Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 - No.52 - Play-off SF first leg

Looks like we saw the same game and with some comments on social media I feel they must have watched a different game or had rose tinted soecs on.
I did stay to clap partly because my wife and friend who came with me felt they had to. Last nights performance was an embarrassment to what we’ve done to get to the play offs.
Well written Paul

Looks like we saw the same game and with some comments on social media I feel they must have watched a different game or had rose tinted soecs on.
I did stay to clap partly because my wife and friend who came with me felt they had to. Last nights performance was an embarrassment to what we’ve done to get to the play offs.
Well written Paul
I did actually clap a bit I think when Sykes, Brannagan and Barker walked off.

I applauded - but more for the season as a whole rather than last night's display.

Such a shame that the first time back in over a year (for many of us) was such a damp squib. When we get back in August, let's hope we are all sitting next to our 'football friends' in our regular seats.

The usual well balanced report , I had enough by 87 minutes felt let down by it all to be honest,too many below par performances from the majority , they seem incapable of changing tariffs whist on the field, all of the free kicks off seemed to be overhit ,rather abandoned at area to be attacked,barker should have stopped ings,Lee should have moved infield , Brannigan should have pushed himself forward, the list goes on, what are the coaching staff doing to sort out problems,why can't we impose ourselves sufficiently enough to get the opposition in the back foot , it all seemed reactive rather than proactive, rant over!!

What was disappointing was we saw how Blackpool played only a few weeks befor. We had no idea how to combat them when we lost 2 0 and yet we set up in exactly the same way.
The other thing is I have grown to quite like KR however when he comes out with comments like “we were the better team apart from 3 minutes of madness” I cringe, it makes OUFC a laughing stock
Everybody knows they were streets ahead of us, we had a few chances yes,but they ran the game.
How would it hurt anyone to say we underperformed and they are a talented team

What should have been a day to remember, turned into one best forgotten. However, having said that, perhaps the coaching staff and in particular, KR need to remember and note where things went wrong. After all, they have to prepare a team for Friday. They have to make the selection over who starts and who sits this one out.
But, if, come Friday, they make the same selection and play the same tactics then surely, surely even the most diehard KR backers must concede that there is something very, very wrong?

What was disappointing was we saw how Blackpool played only a few weeks befor. We had no idea how to combat them when we lost 2 0 and yet we set up in exactly the same way.
The other thing is I have grown to quite like KR however when he comes out with comments like “we were the better team apart from 3 minutes of madness” I cringe, it makes OUFC a laughing stock
Everybody knows they were streets ahead of us, we had a few chances yes,but they ran the game.
How would it hurt anyone to say we underperformed and they are a talented team

Yes. Lots of managers do that. Perhaps what he says to the players and what he says in public are two different things. I assumed that when he got the players and staff in a big group in the center circle after the match it was to read the riot act hopefully in a motivational way ahead of Friday. But perhaps not.

What should have been a day to remember, turned into one best forgotten. However, having said that, perhaps the coaching staff and in particular, KR need to remember and note where things went wrong. After all, they have to prepare a team for Friday. They have to make the selection over who starts and who sits this one out.
But, if, come Friday, they make the same selection and play the same tactics then surely, surely even the most diehard KR backers must concede that there is something very, very wrong?
Yes if we start with the same team I totally agree. Karl must shake things up the trouble is that if he really thinks we were the better team he wont!

Back
Top Bottom