New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

It reminds me of the time when United had the planning application for the Garsington Road site (other end of Grenoble Road but on the SOSC/Green Belt side of the road). Radio Oxford would announce that they would be covering it at a certain time. My car radio then was a bit dodgy so I would stop driving to be able to hear it clearly. There was never anything worth listening to.

I can't believe I'm still listening to this rubbish on RadOx. Is this the level of local broadcasting?
What have we learnt? Sophie's car is named "Petis poi". Fields get muddy when wet. Piglets are actually called little piggies. Oh yes, Toad in the hole looks like a poo sticking out of your bottom.

I may start drinking earlier than usual today.
Nothing like it used to be. I remember listening to Radio Oxford when it was a station full of proper broadcasters. Mark Kasprowicz, David Freeman, Bill Heine, Jon Briggs and even Bob Harris. I gave up completely when David Prever moved on. It was proper local news, not this amateurish 'student radio' feel it is today.

Nothing like it used to be. I remember listening to Radio Oxford when it was a station full of proper broadcasters. Mark Kasprowicz, David Freeman, Bill Heine, Jon Briggs and even Bob Harris. I gave up completely when David Prever moved on. It was proper local news, not this amateurish 'student radio' feel it is today.
Once upon a time you couldn't work for local radio without having a background in journalism. I can recall being turned down for a job with them for that very reason. I have no idea what qualifications are required now but, journalism cannot be one, based on this performance!

Once upon a time you couldn't work for local radio without having a background in journalism. I can recall being turned down for a job with them for that very reason. I have no idea what qualifications are required now but, journalism cannot be one, based on this performance!

Ditto the Oxford Mail.

I would not be surprised if OUFC games are responsible for their highest listenership.

Even in the Conference days, RadOx always had a spike in listeners for OUFC matches. I remember an employee there at the time telling me as much. The landscape for consuming football has obviously changed since but I suspect it is still one of the most - if not the most - popular shows on RaxOx.

They managed to put only two questions to the candidates: 1. Do you support the stadium? and 2. where do you stand on the road closures/LTN issue? I wonder how many questions were rejected and what they were?

Oxford mail & Radio Oxford = country bumpkin nimby readers & listeners...

Back
Top Bottom