Match Buildup playoffs build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe pre-recorded but I'd imagine that the press will have very little access to the players or management team prior to games to minimise any infection. And these are the most important games Oxford are playing in years, so maybe leave the team/manager to prepare and focus without distraction?

Losing 30 mins of radio time really isn't much considering everything that has happened.
That’s why I was saying they’d maybe have a longer build up. It’s been so long since we’d had any games and it’s such a big game I just would have thought theyd have plenty of filler to do it, would be a lot of people tuning in.

On a normal Saturday, they also cover the Oxfordshire non-league sides, Brackley (never understood why) and national sport. We will probably get the same amount of coverage given that we are all they will be discussing
I’ve never understood that either, it’s not even in Oxfordshire (and as far as I’m aware it never has been) They must get covered on BBC Northamptonshire too, weird.

Back to now TV , it seems that the stick to put in the tele takes 3-5 days to appear, but can I access stuff before that online? Likewise, if I buy a day pass is that ready immediately or do I have to apply in advance? Presumably it allows you to specify which day you want, or is it open until you activate it?
We are also thinking of doing the movies pass ongoing, but need to know how extensive the choice is, to decide whether it is worthwhile?

Back to now TV , it seems that the stick to put in the tele takes 3-5 days to appear, but can I access stuff before that online? Likewise, if I buy a day pass is that ready immediately or do I have to apply in advance? Presumably it allows you to specify which day you want, or is it open until you activate it?
We are also thinking of doing the movies pass ongoing, but need to know how extensive the choice is, to decide whether it is worthwhile?
Once you buy a day/week/month pass you can use it straight away via a stick or on a pc. If you need a stick quickly, I saw loads in Tescos the other week on offer at £20 instead of £30. That might've been a father's day offer though but it is a quicker way to get hold of one.

Chopper was probably cooler, but the Grifter was indestructible!!!

Au contraire!

I remember 2 of us on a friend's Grifter getting a lot of speed up and then attempting one of those 'table top' type jumps. We landed slightly badly and the frame snapped!

Wouldn't have even attempted the manoeuvre on a Chopper, mind.

Let's keep this thread just for the play-off build-up and tv issues with Sky and iFollow. etc.
I am not a Grifter fan and I'm pretty sure my Chopper is bigger than yours!
How about 70's sweets? Texan bar and Toffos!!!

(I'll start a new thread in Miscellaneous!)

How about a (possible) first XI vs reserves in a final 11vs11 training game at the Kassam to prepare for the first leg?

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin
Brannigan Woodburn
Henry Taylor Browne

Sykes Mackie Agyei
Kelly Hanson
Thorne
Berkoe Mousinho Atkinson Forde
Stevens

How about a (possible) first XI vs reserves in a final 11vs11 training game at the Kassam to prepare for the first leg?

Eastwood
Gorrin
Brannigan Woodburn
Henry Taylor Browne

Sykes Mackie Agyei
Kelly Hanson
Thorne
Stevens
I know a counter argument works well for debate, but I would say that your first xi is pretty much nailed on. The reserves don't look too bad either and shows the value in having strength in depth.

I know a counter argument works well for debate, but I would say that your first xi is pretty much nailed on. The reserves don't look too bad either and shows the value in having strength in depth.

The subs will be important in these games if the PL/German/Championship games are anything to go by. It is a cliche but for all sides it will be a game won or lost by the squad rather than just the main 11.

Eastwood
Gorrin
Brannigan Woodburn
Henry Taylor Browne

Sykes Mackie Agyei
Kelly Hanson
Thorne
Stevens
That must be the strongest squad in a very long time

The subs will be important in these games if the PL/German/Championship games are anything to go by. It is a cliche but for all sides it will be a game won or lost by the squad rather than just the main 11.
Totally agree and think that when you look at having the options of bringing on Sykes, Agyei, Kelly, Forde and Mackie (and Napa?) to chase a game, or Mous, Hanson or Thorne to shore us up, that we are in as good a position as we could possibly be.

Eastwood
Gorrin
Brannigan Woodburn
Henry Taylor Browne

Sykes Mackie Agyei
Kelly Hanson
Thorne
Stevens

If we're allowed to name 9 subs, then only two of the second XI would miss out, probably Berkoe and Hanson I'd reckon. I don't know if Hally's available, and I don't think Napa will make the bench ahead of the likes of Sykes and Forde.

If we're allowed to name 9 subs, then only two of the second XI would miss out, probably Berkoe and Hanson I'd reckon. I don't know if Hally's available, and I don't think Napa will make the bench ahead of the likes of Sykes and Forde.

Hall isn't available as he was on loan at Forest Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom