Away Match Build Up 18/10/2022 EFL Trophy: Sutton United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Back to the EFL Trophy. Is this a must win?

For me yes!

Not so much to keep us in the competition, but to extend the winning running and build on the confidence.

We need this to be a win to try and build some momentum. 3 tough games coming up against promotion candidates, hitting form now would be huge. Gonna say 3-1 win, Joseph, Jones and Taylor. I hope we don't risk Baldock in this one and Murphy only gets another cameo from the bench. I'd hope/expect us to go for something like:

McGinty
Anderson Moore Findlay Seddon
Gorrin
Bodin CamBran
Jones Joseph Goodrham

Subs: Easty, Brown, Long, McGuane, Browne, Murphy, Taylor
Rest a good portion of the starting 11 from Saturday, keep in Joseph to try and get him more goals to really boost his confidence, Moore and Findlay are starting to build a decent partnership so let them continue building, and CamBran I'm confident could play 90 minutes every day of the week and still be brilliant most of the time. I must say it's nice to be able to name a bench of first team players too and not even be able to include all of them (Henry, Mous, Baldock) instead of having to use kids. As much as normally I'm all for giving the youngsters minutes in this trophy, we do need a win so only Goodrham makes my team as he's ready for the step up.

a win and no injuries please ....(even though I don't care much for this ridiculous competition- I was annoyed with myself for being miffed after chelseas kids got the win in the last game in this pizza trophy, -not even because the PL babies won, no, it was how they won , basically because the OUFC squad snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory)

McGinty
Long Moore Findlay Brown
McGuane Brannagan
Browne Bodin Murphy
Joseph​

3 changes - Eastwood, Henry, Taylor.

Keep the momentum.

Despise the premier league teams being involved, but always want us to win-of course.
2-3 victory.

Since you were last at Sutton there has been some significant improvements in the away end.
The new stand is fully open and behind it you will now find a fanzone with a bar and food outlet.

Turnstiles opening at 6.15 for away fans.
Food and drink will be available then.

Enjoy your visit!

Last edited:
Since you were last at Sutton there has been some significant improvements in the away end.
The new stand is fully open and behind it you will now find a fanzone with a bar and food outlet.

Enjoy your visit!
Thanks for info for my first visit. Can you buy a programme on the day ?

Enjoy your visit!

Thanks for the info but 'since our last visit'. Have we ever visited Sutton United before?!

Anyways, I'm invested in the PJT. The league is a waste of time this year as we're not good enough for anything other than mid-table at best so the cups are where the interest is for me. Navigate this and make a meh season worthwhile by winning a pointless trophy instead.

Lose and KR's goose could be cooked at Gander Green Lane.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info but 'since our last visit'. Have we ever visited Sutton United before?!
According to the bible that is RageOnline.co.uk, nope this will be the first match between the teams. One for the away ground completionists to tick off.

Anyways, I'm invested in the PJT. The league is a waste of time this year as we're not good enough for anything other than mid-table at best so the cups are where the interest is for me. Navigate this and make a meh season worthwhile by winning a pointless trophy instead.

Lose and KR's goose could be cooked at Gander Green Lane.
We certainly enjoyed our first year in the PJT.

How many will make the trip tomorrow?

Last edited:
Said this on the Exeter thread, but I'll reproduce it here where it fits better:

In an ideal world, I'd like to see:
90 minutes from McGinty, Golding (at CB!), Gorrin & Jones
75+ minutes from Anderson
60 minutes from Murphy
20 minutes from Baldock
Then fill in around them with whoever has the legs for it.

It's still a pointless competition, and we should be using it to build match fitness amongst our squad so that if we do ever need to use them in the league, they've had a bit of game time.

Said this on the Exeter thread, but I'll reproduce it here where it fits better:

60 minutes from Murphy
20 minutes from Baldock

It's still a pointless competition, and we should be using it to build match fitness amongst our squad so that if we do ever need to use them in the league, they've had a bit of game time.
Smyth

We need this to be a win to try and build some momentum. 3 tough games coming up against promotion candidates, hitting form now would be huge. Gonna say 3-1 win, Joseph, Jones and Taylor. I hope we don't risk Baldock in this one and Murphy only gets another cameo from the bench. I'd hope/expect us to go for something like:

McGinty
Anderson Moore Findlay Seddon
Gorrin
Bodin CamBran
Jones Joseph Goodrham

Subs: Easty, Brown, Long, McGuane, Browne, Murphy, Taylor
Rest a good portion of the starting 11 from Saturday, keep in Joseph to try and get him more goals to really boost his confidence, Moore and Findlay are starting to build a decent partnership so let them continue building, and CamBran I'm confident could play 90 minutes every day of the week and still be brilliant most of the time. I must say it's nice to be able to name a bench of first team players too and not even be able to include all of them (Henry, Mous, Baldock) instead of having to use kids. As much as normally I'm all for giving the youngsters minutes in this trophy, we do need a win so only Goodrham makes my team as he's ready for the step up.
How's baldock going to get my match fit if he doesn't get any time on the pitch?

60 minutes from Murphy
20 minutes from Baldock

Doubt the manager agrees with you unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom