New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Ian Middleton?

Who was the "plan b is the future" poster? That was absolutely pathetic from FoSB

No it's not a member of FOSB. A fan of a well known championship club who lives around a mile from the triangle and doesn't want the ground near him. 🤣

If you scroll back to page 389, I speculated that it would be good if we managed to get a total of 50% of the number of objections as submissions of support.

The number of supporting entries is currently running at TEN TIMES the number of objections - 1,170 against 136 by my count (86 comments bring the total up to the 1392 I reported earlier).

That, from a planning perspective is incredible and the planning officer cannot fail to take that overwhelming level of support into account.

So, Cllr. Miller has effectively politicised the affair. Therefore it is clear that the LibDem Green coalition are opposing the stadium for their own political aims. Talk of protecting the club from "bad people" is so disingenuous as to be laughable. Delaying the HoT and formally objecting on the planning portal for reasons that, in council, are part of confidential discussions, is seeking to protect the club? They are losing it, big time.
Councillor Middleton has the same problem, when it’s not going his way he blames everyone else especially the tories. It’s the go to defence that most of the LibDems and Greens fall back on.

If you scroll back to page 389, I speculated that it would be good if we managed to get a total of 50% of the number of objections as submissions of support.

The number of supporting entries is currently running at TEN TIMES the number of objections - 1,170 against 136 by my count (86 comments bring the total up to the 1392 I reported earlier).

That, from a planning perspective is incredible and the planning officer cannot fail to take that overwhelming level of support into account.
Yep, keep saying it, wether they find a fault in the planning application or not - that's a lot of people to potentially upset.

How very sad.

Planning applications are not decided on people's views anyways. I guarantee you won't find another planning application in Oxfordshire in the last 20 years that has as many supportive comments.

It's also worth noting people's views also change too during their life time. My view as a 35 year old with two kids isn't going to be the same as a 70 year old who's kids are my age regardless if any of us like football. I want more activities in this county to entertain the kids where obviously the older generation don't need that.

Councillor Middleton has the same problem, when it’s not going his way he blames everyone else especially the tories. It’s the go to defence that most of the LibDems and Greens fall back on.
I essentially told Cllr Epps that I wasn't interested in political allegiances, I just wanted the process to get moving, the clubs future to be secured and the political games of posturing to end.

He also tried to suggest that I was angry with Levy because he's a Stockport fan!

It is a good response when compared with other planning applications, however it’s a poor response when we have so many thousands of supporters who hold season tickets. Even more we can take 33,000 to Wembley in support of the club, but so far only 803 took the time to respond to a plea to help secure the future of our club. Why is this?

Planning applications are not decided on people's views anyways. I guarantee you won't find another planning application in Oxfordshire in the last 20 years that has as many supportive comments.

It's also worth noting people's views also change too during their life time. My view as a 35 year old with two kids isn't going to be the same as a 70 year old who's kids are my age regardless if any of us like football. I want more activities in this county to entertain the kids where obviously the older generation don't need that.
Your point about the older generation sums up FoSB's attitude.

It is a good response when compared with other planning applications, however it’s a poor response when we have so many thousands of supporters who hold season tickets. Even more we can take 33,000 to Wembley in support of the club, but so far only 803 took the time to respond to a plea to help secure the future of our club. Why is this?
How old do you have to be to comment on the planning portal?

20,000 of that 33,000 will be daytrippers who don't care.

10,000 of that 33,000 will be under 18 as well as daytrippers.

I think really we should have had 3,500 positive responses. Apathy is a big issue.

Well I can't vouch for everyone. But mine would be + 2. I take my son who is 12 and my nephew who is 11 to games. They can't comment as they are too young.

You can almost hear fosb say out of 9k supporters that's not many to which I'll reply out of 11k residents 136 is very poor

Back
Top Bottom