Away Match Day Thread +++ Peterborough Utd v OUFC - match day thread +++

I just think we really need a win.

Agree and disagree.

I think the team could do with a win as it has been while since we last one and could be the trigger for an upturn in form. In terms to the whole season, I disagree as we would still be in the hunt even if we drop points and there are many points left to play for. I don't think the result tomorrow will make or break the season.

If we're still looking at automatics, a win would remove the risk of the gap widening, but a draw also means Peterborough drop points don't forget. I think it's more a psychological thing of building on the Newcastle performance and getting some momentum going by beating promotion rivals, as well as proving that we have the squad fitness to play and compete in two games per week throughout Feb. Not a must-win, but if we did win, it would be bloody awesome

A difficult game this one , they do have the goals in them , so our back line needs to be the knights in this game.
And Eastwood at his best , if we can hold our line , l would take the draw. I know others would say a win , but l think it’s a big ask especially after all the effort of the Newcastle game.
1-1 . 756 away fans .

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Henry Gorrin Sykes
Holland Taylor Browne

SUBS: Mackie, Agyei, Kelly, Thorne, Brannagan, Moore, Stevens​

Brannagan has played a hello of a lot of minutes so soon after his return from injury, and clearly felt his hamstring before coming off on Tuesday, and as much as we’d all like him to start, Robbo’s got to be sensible, and give him a rest.

Don’t think Kelly or Thorne are ready to start yet, but it’s the perfect time to keep giving them plenty of minutes during this busy month of games to get them up to speed, and the same goes for Agyei, who is really knocking on the door for a start now.

It’s gonna be a really tough game, Tuesday will have taken a lot out of the players, but it’s a six pointer tomorrow, and we’re simply not in a position to rest them all, so they’re gonna have to knuckle under, and get the win!

COYY

Would take a draw right now.
They are a really good side, I think there will be lots of twists and turns before the end of the season.
Look how Wycombe lost four on the trot but now they are still up there.Rotherham had a great run but then lost a few.
If we can keep winning at home and drawing with the top sides away and beating the lower sides away we could be right in the mix.Could be 6/8 teams going for top two spots with a few games left.

Sorry to be That Guy, but I dont think we'll have neough in the tank to get anything here. Posh are looking unreal at the minute - in their last four games, theyve put four past each of Wycombe and Ipswich (the latter at their place) and beaten a Rotherham side who gave us a fair old run around (and also won the fourth game away at Accy, so 4 very impressive wins in 4). Even with our strongest team all fit and in form this would be tough, so after the mentally and physically exhausting near-miracle of Tuesday night and big players still struggling for fitness I cant see it I'm afraid. 2-0 Posh.

Hope the likes of Kelly, Bran and Thorne get minutes to continue their gradual reclaiming of fitness with some good minutes. And obviously desperate for a win! Just cant help but feel this fixture has come at pretty much the worst possible time for us.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Henry Gorrin Sykes
Holland Taylor Browne

SUBS: Mackie, Agyei, Kelly, Thorne, Brannagan, Moore, Stevens​

Brannagan has played a hello of a lot of minutes so soon after his return from injury, and clearly felt his hamstring before coming off on Tuesday, and as much as we’d all like him to start, Robbo’s got to be sensible, and give him a rest.

Don’t think Kelly or Thorne are ready to start yet, but it’s the perfect time to keep giving them plenty of minutes during this busy month of games to get them up to speed, and the same goes for Agyei, who is really knocking on the door for a start now.

It’s gonna be a really tough game, Tuesday will have taken a lot out of the players, but it’s a six pointer tomorrow, and we’re simply not in a position to rest them all, so they’re gonna have to knuckle under, and get the win!

COYY
I reckon Forde will be on the bench. Probably instead of Agyei who if that happens can count himself really unlucky!!

Of course we would take a draw at London Road, however we have more than enough in our locker to win this game, just look at some of the players that will be named as substitutes tomorrow players like Thorne, Forde, Brannigan, Moore, Kelly, Agyei etc, we have strength in depth who can fit in at any time and the players starting against Peterborough will be more than up for it especially as Gorrin and Browne only got just more than an hours play on Tuesday.....!
its important we don’t lose, however it is more important to get the win..
4 lincoln yellows setting off for this one at 10.30am, a few drinks, something to eat and 3 points for OUFC....

Wonder if Sykes will start. Hopefully the young players are fit enough to go again for 90 minutes interesting to see who Karl plays

Agree and disagree.

I think the team could do with a win as it has been while since we last one and could be the trigger for an upturn in form. In terms to the whole season, I disagree as we would still be in the hunt even if we drop points and there are many points left to play for. I don't think the result tomorrow will make or break the season.
Didn't we beat Blackpool last league game?

Back
Top Bottom