Championship Points Deductions

Two of the three directors have resigned following failure of the owners to put in promised funding.
Any idea what comes next Mark?
I guess a Bury is a real possibility? They can't simply keep deducting points surely?

Any idea what comes next Mark?
I guess a Bury is a real possibility? They can't simply keep deducting points surely?

The fans on their forum appear to hoping some creditors can put them into administration so a sale might result. Not sure that is likely to happen though unless they are screwing over HMRC as well.

With money owed to HMRC, there is a growing feeling a winding-up petition could be issued in a bid for find out whether the owners are willing to continue funding the club.

I can see another bury on our hands and I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, how has McClean managed to sign a new contract?! Surely they have to send every contract to the league?!

Just announced on talkSPORT that a sell of the club has been agreed in principle with new owners pending EFL approval.

The fans on their forum appear to hoping some creditors can put them into administration so a sale might result. Not sure that is likely to happen though unless they are screwing over HMRC as well.
I thought if you go into administration during the close season you were relegated twice?

The EFL will take anyone, as has been seen countless times.

As far as administration at Wigan, they did it a couple of years ago, so here we go again.

This is the EFL, it depends who you are. Also now they have a deal in place with buyers then I’m sure the EFL will go easy on them.
Probably, then you think of what happened to Bury. I hope Wigan still get more points deducted.
I mum syre we all remember all the players they bought in their promotion winning season in L1. Absolutely disgusting.
Yep the EFL are corrupt and useless in their task of running the EFL.

I hope Wigan still get more points deducted.
I mum syre we all remember all the players they bought in their promotion winning season in L1. Absolutely disgusting.
perhaps a fitting punishment would be that every League One club gets to send one of those players back to Wigan

The EFL will take anyone, as has been seen countless times.

As far as administration at Wigan, they did it a couple of years ago, so here we go again.

That isn't true as the FL have found a limit it seems with Sarbjot Johal attempted takeover of Morecambe. There is a thread on it but this the latest:

As an aside, in that article it mentions Sky clawing back money from central funding for when there was no football due to Covid. It is still being paid but is nearly done with. I hadn't seen, or don't remember having done so, anything about this other than talk around the time.

As an aside, in that article it mentions Sky clawing back money from central funding for when there was no football due to Covid. It is still being paid but is nearly done with. I hadn't seen, or don't remember having done so, anything about this other than talk around the time.
But Sky lost f**k all coverage due to covid, all the games scheduled to be played in the PL, Championship, plus EFL play-offs went ahead...

Back
Top Bottom