us the plan because he didnt have one because he was a clown
Lenaghan didnt tell us the plan because we wouldn't have liked it
Eales told us the plan and we all bought into it until he had to change the plan, which he didnt tell us because we wouldn't like it.

Patterns are there!

Of course we did, thanks for reminding me. Second highest finish in 20 years.

Just goes to show I can remember loads of pointless information from the 80s and 90s, but anything last few seasons is a lot more fuzzy ? #oldfart.

That last paragraph sounds very familiar. ☹

Was it not our highest league finish for 20 years?

Fair point, but I thought he underperformed with the budget he had. The squad was unbalanced and significant parts of the budget were wasted on injury prone / risky signings. That coupled with the way he chucked players at different stages under the bus in post match interviews etc, just makes me think he is fortunate to get a 3 year deal.

If he finishes 12th or above this season then that arguably will be a better performance as it looks like the budget has been trimmed.

Hope he proves me wrong and outperforms the budget.

Back
Top Bottom