30/8/2022 Papa John's Trophy OUFC v Leyton Orient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Can this end in a draw? Anybody know?

The EFL has confirmed all its member clubs in the competition will receive a £20,000 participation fee as well as a further £10,000 for each win in the group stage and £5,000 for a draw.

3 group wins for 30k 👍🏼

This will be tougher than we think with our squad at the minute .Orient are playing well and we haven't got much cohesion yet .Let's hope the kids put up a good fight. I wonder if Jones and Smyth will play ?

Jones and Smyth will surely play, no point them being here if they don’t. A chance to play Jones at right wing back? He is a right midfielder and we don’t actually have a right wing back but played that formation at the weekend so this is an opportunity for him and us. Smyth and Bate in the middle and rest what are now two of our most important players in CB and MM.

Well, as it's only a fiver each for us old timers, we have relented and bought tickets. Now, we'll be taking a pack of cards so, if we can just find two more going, we can make up a foursome for bridge?

Jones and Smyth will surely play, no point them being here if they don’t. A chance to play Jones at right wing back? He is a right midfielder and we don’t actually have a right wing back but played that formation at the weekend so this is an opportunity for him and us. Smyth and Bate in the middle and rest what are now two of our most important players in CB and MM.
I doubt it

The EFL has confirmed all its member clubs in the competition will receive a £20,000 participation fee as well as a further £10,000 for each win in the group stage and £5,000 for a draw.

3 group wins for 30k 👍🏼
Enough for a couple of new examination tables in the physio room...not to be sniffed at!

Do we have to pay any extra if the floodlights are on? If not it won’t effect us but with the rising energy costs that 10k will look a lot less, be more profitable to play the games during the day given how little gate money is bought in once costs are taken away, especially with IFollow money as well.

First time I'm actually looking forward to one of these pizza games - only because our youngsters are looking very exciting at the moment and I want to see more from them. Will still only watch on iFollow but that's more than I normally do for this trophy.

McGinty
Golding Mous Brown
Goodrham Johnson Smyth Seddon
O'Donkor Spasov

First time I'm actually looking forward to one of these pizza games - only because our youngsters are looking very exciting at the moment and I want to see more from them. Will still only watch on iFollow but that's more than I normally do for this trophy.

McGinty
Golding Mous Brown
Goodrham Johnson Smyth Seddon
O'Donkor Spasov

Well it's bold, but we were good with 10 men at the weekend I guess.

Young team plus players like Jones and Mous

Depends what team Orient put out but if near full strength

0-2

I want to know if a draw is followed by penalties, extra time, or just 1 point in the group table.

We all know that wins OFFICIALLY count and draws with subsequent defeats do not. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom