EPL unscheduled pre match 'entertainment' At Old Trafford ?

Trying to hit them in the pocket by stopping games going ahead seems like a good approach.

It will be interesting to see how many of the renew their season tickets, boycott games and refrain from buying merchandise.

I am expecting to see an empty stadium for another season.

It will be interesting to see how many of the renew their season tickets, boycott games and refrain from buying merchandise.

I am expecting to see an empty stadium for another season.
Well, FC United managed an average gate of over 3K in 2015/6, and Salford City averaged over 3K in 2019/20, so there's probably a few folk there spending their money away from OT, and you can't buy a green/gold scarf in the official Man Utd store.

I guess it will be hard to tell if anyone doesn't renew their season ticket because it will get sold to someone else. Just because there are more turkeys ready to vote for Christmas doesn't reflect on those who are protesting.

The problem i have with these protest is I think they’re a good thing because stopping arguably the second biggest game in this country is vs scum is the biggest lol gets recognition but come the summer they will want haalland Sancho Kane whoever else and these players cost millions who do the protesters think will pay for them it’s kind of hypocritical

The club's income which will include money from the fans will pay for the players. The Glazers aren't subsidising the club, they have taken/gained money from it by various means.

I guess it will be hard to tell if anyone doesn't renew their season ticket because it will get sold to someone else. Just because there are more turkeys ready to vote for Christmas doesn't reflect on those who are protesting.

And therein lies the root cause of the problem.

One would assume that anyone who is a none season ticket holding supporter of Man U would have the same values as those with season tickets.

But we all know that there are plenty out their who would snap them up, along with all the other merchandise.

So where does the protesting actually get, other than stir up a bit a short agitation.

And therein lies the root cause of the problem.

One would assume that anyone who is a none season ticket holding supporter of Man U would have the same values as those with season tickets.

But we all know that there are plenty out their who would snap them up, along with all the other merchandise.

So where does the protesting actually get, other than stir up a bit a short agitation.

It has already cost Man Utd at least 1 £multi-million sponsorship deal. The protest isn't only at the ground but is online/social media as well.

It has already cost Man Utd at least 1 £multi-million sponsorship deal. The protest isn't only at the ground but is online/social media as well.
So far, these protests have cost MUFC potentially 6 points, perhaps a place or two in the table, and potentially allowed Liverpool to increase their chances of a CL spot for next season, things that will probably upset fans more than owners, so I'm not sure what they expect to achieve

So far, these protests have cost MUFC potentially 6 points, perhaps a place or two in the table, and potentially allowed Liverpool to increase their chances of a CL spot for next season, things that will probably upset fans more than owners, so I'm not sure what they expect to achieve

That place or 2 will cost them £ms in lost prize money I think. They are trying to hurt the finances as they see it as the only way to hurt the Glazers.

That place or 2 will cost them £ms in lost prize money I think. They are trying to hurt the finances as they see it as the only way to hurt the Glazers.

What it will do is damage their ability to go into this ludicrous market and spend the sort of money Keane was talking about last week (200 mil plus - whatever it takes)

Would the Glazers even look to sell when so much negativity is surrounding the club at the moment? I doubt it.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Power of the average fan and all that.

Probably no one will come out of this very well, but the Glazers will still be multi billionaires and the fans will still be paying an absolute fortune to watch their team, and if they do sell, another multi billionaire will be waiting in the wings to do the same all over again.

The greed means football is just consuming itself.

What it will do is damage their ability to go into this ludicrous market and spend the sort of money Keane was talking about last week (200 mil plus - whatever it takes)

Would the Glazers even look to sell when so much negativity is surrounding the club at the moment? I doubt it.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Power of the average fan and all that.

Probably no one will come out of this very well, but the Glazers will still be multi billionaires and the fans will still be paying an absolute fortune to watch their team, and if they do sell, another multi billionaire will be waiting in the wings to do the same all over again.

The greed means football is just consuming itself.

I suppose they're feel they have got to try something.

So you reckon ManU fans were on their forum going "can't believe those Oxford fans stormed the boardroom. Stuff 'em - they were happy when FK took over and promised them a journey. Reap what you sow."

I was thinking Thames Valley Royals when our club could have just become an early version of MK.

However, hate him or not, FK is a shrewd and resilient businessman who got the Manor situation sorted as we looked down the barrel yet again.

We aren`t quite a "PLC" club but if we go down that route one old, fat bloke will happily be sat in the centre circle again.

Back
Top Bottom