Away Match Day Thread 18/10/2022 EFL Trophy: Sutton United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
REF WATCH

British South Asian official Sunny Singh Gill is tonight’s referee for the Papa Johns clash with Sutton United at Gander Green Lane.
Singh, 38, from Cranford, West London follows in the footsteps of his father Jarnail ‘John’ Singh who refereed more than 200 EFL games
from 2004 to 2010 including several OUFC matches. Jarnail became the first Sikh EFL match official and was born in the Punjab, India in 1962.

Sunny was promoted to the National List in the summer of 2022.

Fa8JGCoUUAAWrfc

The team tonight is going to be interesting. Normally you'd expect some youngsters and those on the fringes of the team, but I suspect (from previous team selections in this competition) that there in a bit more emphasis being placed on this from the powers that be.

So I'd expect a pretty strong team to be running out tonight. Let's hope they can find a level like the first 60 minutes at Exeter - we need the confidence to be built up, whatever the competition.

I hope that the likes of Gorrin and Golding are given at least 60 minutes in their best positions, ie defensive midfield and central defence, not attacking midfield and fullback.

Personally I hope those 'first team' players in need of game time are included. Always a risk of injury but fitness for the league is maybe more important at the moment.

Regardless of the competition we have to win. A defeat ends momentum from Saturday.

Go strong imo.

Is it a must win game. I mean can we draw and go to pens, and still get points and go through.

I don’t tend to pay to much attention to this competition that’s why I ask.

Straight fotwars 3-0 win tonight. We wikl be far too strong for them as we have the injured players back.

Is it a must win game. I mean can we draw and go to pens, and still get points and go through.

I don’t tend to pay to much attention to this competition that’s why I ask.
We go through if we draw and win on pens.

Interesting you say you don’t pay much attention to the competition, you were very vocal after the Chelsea game that we lost 😂

We go through if we draw and win on pens.

Interesting you say you don’t pay much attention to the competition, you were very vocal after the Chelsea game that we lost 😂

I watched it, and was in disbelief. We should be rolling them kind of teams over, and sloppy mistakes from the goalkeeper costed us.

I thought Anderson, and Jones played very well that night. Couldn’t believe they wasn’t on the bench for the next Lge game. Then KR says they didn’t take there opportunity, but I would argue they were our best players against Chelsea youth.

I nothing better to do, and I didn’t watch the Orient game. I don’t like the competition with Premier Kids, and it should remain a lower Lge trophy game. That’s why I don’t tend to watch this competition.

However the way this season is looking I’d like us to actually give it a go, and try and go as deep as possible.

I watched it, and was in disbelief. We should be rolling them kind of teams over, and sloppy mistakes from the goalkeeper costed us.

I thought Anderson, and Jones played very well that night. Couldn’t believe they wasn’t on the bench for the next Lge game. Then KR says they didn’t take there opportunity, but I would argue they were our best players against Chelsea youth.

I nothing better to do, and I didn’t watch the Orient game. I don’t like the competition with Premier Kids, and it should remain a lower Lge trophy game. That’s why I don’t tend to watch this competition.

However the way this season is looking I’d like us to actually give it a go, and try and go as deep as possible.
It seems to built in the budget to go quite far in the competition. I see a straightforward win with the injured players back.

Yep
I suspect we'll pick a very strong side in the hope that Sutton don't so we get any easy win

Tempted to go to this as not too far from me. Tickets are weird mind as they don't seem to be using the away end, just an option between being somewhere in the main grandstand at the side of the pitch, or anywhere you'd like in the terracing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom