Current Player #25 Oisin Smyth

Smyth has arguably been our best player in recent league games, then dropped for Long and then Negru.
He has looked better than both in the right sided centre defender position. His distribution is far better than both and he scored.

Smyth has arguably been our best player in recent league games, then dropped for Long and then Negru.
He has looked better than both in the right sided centre defender position. His distribution is far better than both and he scored.
Might well have offered more than McEachran today as well

Been unlucky play him at CDM ,he's strong he's got a great pass on him and he's the sort of lad we get rid off then goes off some where else and becomes a real star.
Agree play him.Always liked him.

Seems absolutely mental to me that you play McEachran when Smyth had a great game, in an unfamiliar position, on Tuesday. What the f*** is Des seeing to make these sort of bewildering selections. It’s like Smyth is being punished for having a good game.

Seems absolutely mental to me that you play McEachran when Smyth had a great game, in an unfamiliar position, on Tuesday. What the f*** is Des seeing to make these sort of bewildering selections. It’s like Smyth is being punished for having a good game.
Smyth was in defence on Tuesday, we haven’t really seen him in midfield recently. I’d give him a chance but I’m not sure he’s ever given a particularly convincing display there - he’s hardly played basically.

I was baffled when McGuane came on as a lone CDM today instead of Smyth. McEachran was predictably useless in the first half but did a decent enough job at the start of the second half in the old-school makale role. Smyth was ideal to replace him but with a bit more energy and appetite for risk to frustrate the gas and keep the pressure up. To instead bring on our most naturally gifted but positionally incompetent player while losing away was weird. Was such a good opportunity to test Smyth in that position with nothing to lose.