Matches Play-off dates

Well, I'm the opposite of some of you, as for the first time in almost three years, I am going to be in the country in early May.

So, personally speaking, it would be really, really, really great if we were in the playoffs and I could get to a game.

Hopefully not actually on May 7th though. Because I'm best man at a wedding that day. Groom's a big Oxford fan, but even then I think it's touch and go if I'd be forgiven for a no-show in order to go watch the first leg of the playoff semis!!

Well, I'm the opposite of some of you, as for the first time in almost three years, I am going to be in the country in early May.

So, personally speaking, it would be really, really, really great if we were in the playoffs and I could get to a game.

Hopefully not actually on May 7th though. Because I'm best man at a wedding that day. Groom's a big Oxford fan, but even then I think it's touch and go if I'd be forgiven for a no-show in order to go watch the first leg of the playoff semis!!
If he's a big enough Oxford fan there's only one place he'll be that day too...

I missed our last promotion as I was on honeymoon in Italy. I didn’t mind actually, I’d seen every other home game that season and felt the job was pretty much done.

I got in touch with the EFL last week and asked about the semi-final dates. This was the reply:
Unfortunately, the League One Play Off Semi Final dates are not yet confirmed, these dates cannot be announced until participating Clubs are decided. We can confirm that provisionally both legs of the League One Semi-Finals are due to take place between 7 and 14 May, however specific dates won’t be confirmed until nearer the time.

Funny thing with odds though they are only based on current form, we all know from previous seasons following a Karl Robinson Oxford is like being on Blackpool's big one coaster continuously and you don't know when the next up and down is coming.
Yep but generally the ups have far outweighed the downs, and we have been playoff finishers in the past two seasons and are right up there again. Tbh the downs are greatly exaggerated by some, lose one game and it’s season over.
It’s not often the bookies are wrong, let’s hope they aren’t this time.

Not irrelevant in the slightest, the bookies have us as 1/1 to make the playoffs so it’s sensible to work out when the playoff dates and stick them in the diary.
I can't see us as evens with any bookies to make the play-offs. They are ridiculously generous odds. Best I can see is 8/13 with Skybet. MK Dons, Sheff Wed and Sunderland are all shorter.

Yep but generally the ups have far outweighed the downs, and we have been playoff finishers in the past two seasons and are right up there again. Tbh the downs are greatly exaggerated by some, lose one game and it’s season over.
It’s not often the bookies are wrong, let’s hope they aren’t this time.
Well I hope they are wrong. I want promotion and that won't be automatic. To go up via the play-offs we're fourth favourites behind Wed, MK and Sunderland.

I can't see us as evens with any bookies to make the play-offs. They are ridiculously generous odds. Best I can see is 8/13 with Skybet. MK Dons, Sheff Wed and Sunderland are all shorter.
Fair enough - my odds must be a bit out of date and good that we’re shorter than what I had seen.

I got in touch with the EFL last week and asked about the semi-final dates. This was the reply:
Unfortunately, the League One Play Off Semi Final dates are not yet confirmed, these dates cannot be announced until participating Clubs are decided. We can confirm that provisionally both legs of the League One Semi-Finals are due to take place between 7 and 14 May, however specific dates won’t be confirmed until nearer the time.
Thanks Paul
I think perhaps phrase "until participating clubs" probably should read "until the TV Companies have been consulted"

Possible 92 points available to us. Win 8, draw with Rotherham away and finish on 90 points. Let the others fight it out in the playoffs!!

I think we will be more likely to face them in the semis. I think MK are nailed on for 3rd, Sheff W 4th, Oxford 5th, Plymouth 6th.
I like the sound of that. It would mean both Wycombe and Blunderland missing out!

It's been fashionable at times to name a child after the place of their conception.

I guess Blackpool is more of a middle name really.
Might give a Trojan horse entrance into the Blackpool Lives Matter movement

Stands back with popcorn 🍿

21st May? OH FFS I'm taking the Mrs abroad for her birthday that weekend...

It won't be on iFollow as it will be a Sky match, so I'll have to find a bar in Copenhagen that would be willing to play it for me, like I did in Hong Kong for the 2nd JPT Final... not going to be easy...

Back
Top Bottom