Home Match Day Thread Pizza Trophy OUFC v Chelsea U21

#captainhindsight

It would be very hard to evaluate a manager’s performance without hindsight though? I mean Watford just assume it will turn to s**t and sack them so I suppose it is doable but I think Robinson has been here long enough for people to look and see where it’s going.

It would be very hard to evaluate a manager’s performance without hindsight though? I mean Watford just assume it will turn to s**t and sack them so I suppose it is doable but I think Robinson has been here long enough for people to look and see where it’s going.
Yes that’s the wrong word - I should have said revisionism. You can argue that Robbo has lost it without trying to claim he’s always been rubbish.

I don't really care if the Pizza Trophy means very little to some ! It's money at the end of the day,we cannot rely on wealthy owners to give all if the Team and Manager cannot do there bit and win some cash to put into the coffers! Sorry but totally lost with the situation at O.U.F.C. something isn't right .

Yes that’s the wrong word - I should have said revisionism. You can argue that Robbo has lost it without trying to claim he’s always been rubbish.
Whoa - I think you need to read my original post again.Always been rubbish..? Revisionism on both sides of the Karl divide I think.

Last edited:
Do we have to keep reading through pages that subsequently are just repetitive from other threads.

Those who don't like life with the Manager we get it ....those that do we get it.

When folk want to use a non event of a competition to ram home there bias, then the forum is in trouble.

I've said before that the place had become toxic at times and for me is close to reaching a point of wondering if it's worth bothering anymore.
A competition, that has brought the club thousands of pounds over the years, days out at Wembley, and was budgeted to be a money spinner this season suddenly becomes "A non event of a competition" the minute it provides yet another nail in Robinsons coffin as Oxford manager.

Blimey never realised so many people cared so much about this trophy, if only they turned up to the games and showed that support to the team.

Or is it because it's a convenient bat to beat the manager with because we lost the game?

Games determined by penalty shootouts are recorded as a draw.
Nice pedantry, but as we went through to the next round and they didn't, I'd suggest that we won that game. And I think Italy went away with silverware from Wembley in the Euros, not a share of it.

Blimey never realised so many people cared so much about this trophy, if only they turned up to the games and showed that support to the team.

Or is it because it's a convenient bat to beat the manager with because we lost the game?
That's simply not true and has been explained by multiple posters above.

You can recognise the games are meaningless (for the fans at least) and still dissect the performance and especially the bizarre substitutions.

If your dog kept shitting on your carpet (where it really matters) you'd still notice if it then shat on your tiles in the kitchen (even though it's easier to clean up).
It would indicate said dog is still shitting everywhere (not simply occassionally shitting in the kitchen) and - crucially - would suggest another big sh*t on the carpet is likely at the weekend.

I do not have a dog.

That's simply not true and has been explained by multiple posters above.

You can recognise the games are meaningless (for the fans at least) and still dissect the performance and especially the bizarre substitutions.

If your dog kept shitting on your carpet (where it really matters) you'd still notice if it then shat on your tiles in the kitchen (even though it's easier to clean up).
It would indicate said dog is still shitting everywhere (not simply occassionally shitting in the kitchen) and - crucially - would suggest another big sh*t on the carpet is likely at the weekend.

I do not have a dog.

Shut (shat) the forum down. This post will never be beaten! 😅😂

Is there a reason why you are unable to detach the performance and decision making from the competition?

This wasn’t an isolated poor performance so until our failing Manager (and his staff) substantially turns the tide, the pressure will continue to build on him, regardless of the competition.

KR knows he is in a results based business and losing to an u21 side on Tuesday will have done nothing to ease the growing gitters at both Board room and supporter levels.

Some here are offering genuine insight into the current feeling around the club. If you choose to ignore it then that’s your look out but don’t just accuse every poster of wishing to ‘beat the Manager’. IMO, It’s a very lacklustre attempt at supporting him.

When I was young, I couldn’t accept any criticism of Oxford United. I’d fiercely defend every aspect of it even in the face of clear evidence of its lacking, and I considered myself a ‘true fan’.

Then I grew up.

When I was young, I couldn’t accept any criticism of Oxford United. I’d fiercely defend every aspect of it even in the face of clear evidence of its lacking, and I considered myself a ‘true fan’.

Then I grew up.
The irony of all this misplaced support for the manager is that it has the potential to damage the club. I want the best for Oxford United, not Karl Robinson.

Oh , and if it’s a “meaningless competition “ why did Robinson put out a strong side and try to win the tie?

Nice pedantry, but as we went through to the next round and they didn't, I'd suggest that we won that game. And I think Italy went away with silverware from Wembley in the Euros, not a share of it.
Pedant, absolutely. Just saying in footballing statistics the match is officially a draw, with one team winning the tie-breaker.

And I'm not sure on the last point. I thought Italy get the trophy Monday to Friday, we have it on weekends?

A competition, that has brought the club thousands of pounds over the years, days out at Wembley, and was budgeted to be a money spinner this season suddenly becomes "A non event of a competition" the minute it provides yet another nail in Robinsons coffin as Oxford manager.
Not at all Mate...I have always been against the competition and never went for The "Day out" either.

For the record it may be targeted by the club but on beating Orient, the word was it was only their reserves. Now we lost. it's we cannot even beat a bunch of kids...cannot have it both ways.

For me most of the games have been dull to watch but in saying that I did try to analyse a little further and suggested we had seemingly looked to become harder to beat and had therefore sacrificed fluidity going forward.

I have also pointed out that we need to forget the Dickie, Atkinson and Mcnally styles as players like Findlay and Brown are the Old school type of no nonsense defenders.

I appreciate that with me not able to attend games I have been able to view in a more relaxed mode, whereas those attending are going to be more engaged and dare i suggest a little more expectant.

We all know it's a results business, we have had some wonderful moments and seen some exceptional football over the years, if things don't pick up then it's for the Owners to make a decision.

What i object to is that regardless of opinion on life with the current Manager, I see little mileage in comments like he'll be gone by end October,November,Xmas or whenever from those who would rather he was a gone and repeated time after time (we really do understand you all) as that simply comes across as not being bothered by upcoming results when surely any fan cannot really have that mindset, it's not healthy at all.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom