Play off dates

@Manorlounger I recall these frustrations with iFollow and BBC Oxford commentary some time ago... has there been a recurrence of this?

I don't imagine another company coming in with their own new way of doing things will help the local agreements we have with which commentary they show and the service as it stands is acceptable and good quality?

Depends what you mean by 'anything'. The Firestick is basically running android, so I'd guess you could stick Kodi on it and run most things.

You can side load on firestick but reliability of kodi streams seems to have dropped.

There is no nowtv app for fire.

@Manorlounger I recall these frustrations with iFollow and BBC Oxford commentary some time ago... has there been a recurrence of this?

I don't imagine another company coming in with their own new way of doing things will help the local agreements we have with which commentary they show and the service as it stands is acceptable and good quality?
The last time it was raised as an issue, was in October 2019 although, I recall a repetition sometime after that.
The EFL were made aware of the frustrations and that should have been the end of it. Trouble seems to be, as evidenced by others, is that the customer service side of iFollow is very poor at times.
As you say, I don't imagine another organisation would be any better from the tech side but, if they had some idea of what customer service was all about, who knows?

Whilst the iFollow team can absolutely do better with their customer service, it's almost impossible to fix a tech issue when you can't see what's on someone's screen, especially if that person isn't tech savvy enough to explain the technical details of their issues. It's not excusing them at all, but it is something to bear in mind.

The other weird thing is that the club dont appear to have the right to show any fa cup footage. Or have I got that wrong?

I have noticed that BBC sports website states :

For people living outside of the UK, you can watch your team in action using your club's iFollow service.

I cannot believe so many people are in a tizzy because games are on sky, imagine if we went up and games are on at all sorts of times due to sky and whoever else.

Do people not have access via unofficial means, most of the population do so do try and catch up :rolleyes:

You can get now tv very cheap for a month if you are happy enough to watch on your mobile, £5.99 for the month I think, I know some TVs/boxes let you mirror your phone onto your tv so that might be the cheapest option if money is tight.

You can get now tv very cheap for a month if you are happy enough to watch on your mobile, £5.99 for the month I think, I know some TVs/boxes let you mirror your phone onto your tv so that might be the cheapest option if money is tight.
Indeed,. 1.99 with Tesco Clubcard Boost.

What gets me riled is the prem games are free to air but I have to pay to watch my local club while the sky money lines the pockets of greedy prem clubs. in this particular climate where sky know we can't get to the games it should be free for all games.

What gets me riled is the prem games are free to air but I have to pay to watch my local club while the sky money lines the pockets of greedy prem clubs. in this particular climate where sky know we can't get to the games it should be free for all games.
Ive just looked at the premier league schedule and there arent that many games that are going to be ‘free to air’, certainly not the sky ones anyway. Neither of the games tonight are. Sky are putting one or two on Pick, Amazon Prime are showing a couple free and BBC have about 4. Theres currently a Sky Sports Now TV monthly pass ‘deal’ - £25 for three months reduced from £33. Whoopee... Have to say Ill probably take it up though.

I understand fully why Sky have a monopoly on the playoffs in the UK but it's unfair on overseas fans for whom iFollow is normally the only way to watch OUFC.
I believe ifollow for OUFC's playoff semi finals is only available for overseas U's exiles- its those in the UK who are having Sky sports or nothing imposed for live visual coverage the U's semi final playoff legs

There are ways and means, do people not get IPTV or is out in the sticks people are still struggling with using light switches? :D

Last edited:
The NowTV app on the BT box now has Sky Sports or you could buy a Chromecast device for about £30. My 10 months deal with NowTV works out at £20 pm. All I have to do is keep the rest of the family off of Lego bloody friends!

Ive just looked at the premier league schedule and there arent that many games that are going to be ‘free to air’, certainly not the sky ones anyway. Neither of the games tonight are. Sky are putting one or two on Pick, Amazon Prime are showing a couple free and BBC have about 4. Theres currently a Sky Sports Now TV monthly pass ‘deal’ - £25 for three months reduced from £33. Whoopee... Have to say Ill probably take it up though.
I read that as £25 A MONTH for 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom