Championship Reading to be docked points ?

If the EFL failed to dock points for all the financial shenanigans at the skip, I think there is more chance of them docking points for ‘being irritating!’
I’m all for it!😂
Just thinking ( and no sarcasm please ) I wonder with all this financial irregularities going on 1, why are Bournemouth not being investigated and 2, could the fact the scum being docked 3 points but suspended, could clubs facing disciplinary action not cite the scum and their penalty suspended?

Just thinking ( and no sarcasm please ) I wonder with all this financial irregularities going on 1, why are Bournemouth not being investigated and 2, could the fact the scum being docked 3 points but suspended, could clubs facing disciplinary action not cite the scum and their penalty suspended?

Because Bournemouth have made a load of player sales whilst in the FL (getting towards or over £100m I think) and they have PL parachute payments.

Because Bournemouth have made a load of player sales whilst in the FL (getting towards or over £100m I think) and they have PL parachute payments.
In March they announced their 3rd loss in a row - 19/20 £60.1million, 18/19 £32.4million, 17/18 £10.9million - following £48million in losses in the 2 seasons before promotion to the PL, which broke FFP regs, but they 'got away' with a £4.5million fine. £9million paid in interest on the loans funding it.

They do but their wage bill a couple of seasons ago was around the 85% mark which is 25% more than is should be their income won’t cover this years wage bill. But their owner keeps chucking cash at them and one day he will stop and sell the the s**t will hit the fan at Bournemouth

They do but their wage bill a couple of seasons ago was around the 85% mark which is 25% more than is should be their income won’t cover this years wage bill. But their owner keeps chucking cash at them and one day he will stop and sell the the s**t will hit the fan at Bournemouth
their accounts say "The Club is also aware of the risk associated with reliance upon finance from its shareholder to fund operations. However, the directors are confident that this risk is minimal, based on the ongoing commitment from its investor and recent positive developments within the business, which demonstrate the successful outputs resulting from the investment."
ie we are ****ed if he goes and hope he doesn't

I suspect with all the player sales etc they are within FFP rules/Accounting Regs unlike Reading (allegedly) or Derby. I also suspect they are continuing to reduce their costs as they started doing it after PL relegation, unlike Derby/Reading.

Also, I may be wrong but unlike the lower leagues, I don't think the Championship specify a wage to turnover ratio but rather an allowable maximum loss over 3 seasons.

their accounts say "The Club is also aware of the risk associated with reliance upon finance from its shareholder to fund operations. However, the directors are confident that this risk is minimal, based on the ongoing commitment from its investor and recent positive developments within the business, which demonstrate the successful outputs resulting from the investment."
ie we are ****ed if he goes and hope he doesn't
Max Denim said last year apparently rhat Bournemouth have to fund themselves but I can t see that.
If he chooses to sell they will either be sold with a heavy debt and a huge wage bill or Max Denim will walk away and take the debt with him but has to sell the club with a high wage which be Lamont an albatross around their neck, the hurt would have to keep funding the club beyond their means or simply sell and reduce the wage bill and play to their means m.

Max Denim said last year apparently rhat Bournemouth have to fund themselves but I can t see that.
If he chooses to sell they will either be sold with a heavy debt and a huge wage bill or Max Denim will walk away and take the debt with him but has to sell the club with a high wage which be Lamont an albatross around their neck, the hurt would have to keep funding the club beyond their means or simply sell and reduce the wage bill and play to their means m.

Not sure what Norman Lamont has to do with it? ;)

In March they announced their 3rd loss in a row - 19/20 £60.1million, 18/19 £32.4million, 17/18 £10.9million - following £48million in losses in the 2 seasons before promotion to the PL, which broke FFP regs, but they 'got away' with a £4.5million fine. £9million paid in interest on the loans funding it.

Is this what people want for Oxford I wonder?

"Investment".

"Investment".

Personally I'd rather us be cautious if we got into the Championship and build steadily. If that means being a yo-yo team for a while then so be it. Invest the increased income etc into the long term development of the club whilst obviously some of it will go towards the 1st team wage budget.

Personally I'd rather us be cautious if we got into the Championship and build steadily. If that means being a yo-yo team for a while then so be it. Invest the increased income etc into the long term development of the club whilst obviously some of it will go towards the 1st team wage budget.

Absolutely. I do hope we get there but when we do it must be sensible spending and an understanding from all concerned that we may well have to face a relegation in order to stablise ourselves there on a second attempt. Not many going from League 1 to the Championship stick there - 50% of the sides promoted since 2014 have been relegated within one or two seasons. Take the money, use it to make yourself a stronger League 1 side and have another crack when you get up there again.

Rotherham may be the prime example to follow. They had a stinking 2016-17 in the second tier - bottom of the league with 33 defeats in 46 games and a mere 23 points. That sort of galling relegation may have been hard to recover from but they stuck with Paul Warne and got promoted the season after. Curiously, they have been relegated three times and promoted twice in his four and a half seasons there. I think many owners would have panicked and pulled the trigger but they've stuck with Warne and you never hear of any financial upheaval with the Millers. Yo-yoing between the second and third tiers is becoming a regular thing.

Reading under John Madjeski did things right he did build the club and did it well, but he also found out it can be expensive in the premiership.

"Investment".
Not many people I would have thought.
Building sustainably is a term mentioned a lot.
So the ground and deal is key medium term, plus the academy producing quality young players.
Even short term as somebody suggested, Luton, Milwall, Coventry have all gone up and done OK.

Reading under John Madjeski did things right he did build the club and did it well, but he also found out it can be expensive in the premiership.
Well it did help that he was a rich man with spare cash that he wanted to spunk on Reading - there was plenty of investment there that was written off and not as loans. Not everyone can be as lucky, and as has been seen it doesn't necessarily help when his spare money ran out and he sold it on.

Well it did help that he was a rich man with spare cash that he wanted to spunk on Reading - there was plenty of investment there that was written off and not as loans. Not everyone can be as lucky, and as has been seen it doesn't necessarily help when his spare money ran out and he sold it on.
But he didn’t do all in one go and did it gradually and yes Reading we’re lucky, before he came in they were a bang average div3/4 team

Back
Top Bottom