OUSP News

is that the wheelchair / bicycle ramp , which enters / exits close to the steel wall behind north stand- if the wall is closed ( which it usually is when there's big crowds) the steps n slopes are gridlocked, and almost no one uses the ramp to exit
Yep there is a ramp there for bicycles and wheelchair users ... Haha that steel wall what a pointless pile of s**t that is honestly what is the point to it

Three of my personal highlights from the latest OUSP minutes, in no particular order:

1) The messaging that Grant Ferguson can’t tell people anything that any other senior member of staff can, despite it being on record that the entire reason a fans’ forum likely can’t happen until March is because it has to fit in with Grant’s schedule. So he’s both necessary and unnecessary, depending on the mood.

2) The suggestion that engagement and communication can’t be that shite if people are able to tell them it’s shite in the first place, while completely overlooking that the club breaking its own promises regarding these things is the main driver of supporter (customer) dissatisfaction in said areas.

3) JG failing to answer a simple question about how his presence would impact the engagement habits of the SLO in favour of explaining just how senior he is within the internal management structure. He’s on the same level as the CCO and the Chief of Staff, and it’s very important that people know.

Looking forward to the club hiring in more pyro soon, though. Perhaps for the fans’ forum, so that Grant can go full Peter Wright with his entrance? He can do the crowd walk to the stage, dance between the plinths while making sure his Mohawk doesn’t catch fire, before disappearing offstage without a word.

Three of my personal highlights from the latest OUSP minutes, in no particular order:

1) The messaging that Grant Ferguson can’t tell people anything that any other senior member of staff can, despite it being on record that the entire reason a fans’ forum likely can’t happen until March is because it has to fit in with Grant’s schedule. So he’s both necessary and unnecessary, depending on the mood.

2) The suggestion that engagement and communication can’t be that shite if people are able to tell them it’s shite in the first place, while completely overlooking that the club breaking its own promises regarding these things is the main driver of supporter (customer) dissatisfaction in said areas.

3) JG failing to answer a simple question about how his presence would impact the engagement habits of the SLO in favour of explaining just how senior he is within the internal management structure. He’s on the same level as the CCO and the Chief of Staff, and it’s very important that people know.

Looking forward to the club hiring in more pyro soon, though. Perhaps for the fans’ forum, so that Grant can go full Peter Wright with his entrance? He can do the crowd walk to the stage, dance between the plinths while making sure his Mohawk doesn’t catch fire, before disappearing offstage without a word.
Well said

Be fair, if a mere functionary had told you that communication is just fine because you can always write a question and have it read out you wouldn't have liked it at all. Whereas coming from a member of senior management it's much better.

Did nobody in the room hit the table, express surprise, or gasp?

Still, we know where we stand. Where do OUSP and OxVox stand (or is it kneel)?

This is on the money!

I’m staggered that the official line from the club is so flippant towards its supporters > customers.

I’ve wondered for some time just what the point of the OUSP is and I’m even more unsure having seen these latest minutes. Through no fault of its own, but what is the panel actually achieving?

The club responses are flippant, defensive and offer no comfort that those staff on the ground and supposedly acting for the fans, are doing so with us at the heart of the decision making.

As for the Ferguson point, Its an absolute joke.

So Ferguson/club has employed someone else to do Ferguson’s job, while Ferguson still gets paid not to do Ferguson’s job.

This is on the money!

I’m staggered that the official line from the club is so flippant towards its supporters > customers.

I’ve wondered for some time just what the point of the OUSP is and I’m even more unsure having seen these latest minutes. Through no fault of its own, but what is the panel actually achieving?

The club responses are flippant, defensive and offer no comfort that those staff on the ground and supposedly acting for the fans, are doing so with us at the heart of the decision making.

As for the Ferguson point, Its an absolute joke.
OxVox not faring much better, judging by their latest update. The chuckle bros. are intent on distancing themselves from us scurvy lot.

I do hate it when the response is that's what other clubs do, let's be original and not just hide behind issues because other clubs make the same mistakes.

This concerns me .
I do have a vested interest, I attend every away game and use the coach .
I appreciate we have benefited over the years from unlimited parking at the Kassam.
Deterring overnight parking is mentioned .
As mentioned LRTC members could be affected.
The Carlisle coach left at 07:00 and returned at 23:00.
The Wigan coach left Tuesday afternoon around 3 PM and returned around 02:25.

Attachments

• IMG_9384.png
    IMG_9384.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
This concerns me .
I appreciate we have benefited over the years from unlimited parking at the Kassam.
Deterring overnight parking is mentioned .
As mentioned LRTC members could be affected.
The Carlisle coach left at 07:00 and returned at 23:00.
The Wigan coach left Tuesday afternoon around 3 PM and returned around 02:25.

Its difficult because of the stadium situation and the fact that we don't have any rights to the carpark.

Its difficult because of the stadium situation and the fact that we don't have any rights to the carpark.

Wasn't the original agreement between OCC and Kassam that car parking had to be provided for free, hence why we actually have semi-decent parking for a football stadium (ignoring the issues getting in and out)?

Wasn't the original agreement between OCC and Kassam that car parking had to be provided for free, hence why we actually have semi-decent parking for a football stadium (ignoring the issues getting in and out)?

And I believe that this will still be the case for matchdays but it will potentially impact those who park at the stadium before getting on the buses for away travel.

And I believe that this will still be the case for matchdays but it will potentially impact those who park at the stadium before getting on the buses for away travel.
The irony of the suggestion that Kassam would spend money on ANPR technology, signage and enforcement but, cannot lift a finger to actually maintain the car park surface and renew the lignage. He ignores the faded zebra crossing, allows the plants to grow out of control and ignores non-functioning lighting. But, has it within his money grasping claws to see a potential income from those who might "overstay" their welcome. Unreal.

So much in those minutes not to like.

Two things that I personally am not happy with is the situation regarding half-season tickets. Firstly, it was not just the Portsmouth match that was impacted. The seat my brother purchased a half-season ticket for was not available for both Cambridge and Derby County, a fact that we were not made aware of at the time of purchase, nor in the time between the purchase and the Cambridge match. We did not find out, in fact, until we arrived at the ground only for my brother's ticket not to scan as a ticket had already been used for his seat. We then had to queue at the ticket office for 10-15 minutes waiting to be given a replacement ticket several rows away. In fairness to Lee Barton, he acknowledged the error and relocated whoever had purchased a ticket in the seat for the Derby match, but I still feel it was incredibly poor and another example of the club's substandard communication with fans. Re the Portsmouth match - holding the seat now is no good, it had already been sold by the time we attempted to purchase a ticket the day after the fixture went on sale...

Secondly, the dismissive, wave of the hand 'it's the nature of it' response to the question regarding holding ST seats for FA Cup matches has royally pissed me off. Season ticket holders are your core fanbase. They pay/commit money up front at the start of a season to be able to sit in a specific seat, and probably make up 75-80% of the attendance at the early round, non-glamorous FA cup ties. Is it really so unreasonable to hold their seats for, say, 48 hours? It really is just P**s-poor customer management.

Another issue I'd like to re-raise (having done so several times in the past) is that of away fans in the VIP section behind the Director's Box in the SSU. Against Derby, there must've been 30+ in there, who openly celebrated each of Derby's goals with increasing fervour. As if conceding a late winner wasn't frustrating enough, I had to bite my tongue as the Derby fans just an aisle over were cheering without any fear of retribution. In the past I've found myself politely shouting over at away fans to kindly f**k off to the away end, but nowadays I've resigned myself to not saying anything and just accepting it as another factor that makes the matchday experience of watching Oxford so crap.

There is such a disconnect between club and fans at present that only seems to be increasing. It appears that the fanbase is powerless to do anything about it as the club simply doesn't want to improve the situation. In the near future (or medium term, depending on what 'coming weeks' actually means), they will call on us to help with the stadium approval, but it's starting to feel like we're the friend-zoned geek who does the cheerleader's homework each week, only for her to continually turn her nose up at his feeble attempts at romance. Eventually we will realise she will never love us, stop doing her homework and move on to the mathlete who doesn't realise she's actually kind of cute (not sure this part of the analogy holds up but I'm too invested in the story at this point).

As others have said, I simply do not get what the senior management (oooh - check them out) are trying to achieve with this approach. It is not conducive to a good atmosphere on matchdays and it could seriously backfire on the stadium front. A UNITED club and fanbase will increase chances of success on the pitch and ensure we're all fully engaged with the stadium approval process at the times when the club needs us to be.

Tim, Grant - sort it out.

It's almost like the club are thinking "Ah well they fell for the panel, so we will keep them at arms length until the "Customer Advisory Board" is set up".

Wonder how that will work? Another group of unelected, unaccountable volunteers having the wool pulled firmly over their eyes?

Please respond via Pumble.

I don't actually blame the OUSP they were set up not everyone wants/ wanted them but they are there and they try and do their best they have made some improvements.... The board have basically taken a stance of we don't care what you say or what you think I believe in their minds they think if we lose a thousand fans ( sorry customers) we will just get new ones I'm sorry it really doesn't work like that we are a league one team we're not man United. I have a feeling aswel that's fans are so concerned what will happen in 2026 that they are afraid to call the board out incase it pisses the owners off

That's just my thoughts it's probably wide of the mark 😀

I don't actually blame the OUSP they were set up not everyone wants/ wanted them but they are there and they try and do their best they have made some improvements.... The board have basically taken a stance of we don't care what you say or what you think I believe in their minds they think if we lose a thousand fans ( sorry customers) we will just get new ones I'm sorry it really doesn't work like that we are a league one team we're not man United. I have a feeling aswel that's fans are so concerned what will happen in 2026 that they are afraid to call the board out incase it pisses the owners off

That's just my thoughts it's probably wide of the mark 😀
fair assesment @oufc1991

Interestingly your comment re fans being concerned etc in fear of pissing off the owners, there was an implied 'answer' in one of yesterdays appendix responses ( regarding moving kick off times to comply with TVP demands- BR chose to ignore Avon & Somerset constabulary advice, and the kick off is at 3pm)- the new chappy spouts off about safety being paramount , ( IMO bullshit) and listening to intelligence gathered by TVP ( again - bullshit IMO) , totally ignoring what the question asked. Implication (veiled) being we know best and wont rock the boat in case we P**s off TVP. Thats how it seems to me. Fact is TVP are there to police , paid for by council tax payers , many of whom are football supporters. Ive not seen music festival in the area have start /finish times changed on advice of TVP for instance. This new chappy comes over very badly IMO based on his responses to supporters questions raised by OUSP

The appointed OUFC lackeys installed to liaise with OUSP are there it seems to say NO to just about everything raised- these management bullies need to face a full fans forum and be called out for their continual tactics of blocking everything on behalf of OUFC . lets see how they really are when robustly questioned about their actions

Last edited:
It was raised on the pre match Rovers thread that home fans could buy tickets for £10 in their new stand. Whereas away fans were charged much more for either terrace or seats.

Did OUFC agree to this ? There is a four times per season discount for home fans that can be done with either equivalent for away fans , or the away team waives their discount.

A few fans were able to move for terrace to the seats during the match but that wasn’t something I knew of before the game and they would have paid full price anyway.

If I’d known there were £10 seats behind the goal I’d have gone there.

Back
Top Bottom