General Offensive Chanting

meanwhile the tofu eating wokerati complain about being heckled with "Number 10, your laces are undone".
one of my favourite heckles. it's stupid: it's not racist, sexist, or foul language.
there's probably a rule against fans blowing a refs whistle to distract a player, but is this any different to me from the roar "you're s**t - aarrgghh"

I don't really like tofu, don't vote labour, read the article and thought that while the chant was tame, the boys were out of order—come on, a megaphone?

Not sure this is the right part of the forum, but I'm interested to know why you (and many others) use 'wokeness' as a derogatory term? Genuinely interested by the way, not trying to pick a fight or make a point.

The modern definition of woke, while being adopted as a putdown by many (whose politics lean right it would appear), means being aware of social injustices. It therefore feels somewhat akin to saying something like 'the anti-homophobia brigade' or 'the cult of anti-racism'. I speak as someone who again, doesn't vote labour (or read the guardian) and doesn't enjoy tofu. I do however think it's surely better to aspire to being woke, than the opposite.

I guess I did make a point, sort of, but would be interested to get an earnest response all the same.

I miss the "you're gonna get your f*cking head kicked in" chant.

Or the slightly inaccurate given that they weren't a taxi service and would have taken you to the hospital or nowhere, "you're going home in a f*cking ambulance".

Or as someone who had eaten a hell of a lot of resin once put it, "you're going home with a cosmic ambience".

"you're going home in a f*cking ambulance"
When I was a kid on the Beech Road Shelf aged about 6 I used to think the song was 'you're going home in a flashing ambulance'. Not sure if I just misheard, or Dad used to chant the PG version as he was aware he had kids with him and had moved out of the LRT...

When I was a kid on the Beech Road Shelf aged about 6 I used to think the song was 'you're going home in a flashing ambulance'. Not sure if I just misheard, or Dad used to chant the PG version as he was aware he had kids with him and had moved out of the LRT...

Something very 1970s about a swearword being offensive, but the threat of serious violence not.

meanwhile the tofu eating wokerati complain about being heckled with "Number 10, your laces are undone".
one of my favourite heckles. it's stupid: it's not racist, sexist, or foul language.
there's probably a rule against fans blowing a refs whistle to distract a player, but is this any different to me from the roar "you're s**t - aarrgghh"

I actually read that article during my lunch break yesterday, and couldn't tell if it was supposed to be some sort of joke that I was missing?

Genuinely one of the most banal things I've read from a recognised publication.

Or the slightly inaccurate given that they weren't a taxi service and would have taken you to the hospital or nowhere, "you're going home in a f*cking ambulance".

Or as someone who had eaten a hell of a lot of resin once put it, "you're going home with a cosmic ambience".

Snuff Said But Gor Blimey Guv Stone Me If He Didn't Throw A Wobbler Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha You're Going Home In A Cosmic Ambience

One of the best longest album titles of all time.

St Johns

Snuff Said But Gor Blimey Guv Stone Me If He Didn't Throw A Wobbler Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha You're Going Home In A Cosmic Ambience

One of the best longest album titles of all time.

May well have been a direct inspiration!

How to undermine any point you may have in 3 words...
It was an article in The Guardian, and of course the original phrase by Suella Braverman was "Guardian reading, tofu-eating wokerati ...". Also the feature was full of cliches of being an outsider at Oxford University.

It was an article in The Guardian, and of course the original phrase by Suella Braverman was "Guardian reading, tofu-eating wokerati ...". Also the feature was full of cliches of being an outsider at Oxford University.
I thought it was quite funny when she realized that despite being Oxford students the guys heckling were still just 'stupid boys'.

I used to do that when my lad was 6 for the Roofe song "he could've signed for West Brom but he said no STUFF that". The bloke behind me cottoned on and used to just miss out the expletive if my son was there.

I always remember one, chanted at Newport fans concerning the Aberfan disaster.... Not nice, turned my stomach

Why do we get on and on Swindon fan kick his f head in, let me remind you that we sre now getting more and more very young fans coming to matches, they are the next generation of fans, we dont need it.
Do you sing it in the playground to one of the teachers you dont like, i doubt it.

I speak as someone who again, doesn't vote labour (or read the guardian) and doesn't enjoy tofu. I do however think it's surely better to aspire to being woke, than the opposite.

I like tofu, sort of read the Grauniad (lessand less) and used to but will never again vote Labour.

Back
Top Bottom