Current Player Oisin Smyth

Seemed OK. Not a lot of pace, but if he played as a CDM (which is what I think he is) that's not too much of a problem. It would also allow Brannagan and/or McGuane a bit further forwards.
Yeah I was expecting him to go into CDM and push Brannagan forward today. Think shorty played it a bit safe there.

Not for me.

Bate is hugely overrated.

I wouldn't say he's overrated but he is too similar to Brannagan. We need some steal in midfield.

Smyth looked promising and it's a shame he has missed the majority of the season after he was involved in a prank that didn't go down well.

He did well today considering he was thrown in having barely had a kick all season. Took him 10 minutes to get up to speed and would have been nice to take his chance on goal but hardly surprising given how he has been treated up until now…poor guy would have been out the door at the end of the season if Karl was still in charge. Now he has a chance to prove himself.

Very disappointing it's taken so long to see him. He obviously has something but he's no way ready to do 90 minutes. He was blowing out his hoop with 5 minutes to go today, which is understandable given his lack of game time.

And the lad just loves a one two! Not sure Sam Long was so happy with some of them though.
Good start from him considering no game time. Good to see a midfielder breaking to the box as well for his chance, not something we’ve seen for a while.

Yep, when was the last time we saw an Oxford midfielder break into the box? It was good to see despite the disappointing finish, and that’s not his game by all accounts he’s a defensive midfielder.

We‘ve been crying out for a DCM for the last 14 months since Gorrin got injured, to allow the likes of Brannigan, Bate and McGuane to get forward more, as well as protecting the back 4. It really was awful management from Robinson, he’s a cretin.

Had some nice touches and played further forward than I expected. Physically different to any other options in midfield. A bit one paced but confident on the ball.

Farcical it’s taken 14months to get a League debut - with more minutes he can be a decent option.

To think we have played Bodin , Browne, Joseph in the midfield three with Smyth nowhere to be seen is frankly shocking even by Robbos standards this season !

It’s amazing that Williams allowed Robinson to get away with his nasty little vendettas against certain players, just because Robinson licked his a**e.

I backed KR but this looks criminal that he hasn’t really blooded Smyth. For a player who isn’t up to speed in L1 football I thought he was more than decent. Got caught a few times in possession and one or two loose cross field passes but used the ball really well at times and cleverly too, didn’t always pick the safe and easy pass. Definitely looks an option for us from now on.

I've said it before, but I have a very good contact in the Northern Ireland FA. They have been completely baffled all season. Thought Smyth was easily L1 standard and couldn't understand why he wasn't even making the match day squads. It's almost as though KR was refusing to pick him because of a petty vendetta .

Got to love the number of otherwise staunch KR defenders all suddenly 'Smyth can play' and 'Jones could have been an option' and 'maybe Taylor could still do a job'.

The slowest dropping penny in history.

For me it actually looks like Robinson wouldn’t give Smyth a chance this season in case he played well and would be forced to play him more, which is putting his own personal vendetta over the clubs well being and the player’s career, which is both petty behaviour and gross misconduct.

Absolutely mental to think a blow up doll might play a part in getting us relegated, at least when players were shoving bananas up youth team players mate arses we were mid table.