New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I know Dan Levy, have for almost twenty years. Only casually. He is a good person and loves football, I get the sense he does want the stadium but he wouldn't be doing his job as a local councillor for Eynsham if he wasn't making sure it wasn't going to cause mayhem for his parish.
I’m not convinced Levy is against the plans as such and that it’s not just a political move. What makes me think that is that he says he’s representing local concerns. But just like everyone else he could have told those people to lodge an objection on the application. I’m sure someone in his region asked them to lodge their views in support, but he advised them to raise it on the application themselves. So for him to object publicly he must have wanted it to be known and was happy to accept the slight uproar, like we’d seen with Gant before.

I can only see 2 theories. He’s either personally against it (after all he could have stayed out of it and told his residents to object themselves), or he’s playing political games (wants to keep certain objectors happy by going public, whilst approving HoT to keep the other side sweet). Either way, understandable OUFC fans will feel they can’t really trust him.

The question I would ask would be why put anything in at all. It shows your hand when these should be council decisions and not ones made by the individual. With his usual colossal ego, IM was always going to comment on this, but why Gant and Levy (and Woodcock I should add for balance) decided to openly put their thoughts out there when the decisions are made as a collective beats me. There can be no good come of it. You’re always going to P**s off one side in this. Just keep schtum.

An FYI to all. Many have suggested that Suzanne McIvor is a property developer since she is listed as a director of Caroline Jayne Church Ltd. This is not the case as the PLC is the estate of a children’s book author and the property aspect to relates to the late author’s abode. I don’t know why McIvor is listed on there as a director. There was a message from the twin sister of Caroline Church on Nextdoor about it and it has caused some upset. For all our sakes, let’s make sure we don’t bring up that again re. McIvor. There are plenty of other aspects to her that are legitimate to criticise.
I did point this out last week on this thread, but was told as it has the SIC code of property I was wrong. But if you actually look into it it’s clear that this company isn’t a property developer. Definitely an accusation that should be dropped and a reminder not to make accusations unless you are very sure what you’re saying is correct.

I know Dan Levy, have for almost twenty years. Only casually. He is a good person and loves football, I get the sense he does want the stadium but he wouldn't be doing his job as a local councillor for Eynsham if he wasn't making sure it wasn't going to cause mayhem for his parish.
His parish is 7 miles from the triangle his parish every single day deals with traffic on the a40 his parish has had a big park and ride built but forgot about access so can't be used his parish is full of Oxford supporters he is against the stadium

His parish is 7 miles from the triangle his parish every single day deals with traffic on the a40 his parish has had a big park and ride built but forgot about access so can't be used his parish is full of Oxford supporters he is against the stadium
Yeah but he's a good person and loves football so forget all that.

And on Facebook too

I read Gareth Epps’ comments. He was indeed supportive.

I'm writing to support the stadium proposal, subject to conditions. I am the Liberal Democrat council candidate for Stonesfield & Tackley ward in West Oxfordshire.
I appreciate that the authorities ultimately responsible for public safety will direct or condition how the new stadium and access will be managed and controlled. The proposal for a new pedestrian footbridge from Oxford Parkway to the Triangle site would seem a very sensible measure in this regard.
Having watched many matches at the Manor Ground, I'm aware of the tortuous process of the club finding a newer and more modern ground. The bad decisions of Oxford City Council resulting in the sale of what is now the Kassam Stadium and the pending termination of Oxford United's lease have seen lessons learned in this new proposal which would benefit from far better and more sustainable transport links than the Kassam.
It is this sustainability benefit that leads me to support the application

The above are Gareth Epps supportive comments on the planning portal.

I’ve been critical of the local LDs, so it’s only fair to compliment Gareth, he was as good as his word and posted his (subject to conditions) support.

By the way, according to google maps Tackley is closer to the triangle than Eynsham!

I'm writing to support the stadium proposal, subject to conditions. I am the Liberal Democrat council candidate for Stonesfield & Tackley ward in West Oxfordshire.
I appreciate that the authorities ultimately responsible for public safety will direct or condition how the new stadium and access will be managed and controlled. The proposal for a new pedestrian footbridge from Oxford Parkway to the Triangle site would seem a very sensible measure in this regard.
Having watched many matches at the Manor Ground, I'm aware of the tortuous process of the club finding a newer and more modern ground. The bad decisions of Oxford City Council resulting in the sale of what is now the Kassam Stadium and the pending termination of Oxford United's lease have seen lessons learned in this new proposal which would benefit from far better and more sustainable transport links than the Kassam.
It is this sustainability benefit that leads me to support the application

The above are Gareth Epps supportive comments on the planning portal.

I’ve been critical of the local LDs, so it’s only fair to compliment Gareth, he was as good as his word and posted his (subject to conditions) support.

By the way, according to google maps Tackley is closer to the triangle than Eynsham!
Excellent, well done Gareth Epps.

• React
Reactions: GRB
Unleash your inner Paxman people!
So does it mean that all questions will have to be submitted prior to the interviews or will they be taking phone in questions? If it’s the written questions they will be filtered and grouped. If they are taking live questions then it could be very interesting.

So does it mean that all questions will have to be submitted prior to the interviews or will they be taking phone in questions? If it’s the written questions they will be filtered and grouped. If they are taking live questions then it could be very interesting.
I think it's safe to say that Cllr Middleton will be asked about his neutrality and where he thinks the stadium should be

Kidlington Development Watch submit a four page, thirty five point diatribe objection and each and every one of them is either opinion, speculation or contrary to factual statements made in planning documents.

Pick of the bunch “ the City Council’s recent submission [sic] Local Plan says that " "The football stadium should remain (unless it has been replaced elsewhere in Oxford or in proximity to Oxford (Policy SPS2)". Oxford’s Local Plan Policy is therefore that “The football stadium should remain” ".

Kidlington Development Watch submit a four page, thirty five point diatribe objection and each and every one of them is either opinion, speculation or contrary to factual statements made in planning documents.

Pick of the bunch “ the City Council’s recent submission [sic] Local Plan says that " "The football stadium should remain (unless it has been replaced elsewhere in Oxford or in proximity to Oxford (Policy SPS2)". Oxford’s Local Plan Policy is therefore that “The football stadium should remain” ".

It'll be replaced so they can build housing at the Kassam Stadium.

Linda bloody Ward

Back
Top Bottom