Current Player Oisin Smyth

As others have said, thought Smyth looked useful, hopefully gives us something we have not had all season, but have so desperately needed, a physical CDM

Not for me.

Bate is hugely overrated.
I actually agree with this, but only to a point, he can look fantastic in the middle of the park at times, but both defensive, and more importantly offensive output, in my opinion, has been very poor.

The other puzzle is why the heck didn’t the the 2 loanee clubs he went to keep him?
With a bit of match practice he wouldn’t look out of place in lge 1.

Smyth looked decent but its asking a lot of him to get up to speed in such a short space of time to make a difference to this team, our former manager's personal agenda has denied us a good player that it looks like we could have needed.

Under Manning there is a possibility that he could be converted to be a decent ball playing centre half in a 3. A decent size, seems quite tidy with the ball at his feet, looks quite athletic and will improve with more games, can tackle. Maybe lacks long pass ranges but has a lot else going for him.

And on the subject of Robinson's exiled players, can't we still recall Jones? If we can why don't we.

Positive display from Smyth yesterday and a potential contender to replace Henry if he's crooked. It's a big ask seeing that his progress has be stalled since the day he signed but he definitely seems capable. Had the flair of Mark Sykes at times and despite a few sloppy balls, he certainly is good on the ball.

And on the subject of Robinson's exiled players, can't we still recall Jones? If we can why don't we.
We technically could (as non-league), but Robinson had the clause kept in saying he couldn't be recalled.
Thanks Karl, tw*t!

I watched the Notts County game on tv last night and didn’t realise he was on the pitch until he got subbed off! I really don’t think Jodi Jones is the answer.

You might be right, JJ might not be the answer. Having said that, it’s pretty safe to say that Murphy, Konate, Smith and Fleming don’t appear to be the answer either, do they?

Difference being, they have all been given a chance and in Murphy’s case, are actively taking the Michael out of the football club to the tune of £7k+ a week.

I watched the Notts County game on tv last night and didn’t realise he was on the pitch until he got subbed off! I really don’t think Jodi Jones is the answer.

Maybe, maybe not, but it would be nice to have the option of calling him back.

Jones instead of Anderson against Derby certainly wouldn’t have weakened us.

You might be right, JJ might not be the answer. Having said that, it’s pretty safe to say that Murphy, Konate, Smith and Fleming don’t appear to be the answer either, do they?

Difference being, they have all been given a chance and in Murphy’s case, are actively taking the Michael out of the football club to the tune of £7k+ a week.
Was wondering where you were EC?hadn’t seen your posts for a while.

Steve you writ off Smyth because of a failed loan at Solihull.

Funny how you watched the one Notts game he’s been average in considering they’ve been on the telly nearly every week and he’s got 2 MOTM awards off Bt.

Agendas and all that though.

Steve you writ off Smyth because of a failed loan at Solihull.

Funny how you watched the one Notts game he’s been average in considering they’ve been on the telly nearly every week and he’s got 2 MOTM awards off Bt.

Agendas and all that though.
Where have I written Smyth off? I was happy when he joined and have since said that earlier in the season that he was probably not ready for the 1st team. The fact a league 2 club didn’t want to loan him after seeing him in training for a week and struggling at Solihull would suggest that he wasn’t ready.
Due to lack of available numbers Smyth has now got a chance to show what he can do and let’s hope it goes the same way as when McNally got his chance due to injuries and suspensions.

No agenda here, I leave those sort of things to you.

Might be a quiet week for you as I am away most of the week and won’t be posting much on here so you won’t have to worry about your notifications going off every time I post 😘

I’ve been saying that I thought Smyth should have been involved with the team/squad since seeing him play against WBA in the ire-season friendly, and challenged Karl at the Fans Forum in December, so it was good to see him finally get some game time.

I thought he had a few good passes etc, good getting forward, and a good engine considering the lack of game time, but I thought he also had a couple of howlers (passes), the good thing though was he tracked back after errors to get the ball back. It was just a shame his goal chance came so early and with a Derby defender on his back doing enough to make him take the shot early, but good to see him in that position.

Hope he gets more game time, and hopefully playing more in the CDM role rather than further up the field.

Last edited:
Why can’t people lay off Murphy and just give him a chance to rehabilitate himself ? Seriously, what good is it doing ? Yeah he’s been poor considering his reputation but it’s a bit tiresome to keep banging the same boring bloody drum just because of some childish agenda that he’s Robinsons mate. As far as I’m concerned Robinson is history, gone, done. New era from tomorrow, level playing field, slate wiped lean, get behind Manning and EVERY player. **sorry, might be wrong thread**

Why can’t people lay off Murphy and just give him a chance to rehabilitate himself ? Seriously, what good is it doing ? Yeah he’s been poor considering his reputation but it’s a bit tiresome to keep banging the same boring bloody drum just because of some childish agenda that he’s Robinsons mate. As far as I’m concerned Robinson is history, gone, done. New era from tomorrow, level playing field, slate wiped lean, get behind Manning and EVERY player. **sorry, might be wrong thread**

‘Rehabilitate himself’ from what?