World Cup 29/11/2022: Group Stage - Wales v England: 1900

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel a bit sorry for the Welsh, especially the supporters who went out there. After all the excitement of getting there, they only played half way decently for half of one game. Underperformed woefully.

Piece of P**s. 10 wins out of 16 at major tournaments for Southgate. Superlative manager.

We march on to beat Senegal (and then get ruthlessly exposed against France).

Rashford for golden boot this kid is on fire fair play to him and well done England now we go on to beat Senegal

According Ian Rush the first half against the US cost them a place in the knock out stage! I know he has a reputation for being a bit thick and comes across that way but they were shite, if that yank defender hadn’t had a rush of blood to the head in the box they wouldn’t of scored, barely had the ball in the box and only Qatar have been a contender to be worse.

Back to playing proper football teams against Senegal be a lot tougher but we should have enough to get through against them before D Day against the French.

According Ian Rush the first half against the US cost them a place in the knock out stage! I know he has a reputation for being a bit thick and comes across that way but they were shite, if that yank defender hadn’t had a rush of blood to the head in the box they wouldn’t of scored, barely had the ball in the box and only Qatar have been a contender to be worse.

Back to playing proper football teams against Senegal be a lot tougher but we should have enough to get through against them before D Day against the French.
The Welsh were indeed shite. Bale and Ramsey generally anonymous throughout the tournament and no real squad depth. When a substitute is announced as ‘Portsmouth’s Joe Morrell‘, you just knew that-was-that.

The Welsh were indeed shite. Bale and Ramsey generally anonymous throughout the tournament and no real squad depth. When a substitute is announced as ‘Portsmouth’s Joe Morrell‘, you just knew that-was-that.

At least they didn’t resort to bringing on the fella who plays for that lot.

At least they didn’t resort to bringing on the fella who plays for that lot.

Can you imagine that, they need seven goals to get through, let’s send on a s**t player from a s**t fourth division side.

With 417 sides qualifying for the next one I still don’t think you will get anything as ridiculous as one of them taking a fourth division player. It’s strange to think that European Champions Italy didn’t go but a team who had to pick someone who plays that pile of shite did, they should of just booted them out when they put that squad list up.

People got mad at me for saying that England had an easy group.....

.....but honestly (having watched 30+ games over the past nine days) I think Wales and Iran were two of the worst half dozen teams in the tournament.

Now, credit due - we mercilessly dispatched them both. But the US were the only other decent team in Group B and that was an even contest.

Big step up in competition on Sunday, because Senegal are a good team. England will need to up their game.

People got mad at me for saying that England had an easy group.....

.....but honestly (having watched 30+ games over the past nine days) I think Wales and Iran were two of the worst half dozen teams in the tournament.

Now, credit due - we mercilessly dispatched them both. But the US were the only other decent team in Group B and that was an even contest.

Big step up in competition on Sunday, because Senegal are a good team. England will need to up their game.

Don't forget our group was the only one containing 4 sides in the top 20 of the world.

Wales very disappointing, I expect Jodi Jones’s Malta would have given us a better game. Even Qatar scored a good goal from open play.

Don't forget our group was the only one containing 4 sides in the top 20 of the world.

According to the FIFA World Rankings that still thinks that the aged husk of a formerly good team that is Belgium is the #2 side in the world, a Mexico side that has less cutting edge than a sponge is #13 whilst a vibrant and powerful Ghana side is apparently #61 and slightly worse than Northern Ireland.

No thanks, I'll trust what my eyes are telling me rather than some crappy FIFA algorithm.

It's a simple enough formula
1669766159282.png
where the ranking (p) is increased or decreased after every game by calculating the actual result (w) against the expected result based on ranking positions (we) and multiplying that figure by a factor based on the importance (i) of the game.

It's a simple enough formula
View attachment 10981
where the ranking (p) is increased or decreased after every game by calculating the actual result (w) against the expected result based on ranking positions (we) and multiplying that figure by a factor based on the importance (i) of the game.
I thought it was based on the size of the brown envelope

***Waves hello to Steve Evans***
I thought he was more interested in brown bags...

568e7ee0c08a8037008b7a1d

Back
Top Bottom