Match Buildup playoffs build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sarge are you connecting the laptop to the modem/router (whatever it's called) with a cable or using pixie dust (wireless)? I've been told the former is often better for watching online TV.

@Sarge are you connecting the laptop to the modem/router (whatever it's called) with a cable or using pixie dust (wireless)? I've been told the former is often better for watching online TV.

err , it'll be laptop hdmi socket to TV hdmi socket via a cable connection ( new cable just arrived btw) ... owt else is waaaay beyond me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I feel your technophobe pain @outsidethebox , being a luddite when it comes to techy things myself

Install n set up sky go ( piggybacking a relatives account) - check :)

try it out , ( on the laptop) to make sure that it works ( a few times)- check:)
< and, discovered its a good idea to shut down 'everything else' on the laptop
to avoid serious buffering/ stuttering, that makes the commentary sound like its being presented
by Max Headroom's amphetamine addicted younger brother ! > :oops: o_O:rolleyes:

Link laptop to Tv via hdmi-hdmi sockets - awaiting delivery of decent quality hdmi-hdmi cable - (today, hopefully? )?

btw some laptops have mini hdmi outputs, worth checking that as you may need a new cable or adapter

Buy a bluetooth 5 transmitter/receiver online - £30 - connect to TV with standard length HDMI cable. Open stream source on phone and use bluetooth to connect to the receiver and cast to TV. You can also use it to plug into the back of an amp (AUX) and play phone/laptop wirelessly through your stereo speakers rather than using cheap tinny plugins and range is about 20m. (good solution for that chap with a static PC upstairs and TV downstairs assuming he has a phone)

Last edited:
Thank for all the streaming advice. Unfortunately my PC is in the spare room upstairs and my TV is downstairs so I would need a bloody long HTML cable. I think I might go for the Firestick and enjoy the full value of it when we march out at Wembley.
No games console down there? They will run Sky Go if you do.

I feel your technophobe pain @outsidethebox , being a luddite when it comes to techy things myself

Install n set up sky go ( piggybacking a relatives account) - check :)

try it out , ( on the laptop) to make sure that it works ( a few times)- check:)
< and, discovered its a good idea to shut down 'everything else' on the laptop
to avoid serious buffering/ stuttering, that makes the commentary sound like its being presented
by Max Headroom's amphetamine addicted younger brother ! > :oops: o_O:rolleyes:

Link laptop to Tv via hdmi-hdmi sockets - awaiting delivery of decent quality hdmi-hdmi cable - (today, hopefully? )?

Edit- update

hdmi-hdmi cable arrived ... trial run, after a bit of jiggery pokery with which 'source' let laptop n tv 'talk' to each other (via the new cable) .... yaay! it works, and it was relatively painless to set up too :sneaky: ..... ( with a bit of telephone 'tech talk through' from me youngest lad :sneaky: )

Edit- update

hdmi-hdmi cable arrived ... trial run, after a bit of jiggery pokery with which 'source' let laptop n tv 'talk' to each other (via the new cable) .... yaay! it works, and it was relatively painless to set up too :sneaky: ..... ( with a bit of telephone 'tech talk through' from me youngest lad :sneaky: )

Brilliant. Well done "techno-sarge". Now wait for local internet usage to go through the roof on match days leaving you buffering for 10 minutes with Matty one on one with their keeper!

Brilliant. Well done "techno-sarge". Now wait for local internet usage to go through the roof on match days leaving you buffering for 10 minutes with Matty one on one with their keeper!

.....that be just my sort of luck too .... I'll have sky commentary down/ off, with Jerome n co commentating from bbc rad ox too :sneaky:

( and Im aware one coverage will be slightly out of kilter with t'other.... though Itll be FM rad-ox, not digital for me)

.....that be just my sort of luck too .... I'll have sky commentary down/ off, with Jerome n co commentating from bbc rad ox too :sneaky:

( and Im aware one coverage will be slightly out of kilter with t'other.... though Itll be FM rad-ox, not digital for me)

Glad you got it sorted.

with sky down and radox on radio, might have sync issues, probably hear OUR goals go in before you see them :LOL:

Thank for all the streaming advice. Unfortunately my PC is in the spare room upstairs and my TV is downstairs so I would need a bloody long HTML cable. I think I might go for the Firestick and enjoy the full value of it when we march out at Wembley.

I wouldn’t get a firestick, don’t think you can watch it on that??

Glad you got it sorted.

with sky down and radox on radio, might have sync issues, probably hear OUR goals go in before you see them :LOL:
= double celebration for all of 'our' goals then ? :)

There is a free streaming app in the App Store. Channels Pro. Download to IPad or I Phone. I use it and screen mirror to a Apple TV Player Never tried mirroring it straight to Smart TV but it probably works that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom