OUSP News

If you can't get to the exhibition, then please complete the feedback form online. It's important to get your views into the planning mix.
Absolutely.
Most of the form is a tick box style questionnaire and then the opportunity to write your thoughts etc in full. A tip: it is possible to expand the boxes from the bottom right hand corner to make life easier! Also, if you create a word document and write this out first, a cut and paste job is simple. (or, as I did, the other way round to keep as a reminder of what I had written)

****Stadium Webinar****
The next Stand United webinar will take place on Thursday 16th Nov at 6pm. You can register to attend on the link below.

Having read through the minutes, I noted, with some concern, mention of how the club envisage the format for future Fans Forum.

Fan Forums – 2 per season run by OUSP and OxVox, endorsed by club. Likely format one early in season with head coach, one Feb/Mar with CEO.

This raises several questions in my mind.
1. If OUSP and OxVox are to "run" this new format, does that mean they will be responsible for a meeting location, and the related cost?
2. Why, if there will only be two per season would barely any club officers/staff be attending? - one with head coach, the other with CEO. This will place enormous restrictions on what can be discussed and what answers will be forthcoming.
3. This appears to be a foregone conclusion from the club. Where was the discussion, the arguments against such an arbitrary decision?

This decision, if it is a final decision, completely reverses the accepted format whereby the club provides representatives from all of the club to answer the, fully expected, multiplicity of topics brought forward by supporters.
Truly, a very lamentable response from the club and, sadly, not unexpected given the recent dodging of actually holding the promised fans forum
from the start of the season.

I would hope that OxVox are already formulating a more robust response to this.

Having read through the minutes, I noted, with some concern, mention of how the club envisage the format for future Fans Forum.

Fan Forums – 2 per season run by OUSP and OxVox, endorsed by club. Likely format one early in season with head coach, one Feb/Mar with CEO.

This raises several questions in my mind.
1. If OUSP and OxVox are to "run" this new format, does that mean they will be responsible for a meeting location, and the related cost?
2. Why, if there will only be two per season would barely any club officers/staff be attending? - one with head coach, the other with CEO. This will place enormous restrictions on what can be discussed and what answers will be forthcoming.
3. This appears to be a foregone conclusion from the club. Where was the discussion, the arguments against such an arbitrary decision?

This decision, if it is a final decision, completely reverses the accepted format whereby the club provides representatives from all of the club to answer the, fully expected, multiplicity of topics brought forward by supporters.
Truly, a very lamentable response from the club and, sadly, not unexpected given the recent dodging of actually holding the promised fans forum
from the start of the season.

I would hope that OxVox are already formulating a more robust response to this.
I noted that too.

It's as if they view it as an onerous task, rather than a chance to create a "One Club" mentality.

The change in format for the Fans Forum is being lead (by the club) with a reference to yet another format in supporter liaison with the following mentioned in the minutes:
The strategy will establish a Club Advisory Board (CAB). The CAB will have 6 members including one each from OxVox and OUSP, plus four others. The CAB will consider strategic and governance issues as well as matchday issues. It will be important that CAB members have appropriate skills. Appointments process will follow FSA recommendations and be by nomination and selection board. Meetings would always have SLO + CCMO attending, plus relevant senior staff e.g. CEO/Chair.

This appears to be a further step by the club to dilute contact with supporters and, more worryingly, the already existing supporter groups. This is not acceptable.

The change in format for the Fans Forum is being lead (by the club) with a reference to yet another format in supporter liaison with the following mentioned in the minutes:
The strategy will establish a Club Advisory Board (CAB). The CAB will have 6 members including one each from OxVox and OUSP, plus four others. The CAB will consider strategic and governance issues as well as matchday issues. It will be important that CAB members have appropriate skills. Appointments process will follow FSA recommendations and be by nomination and selection board. Meetings would always have SLO + CCMO attending, plus relevant senior staff e.g. CEO/Chair.

This appears to be a further step by the club to dilute contact with supporters and, more worryingly, the already existing supporter groups. This is not acceptable.
OUSP diluted OxVox. Thin end of the wedge, perhaps?

CAB/FAB/SAB organisations exist right through football. If they're done properly, they can work.

FSA best practise document, here: https://thefsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/What-is-a-supporter-advisory-board-SAB.pdf

The strategy will establish a Club Advisory Board (CAB). The CAB will have 6 members including one each from OxVox and OUSP, plus four others. The CAB will consider strategic and governance issues as well as matchday issues.
Jesus f*****g Christ! 😂

This is genuinely on a par with Father Ted’s classic “is there anything to be said for another mass?” scene. Yet another panel (it’s a board, you idiot) made up of a panel and a panel (it’s a supporters’ trust, you buffoon) only this one will seemingly be club controlled and feature “four others”. Who are they and why will they get to structure policy on behalf of everybody? Can they be elected by the fan base and can they be removed? Also, isn’t this what the supporters’ panel was meant to be for? Why do we need another panel?

Anyone would think it’s about nothing more than adding another layer of separation between the club and the unwashed. Props for them trying to get away with making out that two “forums” in the proposed format doesn’t provide far less access than one where there are 4/5 members of staff present from across the business structure. Like watching someone trade a £20 note for two fivers while proclaiming, “No way - now you’ve got two notes instead of one! Jealous!”

What a load of B*****s.

OUSP diluted OxVox. Thin end of the wedge, perhaps?

CAB/FAB/SAB organisations exist right through football. If they're done properly, they can work.

FSA best practise document, here: https://thefsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/What-is-a-supporter-advisory-board-SAB.pdf

Some of us tried to tell people, we were shouted down.

It would have been far more beneficial if the volunteers had offered their service to our democratic, independent supporters body who could have held more seats on a SAB.

You reap what you sow and they fell for it.

Divide & conquer and all that........

Jesus f*****g Christ! 😂

This is genuinely on a par with Father Ted’s classic “is there anything to be said for another mass?” scene. Yet another panel (it’s a board, you idiot) made up of a panel and a panel (it’s a supporters’ trust, you buffoon) only this one will seemingly be club controlled and feature “four others”. Who are they and why will they get to structure policy on behalf of everybody? Can they be elected by the fan base and can they be removed? Also, isn’t this what the supporters’ panel was meant to be for? Why do we need another panel?

Anyone would think it’s about nothing more than adding another layer of separation between the club and the unwashed. Props for them trying to get away with making out that two “forums” in the proposed format doesn’t provide far less access than one where there are 4/5 members of staff present from across the business structure. Like watching someone trade a £20 note for two fivers while proclaiming, “No way - now you’ve got two notes instead of one! Jealous!”

What a load of B*****s.

Nailed it. :)

I appreciate the efforts by the OUSP committee but I have to say that engagement with the fans from the club has got much worse since they started. The supporters liaison officer is unapproachable. OXVOX are much more independent and helpful with challenging the club. The owners are walking all over us fans due to the ineffective ‘supporters group’.

I appreciate the efforts by the OUSP committee but I have to say that engagement with the fans from the club has got much worse since they started. The supporters liaison officer is unapproachable. OXVOX are much more independent and helpful with challenging the club. The owners are walking all over us fans due to the ineffective ‘supporters group’.
I'm not convinced that OxVox are doing any better. Can you give an example where they have been proactive and visible?

You will see the SLO on match days walking round the stadium and is approachable. On non match days he would either be at the ground or the training ground and I’m sure if you ring OUFC they will be able to guide you as to which site he is at.

Would like to note reading the minutes of November OUSP meeting that I appreciate that there will be a colour blind audit for new stadium. However I have pointed out several times how ifollow app continues to have red on black tab keys which are not fun as are blue on red. Many more males are affected by red/green field blindness than myself as a mild female sufferer.

My personal disappointment is that OxVox didn`t consider it important enough for a ballot of the membership. Still there we are, that why we elect folk to make decisions.*

*With the caveat that OUSP aren`t elected or responsible to anyone.

My personal disappointment is that OxVox didn`t consider it important enough for a ballot of the membership. Still there we are, that why we elect folk to make decisions.*

*With the caveat that OUSP aren`t elected or responsible to anyone.

Can you remind me of when the last OxVox election took place?

Can you remind me of when the last OxVox election took place?
Nominations were invited in August 2022 and results announced at the trust AGM in October 2022. Next annual election is now due and we'll be inviting nominations shortly, AGM date will be in early 2024. Two or three months later than we would have liked but we've been a bit busy with 📐 related stuff.

Having 2 supporters groups is distracting, can't they merge & become as one. All singing off the same page as one group. The ox vox supporters pannel 🧟🧟

Back
Top Bottom