World Cup Qatar 2022

No chance you'll refrain from commenting, I suppose?

I won’t comment on any England Football matches until that thing is gone.

People that think he’s good 😂

Let’s have a list of Nations we’ve beating in the Euro’s and World Cup…. Not that glorified friendly trophy (Nations Lge)!

We beat the crap, but come up against meaningful opposition, and he soils himself.

😂 this has really triggered you hasn’t it!! It’s just an opinion… Don’t worry, it divides my group of mates all the time.

People will say a Panenka is a brilliant penalty when it goes in. What it actually is, is a chip shot straight down the keeper’s throat lacking any kind of power. Not only could you fail to score, but you risk giving the goalkeeper possession to counter attack. But if you win the mind game, it’s a ‘fantastic’ penalty. Same penalty, but only a good one if it goes in. If Murphy does that yesterday, it’s arguably a ‘worse’ shot than the one he hit but he scores and we say it’s great penalty that took bottle…

My opinion on this is often not popular but formed having watched thousands of games at all levels as a football fan and played to a decent level myself also, where I happened to take a few penalties against my will! And that’s how I know you don’t need to be a special technician to score - I was a tall wiry centre back. I’ve seen enough pens. Doesn’t mean I’m right. Let it go!
It hasn’t ‘triggered’ me, no, I just thought I’d mention it as it was discussed yesterday. Is that ok?

It’s an opinion in the same way that you could say there’s no such thing as a good corner, free kick, cross, shot, tackle… that’s also an opinion, and it’s also wrong!

A chipped penalty down the middle is a gamble, I agree. That’s not what I’m saying. Do you honestly think that both Mbappe penalties in normal time today were no better or worse than Murphy’s? (just using his as an example; not having a go at him). If so can you please explain how, when the keeper guessed the right way on one but couldn’t save it as it was hit so well?

I won’t comment on any England Football matches until that thing is gone.

People that think he’s good 😂

Let’s have a list of Nations we’ve beating in the Euro’s and World Cup…. Not that glorified friendly trophy (Nations Lge)!

We beat the crap, but come up against meaningful opposition, and he soils himself.
Oh yes because that's just a Southgate thing England struggling to beat the top teams in knock out football in my life time I wasn't born in 1990 I was only 5 in 96 so as far as I know Southgate is the best English manager to manage England

Oh yes because that's just a Southgate thing England struggling to beat the top teams in knock out football in my life time I wasn't born in 1990 I was only 5 in 96 so as far as I know Southgate is the best English manager to manage England
I think that’s probably Alf Ramsey but I’m happy for Southgate to have another go. Then there will be a new guy to slag off and burden with pressure

What a fantastic football match.
Amazing drama, Mpabbe and Messi scoring goals, Messi getting the WC he deserves.
I didn't want either team to win, but Messi is probably the best player I have seen. He deserves this to reinforce his legacy.

So MacAllister next will (?) play for Brighton at Southampton and Mbappe and Messi will play together for PSG

Why?

The current manager is crap. Now you can enjoy more sideways and backwards football until 2024.

I shall not watch England until that thing is gone.

England topped the charts for progressive passes in Qatar prior to the France game.

Back
Top Bottom