General Will we reach the playoffs?

Will OUFC reach the playoffs this season?

• Yes

Votes: 51 58.0%
  • No

Votes: 37 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interestingly enough Sheff Weds also have a really decent bloke as manager and they seem the same as us (indeed we did the double over them) - maybe nice guys just lack the ruthless touch to succeed - Sir Alex certainly had it as did Chris Wilder at this level - but do KR or Darren Moore

Rotherham are what we should be looking to emulate - Wednesday were the better side for most of the game, couldn't break through and lose (sound familiar)
A quality team built on defence - something we lack badly and for which (no matter what each of us think of the rest of his stewardship - I for one think it is mostly a positive one) there is only one man to blame - KR
We don’t play anything like Rotherham, that will have to wait for the next manager. Doesn’t mean we can’t tighten up though.

Will we reach the playoffs? Depends totally on what sort of form we hit, it’s impossible to know. We’re certainly well capable of it. We have a lot of potential match winners in the squad.

If we do make the play-offs then it will be by the tightest of margins. If our defence cannot manage a few clean sheets then there is little chance.

Touch and go, I reckon. Have to improve from the last few games in *all* areas. KR teams seem to be very 'streaky' - let's hope!

KR’s teams go on runs, usually after a poor run at the start of the season we could go 8/9 unbeaten with most of them being wins.
Look at the run after losing at Wimbledon last year most of us thought oh well let’s look forward to next season but we made the playoffs.
I think we will be up there in the top 8 but it could be touch and go to make top 6

Play offs ✅
Promotion ❌

Teams that ship the goals that we do don’t tend to get promoted.

Also, our continued lack of physicality through the middle of the pitch will expose us against the Bolton’s, Wigan’s and Wednesday
of this world. It did against Blackpool and it will again.

Don’t think we are strong enough to win promotion but if we did, we would need to spend a few million on the defence, which has been neglected in recent years. We are good at finding centre halves, crap at fullbacks and perhaps wanting on goalkeepers. Don’t talk about wingers!!!

Play offs ✅
Promotion ❌

Teams that ship the goals that we do don’t tend to get promoted.

Also, our continued lack of physicality through the middle of the pitch will expose us against the Bolton’s, Wigan’s and Wednesday
of this world. It did against Blackpool and it will again.
But ... we’ve won at MK and Wednesday, two teams we might face. We’ve certainly got a chance if we hit form.

Interestingly enough Sheff Weds also have a really decent bloke as manager and they seem the same as us (indeed we did the double over them) - maybe nice guys just lack the ruthless touch to succeed - Sir Alex certainly had it as did Chris Wilder at this level - but do KR or Darren Moore
KR will always be a 'nearly man', and that's what we all need to accept.

We have good runs, and are lucky enough to have Taylor.

Until we have a manager that can do more of the basics, including the right kind of recruitment, I think we're doing more than ok always flirting with the playoffs under KR.

I think we'll make the playoffs but won't go ant further. We've got enough about us to put away the lesser teams in this division but I don't fancy us against good, physical teams who can exploit our weaknesses, especially over two legs.

I think we will make the playoffs and this time win at Wembley

Couple of defeats do not make a bad team

Tuesday was a blip we were unlucky not get get something yesterday- a game that really couldve gone either way

Defence has been a tad sieve like , ( is Gary Briggs busy?- in all seriousness bring in someone to coach avoiding errors and deciscion making, we have to get the very best out of the players we have in the squad) defend better, and hit form at the right time to win the playoffs. Its there for the taking, if the squad want it. Up the Manor

I just get the feeling that we will just miss out and I think the two transfer windows (Last summer & January) where I don’t think we fully addressed our weaknesses (Fullbacks, additional striker, bigger/more physical/athletic players) will cost us, but really hope I’m wrong.

As I’ve said I don’t think we will make them but I do hope I’m wrong and if we do it’s a lottery as to who might make the championship.

I think we'll make the play offs just but I fear for our lack of squad depth and fatigue setting in.....though if we keep conceding two goals a game then we certainly won't be anywhere near!
We have to tighten up defensively and not be reliant on having to score three goals a game to win. Not sure I could take losing in the play offs three years in a row tho....🤣🙏🏽
It's gonna be a crazy ride as usual supporting OUFC!

Make the play offs by goal difference.
Scrape through against Wycombe

Back
Top Bottom