General Offensive Chanting

I took my girlfriend to the Oxford Swindon fa cup game (the Jefferson Louis one). At half time, Rosie bought a young Oxford couple on the pitch and the lad proposed.

Rosie admirably tried to stop the Swindon fans asking how she took it, but he failed. My girlfriend, first game, was like "ah that's ruined her big day" 🤣

Last edited:
You misunderstood - I was being grammatically pedantic! And I'm not referring to the insufficient number of ***s in the w word!
Some are just lost cases in that regard. I did notice the lack of *s as well but just shrugged and shook my head.

Not a fan of the nonce / sex offender chants and didn’t join in when they came up in the Reading game. But some of the old school songs which were a bit close to the bone were good..

I used to love the song we sang about Barry Fry and Karen Brady ‘There’s a circus in the town!’ and I’m sure we could have reworded that for Reading..

Also still love the completely immature chant at goal kicks of ‘oooohhhhhh your s**t arrggghhh’. Looking for the East Stand to get that going again!!!

Also still love the completely immature chant at goal kicks of ‘oooohhhhhh your s**t arrggghhh’. Looking for the East Stand to get that going again!!!
Bit difficult to get that going when the centre back rolls the ball to the keeper and then peels away to await the return pass (or vice versa).....

I took my girlfriend to the Oxford Swindon fa cup game (the Jefferson Louis one). At half time, Rosie bought a young Oxford couple on the pitch and the lad proposed.

Rosie admirably tried to stop the Swindon fans asking how she took it, but he failed. My girlfriend, first game, was like "ah that's ruined her big day" 🤣

What game was it at the Manor when the bloke proposed whilst the girlfriend was shaking her head basically asking him not to ask the question? She turned him down and ran off the pitch and down the tunnel, possibly crying.

I remember the London Road being absolutely merciless with the chanting to the bloke after finishing laughing.

Bit difficult to get that going when the centre back rolls the ball to the keeper and then peels away to await the return pass (or vice versa).....
You are so right, forgot about that!

But might be quite funny if we tried it when the keeper (or centre back) knocked it 5 yards to the side!

"Sign on,sign on, with pen in your hand coz you`ll neveeeeeeer get a job".................... one of my personal favourites aimed at the red filth.

Always remember when the boys in blue walked past the London Rd there was often a rendition of la, la ,la, la ,la, la pig sh-t pig sh-t or the laurel and hardy theme music

Always remember when the boys in blue walked past the London Rd there was often a rendition of la, la ,la, la ,la, la pig sh-t pig sh-t or the laurel and hardy theme music

The old McDonald song as well.

On the very rare occasion we would get a female running the line the London Road singing "Lino put the kettle on".

There’s a guy in the North Stand who still does that, still gets a laugh.

Whatever happened to 'Here we go, here we go, here we go' - simple yet effective.

Back
Top Bottom