Matches Oxford v Pompey 10k+

I'll do a check later today and enter the data onto my trusty home attendance spreadsheet. I'll then do what I did for the Wednesday game and post sporadic updates (tickets sold and final attendance forecast) through this week, and every day next week, as it seemed popular last time out.

If @Thecurraghofkildare does what he did last time too, that would be a great help, and avoid me going completely "Dot Crazy"!!!

It will be good to get an indication of our sales at this stage, and how that compares to "normal" matches. Pompey is one of those games that people look out for at the beginning of the season and I know a few people who add this to Boxing Day as the games they get along to. With January being a long month we may see an influx of sales following pay day and after signings are announced, but we all need to keep the interest going!!

Slightly off topic but does anyone think we can beat our attendance average from our first season back in League 1? We averaged 8297 that year compared to 7671 so far this year, so it’s a big gap to make up but almost all of our remaining home games are going to push our average up, and no home Tuesday games for the rest of the season either and playing the likes of Pompey, Sunderland and MK Dons on bank holiday Monday are all going to be big crowds, as should Doncaster on the final day

Slightly off topic but does anyone think we can beat our attendance average from our first season back in League 1? We averaged 8297 that year compared to 7671 so far this year, so it’s a big gap to make up but almost all of our remaining home games are going to push our average up, and no home Tuesday games for the rest of the season either and playing the likes of Pompey, Sunderland and MK Dons on bank holiday Monday are all going to be big crowds, as should Doncaster on the final day
If we do it’ll be a great achievement given many have been staying away due to having covid or being fearful of it.

We're averaging 8327 per game on Saturdays and still have some big games to come. We would need to average around 9,500 for each of the remaining home games to exceed the average from our first season in league 1, but that is entirely possible.

Portsmouth - should be 10k+
Bolton - Between 9-10k (hopefully top end with a push)
Cambridge - a game I'd look to engage families as it is during half term similar offers to Morecambe perhaps?
Burton - beginning of March, payday deal perhaps? Or double up with Cambridge game?
Ipswich - Between 9-10k or higher if still top 6
Sunderland - 10k+ and pushing a sell out if still challenging
MK Dons - same as Sunderland especially as Easter Monday.
Doncaster - last game of the season, 10k+ or home sell out unless the wheels have come off.

Lots to keep pushing, but certainty no reason why we can't make this the best season in years on and off the pitch.

Funny enough, I was looking at this earlier on this morning!

By my guesstimations, and on the assumption that we carry on pushing for promotion, and that we don't lose any of the big Saturday games to Covid, I think we might just beat it. Probably 8,500 is the best we can realistically hope for this season, as our average has been hit by having a number of midweek games against crap opposition earlier in the season (where gates are significantly lower than average) and we've been playing catch up ever since.

Given the circumstances (Covid/Kasam Stadium etc) it would be a decent achievement, and something to build on next season if we're still in this league, and something we'd comfortably surpass if we're in the one above.

Funny enough, I was looking at this earlier on this morning!

By my guesstimations, and on the assumption that we carry on pushing for promotion, and that we don't lose any of the big Saturday games to Covid, I think we might just beat it. Probably 8,500 is the best we can realistically hope for this season, as our average has been hit by having a number of midweek games against crap opposition earlier in the season (where gates are significantly lower than average) and we've been playing catch up ever since.

Given the circumstances (Covid/Kasam Stadium etc) it would be a decent achievement, and something to build on next season if we're still in this league, and something we'd comfortably surpass if we're in the one above.
Funny to think you once walked in the lands of footballing sub cultures and now you’re Captain of the Geekazoids

We're averaging 8327 per game on Saturdays and still have some big games to come. We would need to average around 9,500 for each of the remaining home games to exceed the average from our first season in league 1, but that is entirely possible.

Portsmouth - should be 10k+
Bolton - Between 9-10k (hopefully top end with a push)
Cambridge - a game I'd look to engage families as it is during half term similar offers to Morecambe perhaps?
Burton - beginning of March, payday deal perhaps? Or double up with Cambridge game?
Ipswich - Between 9-10k or higher if still top 6
Sunderland - 10k+ and pushing a sell out if still challenging
MK Dons - same as Sunderland especially as Easter Monday.
Doncaster - last game of the season, 10k+ or home sell out unless the wheels have come off.

Lots to keep pushing, but certainty no reason why we can't make this the best season in years on and off the pitch.

Looking at that list of fixtures, for those without a season ticket the "Flexi ticket" looks like a great deal - Any 6 games for £115. Especially if you prefer sitting in the North Stand or SSL. Average £19.16 per game. Nearly £5 saving per match. Details of how to buy is under ticket section, then near bottom of tab under "Flexi ticket"

As said, 6 games for £115 gives a saving of around £30 and gives the guarantee of making some huge fixtures towards the end of the season! What's not to like!!

My brother and my nephew coming to the Pompey game, nephew tested positive on Saturday morning so got a ticket refund for the sheff Wednesday game.

Back
Top Bottom