EPL Poor old Spuds......

They should have no problem putting a team out in any games (unless they go below the 13 European list players) with the size of squad and number of Academy players they have. Basically Spuds, suck it up Buttercup.

Covid outbreak and "short" of players.......

My heart bleeds.

Do what we did, play on.
They’ve been told if they have 13 dirt players they have to play but no doubt the spuds will say they only have 12 fit players to get a postponement although this round has to be completed by the 28th December.

It's B*****s. They stuck their kids in our Pizza Paint Trophy to give them a taste of competitive football, yet when the opportunity presents itself, they won't play them in a competitive football match.

Cancelling this game is perfectly reasonable in the circumstances and is no different from us pulling out of the Wigan game. However, the club should be doing everything they can to fulfill their fixture at the weekend.

Although I suspect that with omicron and the increased concerns then the decisions to play or not will be taken by the EPL in consultation with the Health Security Agency and not the club. I think that had our outbreak happened now then we may not have been allowed to play the Fleetwood and Rotherham games.

We didn’t play on ? In case you forgot Wigan already. It’s only been a few weeks.

Still raised a team for subsequent games that could have been under the same umbrella, despite not having the resources of Spurs.
IIRC, if we had got a GK in, we would probably have played the Wigan game?

Still raised a team for subsequent games that could have been under the same umbrella, despite not having the resources of Spurs.
IIRC, if we had got a GK in, we would probably have played the Wigan game?
Indeed. My understanding is that we were scrabbling round on the day of the Wigan game trying to get a keeper, where as the outbreak at Tottenham was first reported on Monday evening, giving them at least 2 whole days to promote a few of the many reserves and youth team players they will have.

The Spurs cases weren't all players, 5 were backroom staff. PL clubs don't have a squad cap, so have far more players to select from. If they had a team, they should have played.

It will be interesting to see if Spurs are made to play their game v Brighton on Saturday
We were made to play after cancelling Wigan and they have a game cancelled tonight
My bet is it will be postponed although they have access to far more players than we did
It’s a bit like the current Government
One rule for them , one rule for us

Their game Sunday is off too. You'd think they would have sufficient players to make up the gaps?

As mentioned, we played three days after a covid outbreak. What's the difference?

Their game Sunday is off too. You'd think they would have sufficient players to make up the gaps?

As mentioned, we played three days after a covid outbreak. What's the difference?

It is pathetic when they have far more players and coaches in their squads.

The difference is that we didn't ask the EFL for a postponement.

Man United game off now. Cynically I think the reason the authorities are more keen to have these games called off is due to broadcasting. People aren't going to tune in to watch a load of reserves. So it makes more financial sense to postpone the game until the big names are back

As for us carrying on, you have to remember that even though OUFC means everything to us, it means nothing to the money men.

Man United game off now. Cynically I think the reason the authorities are more keen to have these games called off is due to broadcasting. People aren't going to tune in to watch a load of reserves. So it makes more financial sense to postpone the game until the big names are back

As for us carrying on, you have to remember that even though OUFC means everything to us, it means nothing to the money men.
Being cynical myself, my thought was that it would be the owners who have pushed this because if they had to play a 'weaker' team (it's all relative at that level) and lose the game, then go on to miss out on Champions League football next season by a couple of points then it would cost the owners millions...

Back
Top Bottom