Away Match Day Thread +++ Peterborough Utd v OUFC - match day thread +++

oxajh said:
Eastwood
Long Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Sykes Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor Browne

3-1 Oxford

If all fit that's the side I would go with

That'll be my starting line up too, assuming Taylor and Henry have are fit enough.

Very happily take 3-1 to us, but right now I'll also take a draw.

(8 league games in February, if we can get 4 wins and 4 draws we should be back in the throng.)

All the people starting Taylor and Brannigan - do they play on Tuesday as well? And then again on Saturday after that?

All the people starting Taylor and Brannigan - do they play on Tuesday as well? And then again on Saturday after that?
I think that we have to try and get something out of today.
So if the medical team think that they can play, then play the best team.
Then if they are not ok for Tuesday rest them until Sunderland

I think that we have to try and get something out of today.
So if the medical team think that they can play, then play the best team.
Then if they are not ok for Tuesday rest them until Sunderland

Why are today’s three points on offer any more or less important that Tuesday’s though?

This is a bastard of a game. Peterborough 3 Oxford United 3 (Browne 2, Kelly) Att: 9895 and 849 United fans. A dog will run onto the pitch. Oxford players will play in just their pants and vests, which is KR's new strategy to confuse our opponents. Eastwood will start as centre forward, but be shown to be crap, so will go back in goal. 'Boro fans will be in a confused state, 'cos they're not used to winning, so will sing: "We're staying up!" instead of: "We're going up!" Their manager will resign after the game. A Russian, who was working at Chernobyl during the 80's, will be there, with four arms. He'll be waving four different flags and will be arrested. That just about does it for me. COYY
It’s that bloody damned dog.....why isn’t he banned if we were to run on the pitch we would be banned?

The first of some really tough games against promotion rivals. Peterborough are better than when we played them at the beginning of the season, but arguably we are too. They didn't like Fosu running at them and Brannagan looked the best player on the park. I'd like to think that Browne would give the pace to scare them and Brannagan, Sykes, Henry or Kelly could all boss the midfield.

I think a draw is most likely, but that's boring! So I'll predict a 2 nil away win with goals from Taylor and Browne.

Keep a clean sheet and we can win this. Agyei, Sykes and Browne to be our most influential players. Time for Mackie to have a rest on the bench. Start Taylor. Fingers crossed Henry has got his fitness back and game head on, if not, early sub with Kelly replacing. Mous to be our extra coach on the touch line with Moore starting.
And, please, please let Gorrin get through a game without a card!

Keep a clean sheet and we can win this. Agyei, Sykes and Browne to be our most influential players. Time for Mackie to have a rest on the bench. Start Taylor. Fingers crossed Henry has got his fitness back and game head on, if not, early sub with Kelly replacing. Mous to be our extra coach on the touch line with Moore starting.
And, please, please let Gorrin get through a game without a card!
If you keep a clean sheet in any game you can win!!

They aren't
But the next game is today's. So concentrate on that with our best team.
Then reassess as some may be fine Tuesday as well

Not only that, but stopping Peterborough getting 3 points today is more important than stopping Burton winning on Tuesday.
Ideally we win both, obviously.

Karl not on the bench today after his yellow card against Newcastle. Bad sign.

Interested to see what team we put out today - KR tends to not ring the changes, but with the amount of games we have, you can't blame him for rotating it a bit. Hope that Taylor starts.

COYFY!

EQQjIYXWAAslL6a.jpg:large

I tell you what, if they’re all fit, that’s a decent team that. Really good quality on the bench if needed, too.

Back
Top Bottom