New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

It’s suddenly become a topic from IM on Nextdoor that he has spoken to ‘a number of people’ who are OUFC fans against the stadium but are afraid to speak out due to reprisals from fans.

It’s an astonishing claim and a load of nonsense however after learning of some objections purportedly from fans and even season ticket holders, I suspect the North Oxford Set have deployed it as a tactic. It’s a low one but an unsurprising one given their approach so far.

(I imagine the number of fans who actively don’t want us to move are for geographical reasons. A handful of fans in the Leys for example who enjoy the convenience of going to games so locally. Whether they would actively voice those thoughts knowing that attitude is the death of the club is another matter.)
Oooh a fun new game.

I've spoken to about 50 people who are pro the environment and are also for the stadium, but they are too afraid of the Green mafia to say anything. I've offered no proof of this, but I think their views should be counted in the positive counts.

In regard to KPC's objection, I have it on exceptionally good authority that a high profile member of FoSB was involved in the drafting of this document despite not sitting on the Parish Council. I believe that questions are being asked and this may become clearer in the coming days.
Robey and KPC should be ashamed of themselves if true.
What a way to run local politics. Spineless and pathetic.

Your historical knowledge is flawed along with your understanding of local politics and, more importantly, your knowledge of recent events.

What is your motive for being on here? You certainly don't come across as a real supporter.

I’m a real supporter, albeit a relatively recent on. I went a few games in the JPT trophy season, including the final, with my daughter who was showing an interest, and then after she lost that interest there was a break until my son started playing and following football. This was in the dying days of KR’s reign.

That may explain the gaps in my historical knowledge, so please feel free to fill them - I’m more than happy to learn. And I mean that genuinely.

Please also let me know how my understanding of local politics is flawed - again, I’m happy to accept the learning opportunity.

My motives for being here (on this thread, anyway) are to give my view on why some certain people are coming out as so vocally pro stadium, and why some others are playing their cards a little closer to their chests.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I m confident that the stadium will be built because it is - at its heart - a bureaucratic process, not an emotional one, and it frustrates me that some people are trying make political capital out of the lulls in communication and progress that will inevitably come during a process like this.

I’m a real supporter, albeit a relatively recent on. I went a few games in the JPT trophy season, including the final, with my daughter who was showing an interest, and then after she lost that interest there was a break until my son started playing and following football. This was in the dying days of KR’s reign.

That may explain the gaps in my historical knowledge, so please feel free to fill them - I’m more than happy to learn. And I mean that genuinely.

Please also let me know how my understanding of local politics is flawed - again, I’m happy to accept the learning opportunity.

My motives for being here (on this thread, anyway) are to give my view on why some certain people are coming out as so vocally pro stadium, and why some others are playing their cards a little closer to their chests.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I m confident that the stadium will be built because it is - at its heart - a bureaucratic process, not an emotional one, and it frustrates me that some people are trying make political capital out of the lulls in communication and progress that will inevitably come during a process like this.
Come out and admit that you’re a libdem rattled about losing votes.

I am anti-Conservative more than I am anything else. And from where I’m sitting, they’re using the stadium project as a cheap political points scoring opportunity.

In regard to KPC's objection, I have it on exceptionally good authority that a high profile member of FoSB was involved in the drafting of this document despite not sitting on the Parish Council. I believe that questions are being asked and this may become clearer in the coming days.
Yeah it was Ian Middleton.
Can't be, as he is a member of KPC.

Over 2400 responses now a whopping 700 over the weekend, some of which will be duplicates of course. I'll leave it to our dot counters to decide on the verdict.

I don't envy the poor soul who has to trawl through it all

I am anti-Conservative more than I am anything else. And from where I’m sitting, they’re using the stadium project as a cheap political points scoring opportunity.
Not according to Colin who is very close to this. He has suggested that they have been behind this from the beginning.
Look at what LibDems and Greens are doing to try and destroy our club.

Over 2400 responses now a whopping 700 over the weekend, some of which will be duplicates of course. I'll leave it to our dot counters to decide on the verdict.

I don't envy the poor soul who has to trawl through it all
Wow. Hopefully the antis have not waited all to the last minute and caught us out!

It’s suddenly become a topic from IM on Nextdoor that he has spoken to ‘a number of people’ who are OUFC fans against the stadium but are afraid to speak out due to reprisals from fans.

It’s an astonishing claim and a load of nonsense however after learning of some objections purportedly from fans and even season ticket holders, I suspect the North Oxford Set have deployed it as a tactic. It’s a low one but an unsurprising one given their approach so far.

(I imagine the number of fans who actively don’t want us to move are for geographical reasons. A handful of fans in the Leys for example who enjoy the convenience of going to games so locally. Whether they would actively voice those thoughts knowing that attitude is the death of the club is another matter.)
I and my two next door neighbour's are season ticket holders and live just a 5 minute walk to the kassam, we are all in agreement that without a move away from the kassam our existence is at threat, I wholeheartedly support the triangle development.

1713899253343.png
if this was a midweek game did fans leave at half time if it was a saturday i think the police would of long gone

Back
Top Bottom