Transfer News Post transfer window

Tom Pearce, Wigan left back. We missed out on him on the last day of this window because of an injury in training among the Wigan squad the same day.

He is still under contract to Wigan, so unless that has been cancelled making him a free agent, we cannot sign him until the Jan. window.

He is still under contract to Wigan, so unless that has been cancelled making him a free agent, we cannot sign him until the Jan. window.

I believe the contract would have to have been cancelled before (or on) September 1st for us (or anyone) to be able to sign him before January.

Don't think you can cancel a player's contract in mid-October and then have another team pick him up the day after. That would be too easy a workaround the window.

So, as he's still a Wigan player today, no Tom Pearce for us until at least January (which is a shame, because he looks like he would be an ideal addition).

I believe the contract would have to have been cancelled before (or on) September 1st for us (or anyone) to be able to sign him before January.

Don't think you can cancel a player's contract in mid-October and then have another team pick him up the day after. That would be too easy a workaround the window.

So, as he's still a Wigan player today, no Tom Pearce for us until at least January (which is a shame, because he looks like he would be an ideal addition).
Yes that’s really annoying. Sounds like the club were unlucky with him, but also we shouldn’t have left such an important position till the last day.

Correct but it would be good to have something ready come Jan 1st. That’s now Tom Pearce and this LB were after.

Didn't you learn anything from the summer transfer window? having players ready to sign on meant nothing as they all went elsewhere. Looking for players now to sign on in January is about as useful as a fart in a lift.

Judging by how up-to-date that photo is he’s probably going to announce we’ve signed Dave Fogg and John Doyle as fullbacks… 😳
Jesus there's a blast from the past. John Doyle used to help coach my U14s Sunday team back in the day.

May have also dated his daughter for a brief period around the same time (all age appropriate)! 👀

Jesus there's a blast from the past. John Doyle used to help coach my U14s Sunday team back in the day.

May have also dated his daughter for a brief period around the same time (all age appropriate)! 👀

I read this as he dated his own daughter 😬

I went to school with him

Didn't you learn anything from the summer transfer window? having players ready to sign on meant nothing as they all went elsewhere. Looking for players now to sign on in January is about as useful as a fart in a lift.
similar to a 'handshake' pre-agreement- but with a questionable aroma

John and Andy Kingston both came in and around the team in the 77/78 season vying for the right back position. Interestingly they both lived a stones throw away from each other in Littlemore and both went to Peers School. Andy being a year or so older.
I knew them both well and played in the same boys and school team as Andy. Doesn't seem 40 odd years ago, frightening!!

John and Andy Kingston both came in and around the team in the 77/78 season vying for the right back position. Interestingly they both lived a stones throw away from each other in Littlemore and both went to Peers School. Andy being a year or so older.
I knew them both well and played in the same boys and school team as Andy. Doesn't seem 40 odd years ago, frightening!!
when I was bar manager at Scamps nightclub early- mid 70s occasionally we'd have a few OUFC players in - Andy Kingston was invariable one of them. Decentish chap, always friendly and chatty- albeit not so 'friendly' on the football field in a yellow shirt, if memory serves he went in mega hard when tackling opposition players.... I've a vague memory of him being sent off in a home game underlights at the Manor ( cant remember which one- and there may have been more than just the one )

Andy’s sister Sally was in my class

Back
Top Bottom